IGNORED

When will Suarez be properly punished

And you sir are very judgemental of people for someone who can be a very sensitive soul when people can be critical of him.

Isn't there any relevance? Carragher stating that he would rather be bitten than have his legs broken? Well maybe he could have given Nani that option... I would rather be bitten by Sebastian Vettel than get hit by his car at 150 mph, not too sure Lewis Hamilton gets that option either though.

Whats the common denominator here???

Your argument is absurd.

Carragher made a statement that he would rather be bitten than have a broken leg. That is a personal opinion regarding his preferred choice of injury when compared. What ever he has done to others is totally irrelevant to his own preference.

I also state I'd rather be bitten, and you then claim a totally different argument to that of Carragher to attempt to underline your point.

In your own words:

unfortunately a leg breaking tackle intentional or not has the grey area that it is conceivable that either opponent can mistime/lose balance.

Why then do you not apply that to Carragher?

You're starting to bore me with your determination to be correct, being more of a concern, than your determination to be rational.

depends who bites you surely? i'd rather get a broken leg than catch some scummy disease...not really arsed anyways..10 games is fine by me..i have nothing to compare it with in the premier league so can't say if it's too harsh or not harsh enough..if you go off his previous bite that got him 7 games then it seems about right

Your argument is absurd.

Carragher made a statement that he would rather be bitten than have a broken leg. That is a personal opinion regarding his preferred choice of injury when compared. What ever he has done to others is totally irrelevant to his own preference.

Suarez's pure intent was to hurt Ivanovic by biting him. He was attempting to do nothing else apart from 'assault' Ivanovic and there is no dispute over that. If he had deliberately tried to brake Ivanovic's leg where there was no dispute over what his intentions were then I would expect him to be banned from football for life not just a few games. Suarez hasnt mistimed his challenge or anything like that, his sole intention was to hurt Ivanovic and that is why he deserves a lengthy ban, especially when you take into account his previous history with such events.

The fact that he even tried to appeal that the incident should have been 3 games at the most has probably cost him even more games, as it shows that he has no understanding of the severity of what he has done.

Suarez's pure intent was to hurt Ivanovic by biting him. He was attempting to do nothing else apart from 'assault' Ivanovic and there is no dispute over that. If he had deliberately tried to brake Ivanovic's leg where there was no dispute over what his intentions were then I would expect him to be banned from football for life not just a few games. Suarez hasnt mistimed his challenge or anything like that, his sole intention was to hurt Ivanovic and that is why he deserves a lengthy ban, especially when you take into account his previous history with such events.

The fact that he even tried to appeal that the incident should have been 3 games at the most has probably cost him even more games, as it shows that he has no understanding of the severity of what he has done.

Bailey, youre forgetting that in his homeland, grabbing a forearm with 2 hands and taking a chomp is considered a friendly custom, akin to that of bloodbrothers. Hes just been misunderstood again....

He's already dropping down the list to forth or fifth, at this rate he'll be out the top one hundred by bedtime!! Poor deluded sods! I am enjoying your posts on there Zoo!

Haha! Thanks mate :).

I'm loving how they're all adamant that Luis is being 'driven out of England un-fairly'.

from the BBC:

Longest bans handed out by FA
  • 9 months - Manchester United's Eric Cantona for 'kung-fu' kicking a supporter in 1995
  • 9 months - Chelsea keeper Mark Bosnich who tested positive for cocaine in 2003
  • 8 months - Rio Ferdinand of Manchester United for missing a drugs test in 2003
  • 7 months - Sacked Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu for failing a drug test in 2004
  • 12 games - QPR's Joey Barton for two counts of violent conduct against Manchester City players in 2012
  • 11 games - Sheffield Wednesday's Paolo Di Canio for pushing referee Paul Alcock in 1998
  • 10 games - Southampton's David Prutton for shoving referee Alan Wiley in 2005
  • 10 games - Luis Suarez for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in 2013
  • 9 games - Paul Davis of Arsenal for punching Southampton's Glenn Cockerill in 1988 and breaking his jaw
  • 8 games - Luis Suarez for racially abusing Patrice Evra in 2011
  • 8 games - Man City's Ben Thatcher for elbowing Portsmouth's Pedro Mendes in 2006

How has pushing a referee over worse than racial abuse, biting someone... breaking someones jaw!?

Because if you pushed a referee over and was given a 3 match ban people would be doing it all the time. By having a stupidly long ban for such a thing people think twice before doing it. I actually don't mind them putting such a long ban on it either, I like many others think that the standard of refereeing is piss poor but at least they have some control over the game. If every single fixture ended with the referee being pushed and abused then we wouldn't have a sport. We'd have a free-for-all each week.

Haha! Thanks mate :).

I'm loving how they're all adamant that Luis is being 'driven out of England un-fairly'.

Sell him for £10 million!!! I think I woke the whole street up laughing, brilliant!! And what's funnier is they are to dull to figure you out!

Di Canio didn't push him over. I remember the incident like yesterday. All he did was give Alcock, or Brown, or whatever his name was, a very slight push, there was hardly any contact, and the referee put on this great thespian performance and it's more humorous than anything else. You can't even take it seriously. They should have charged the match official instead, for that fucking nonsense.

Di Canio didn't push him over. I remember the incident like yesterday. All he did was give Alcock, or Brown, or whatever his name was, a very slight push, there was hardly any contact, and the referee put on this great thespian performance and it's more humorous than anything else. You can't even take it seriously. They should have charged the match official instead, for that fucking nonsense.

simulation?