IGNORED

When will Suarez be properly punished

BREAKING NEWS - Luis Suarez

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has accepted a charge of violent conduct following an incident with Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in Sunday's fixture at Anfield.

However, Suarez has denied the Football Association's claim that the standard punishment of three matches is clearly insufficient for this offence.

from the BBC.

Apparently biting someone should be punished the same as a deliberate handball... rolleyes.gif

Edited by Matt

from the BBC.

Apparently biting someone should be punished the same as a deliberate handball... rolleyes.gif

I cant actually believe he has disputed the length of the ban. Call it what you like but he has phsyically assaulted another player with no provocation. Its also a repeat offence and he should be banned accordingly. At PSV they gave him an internal 2 game ban which is fair play to them and this time he is disputing its anyworse than 3!?

He was a cock and he seemed sorry for it but not accepting whatever is given to him strikes me that he doesnt actually realise the extent of what he has done. Disgraceful and tbh it doesnt surprise me in the slightest.

I cant actually believe he has disputed the length of the ban.

Wonder if it's his decision or a club thing....no mention of it on their OS, and the way they were talking it seemed like they were prepared to accept whatever decision the FA came to.

You need to drop the 2 footed tackle is ok crap.

We're not talking about clumsy challenges, but deliberate leg breaking attacks, such as Keanes. If you tell me that Keanes was just an exaggeration of what is allowed, I will quickly realise you are insane, and withdraw from future debate with you.

The French lad with the infamous butt to the chest is another example of aggression much worse than Suarez's. Cantona's attack on the crowd another. Too many drama queens on here.

Trying to see where I stated 2 footed tackles are "ok" pretty sure I didn't. In fact I don't think I've stated any sort of misconduct on the pitch is ok. The reason is - cos I didn't.

Debate is great when one person doesn't make up things the other person hasnt said.

I'm not comparing the various levels of assault - you are. Assault is assault and should be dealt with accordingly let's not get into varying degrees, unfortunately a leg breaking tackle intentional or not has the grey area that it is conceivable that either opponent can mistime/lose balance. Roy keane was unique in the sense that he admitted he wanted to do haarland, he could have stated it was late, misjudged and never intended to do it - he didn't, it was therefore assault.

Hope that clears up where I stand on it all.

I cant actually believe he has disputed the length of the ban. Call it what you like but he has phsyically assaulted another player with no provocation. Its also a repeat offence and he should be banned accordingly. At PSV they gave him an internal 2 game ban which is fair play to them and this time he is disputing its anyworse than 3!?

He was a cock and he seemed sorry for it but not accepting whatever is given to him strikes me that he doesnt actually realise the extent of what he has done. Disgraceful and tbh it doesnt surprise me in the slightest.

Well fook me, they are playing the technicality card here now?!

A player who catches another with a flailing elbow - intentional or not gets 3 matches. Nani got 3 matches for trying to control a ball and colliding with arbeloas chest. Joey Barton got 12 matches for kneeing aguero and gesturing a butt towards kompany.

I'd actually like to see ivanovic press charges now. My mate was bitten in a Sunday league match - drew blood, and needed blood tests etc - not very nice when you have a wife and kids...

Wonder if it's his decision or a club thing....no mention of it on their OS, and the way they were talking it seemed like they were prepared to accept whatever decision the FA came to.

Im hoping it was purely his because Im sure even Liverpool wouldnt try and dispute it. Like you say, they sounded like they were prepared to accept whatever charges they got.

Well fook me, they are playing the technicality card here now?!

A player who catches another with a flailing elbow - intentional or not gets 3 matches. Nani got 3 matches for trying to control a ball and colliding with arbeloas chest. Joey Barton got 12 matches for kneeing aguero and gesturing a butt towards kompany.

I'd actually like to see ivanovic press charges now. My mate was bitten in a Sunday league match - drew blood, and needed blood tests etc - not very nice when you have a wife and kids...

I cant see that he will press charges tbh.

Like I said when Fellaini got punished, I actually thought that was lenient and his 'incident' was provocated and a first time offence. He should be getting upward of 6 games imo, probably even more now that he has appealed and obviously doesn't think it was that bad.

I think this incident has been blown out of all proportion - which it has.

You want to see, or discuss, a snide challenge or unsavory moment, watch the West German keeper (schumacher) on the French midfielder (battiston) in the 1982 World Cup in Spain.

This isn't it.

But once again, because it's fucking Luis Suarez, saturation coverage ensues..

Why are some people saying "its because its Louis Suarez" - and it's being blown out of proportion. It's not been blown out of proportion - it's high profile, he's a class player who courts controversy more than any other player in the league. He gets full coverage of the class things he does with a ball, he can't have it both ways.

If it was Michael Owen you would have seen as much coverage, the difference is that Owen wouldn't have done it because he hasn't got a screw loose.

Schumachers challenge on battiston is remembered as a horrific and ott challenge. Ironically he was best man at his wedding after the incident, I can't see Suarez getting that honour.

If it was his first indescretion then fair enough, he should still get a 7 match ban, apologise and move on. This is the second time he's bitten someone now! Add that to the numerous other stamps, giving fans the finger etc.

Liverpool really do think they're above the rules. Suarez himself saying he thinks 3 matches is enough, in my book that alone would warrant a couple of extra matches added to his ban. The ridiculous attempt from the club to turn it into a PR exercise, now Carragher, it will go on and on I'm sure. They will never learn.

Him coming out and saying he wants his fine to go to the hillsborough fund? I'm sorry - he doesn't get that liberty. If he wants to donate money like most people do - then it should come voluntarily out of his vast wealth, if he cares so much.

"oh i'm having to give up £300k? Can you give it to hillsborough then? - at least it's going to something good if not my back pocket, may even gain me some favour "

That fund has been built up by the hard work and dignified manner that those who have been fighting over 20 years - it should not be sullied by an injection of cash associated with a player who doesn't know how to behave himself.

I trust Liverpool will do the right thing with that money, it's not for him to dictate or request. Just like it's not for him to state what he thinks is a fair punishment.

10 game ban - about right IMO.

Is that the same Carragher who was talking about his mates doing Lucas Neill over at the trafford centre for breaking his leg - till he called them off (like the guvnor he is)

is this the same Carragher that nearly crippled Nani - after having already put him out for the game for 2 months previous to this???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1366887/Manchester-Uniteds-Nani-blasts-reckless-Jamie-Carragher-season-ending-tackle.html

Yep i'm sure he would be made up being bitten, it's just a day in the life of being a footballer. Players will be ditching shin pads for chain mail on their arms.

10 game ban - about right IMO.

Is that the same Carragher who was talking about his mates doing Lucas Neill over at the trafford centre for breaking his leg - till he called them off (like the guvnor he is)

is this the same Carragher that nearly crippled Nani - after having already put him out for the game for 2 months previous to this???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1366887/Manchester-Uniteds-Nani-blasts-reckless-Jamie-Carragher-season-ending-tackle.html

Yep i'm sure he would be made up being bitten, it's just a day in the life of being a footballer. Players will be ditching shin pads for chain mail on their arms.

Haf, you are so bitter and uncompromising it's actually quite sad. There is no relevance to what Carragher has done to others, and what he would rather have 'done to him'.

Him coming out and saying he wants his fine to go to the hillsborough fund? I'm sorry - he doesn't get that liberty. If he wants to donate money like most people do - then it should come voluntarily out of his vast wealth, if he cares so much.

"oh i'm having to give up £300k? Can you give it to hillsborough then? - at least it's going to something good if not my back pocket, may even gain me some favour "

That fund has been built up by the hard work and dignified manner that those who have been fighting over 20 years - it should not be sullied by an injection of cash associated with a player who doesn't know how to behave himself.

I trust Liverpool will do the right thing with that money, it's not for him to dictate or request. Just like it's not for him to state what he thinks is a fair punishment.

Spot on! Saurez wasn't interested in donating any of his inflated wages before he turned into a werewolf.

10 games is what he deserves. I didn't think he would have got it but I think we have to applaud the FA for having some balls here - I'm over the moon.

May drop to 7/8 if they appeal (which if they have any dignity they won't).

Don't get the "...so biting is worse than racism..." argument that so many are coming up with.

There's no connection or comparison between the two offences so they can't be compared.

It's like saying chocolate is better than sunshine or a stubbed toe is worse than North Korea.

10 games is justified. He's been found guilty of many major offences in the past so it obviously doesn't seem to be working with him. He won't learn. He needs just to just understand that he's a total cunt and that his actions are beyond belief.

He was punished for those offenses and did his time.

You can't justify taking old offenses into consideration without being accused of victimization. It's not a magistrates court.

If biting a player gets 10 games ban, then fine, as long as that is the length of ban 'every' player will get should they bite somebody.

Of course you can, if someone doesn't learn their lesson then you give them a harsher punishment. He clearly doesn't care about missing three games and he clearly doesn't care about missing seven. I just hope that he learns his lesson after missing 10 (although I highly doubt it).

I'm also hoping that this sends him out of Anfield. I think even Liverpool fans are realising how much of a ball-bag he is.

Of course you can, if someone doesn't learn their lesson then you give them a harsher punishment. He clearly doesn't care about missing three games and he clearly doesn't care about missing seven. I just hope that he learns his lesson after missing 10 (although I highly doubt it).

I'm also hoping that this sends him out of Anfield. I think even Liverpool fans are realising how much of a ball-bag he is.

Yes and no!

Yes, the puishment should be harsher for repeat offenders.

No, don't sell him liverpool please.If they sell him they might get £30million to buy decent players, I'd rather he stays misses 10 games, comes back does a jellavic and has a poor season, bites someone again and then find his value dropped to about £10million.

I want a miss-firing Saurez and a fast slowing down Gerrard playing next season, that and no scouse passion from Carrigher, could be interesting.

Edited by Blue 250

Haf, you are so bitter and uncompromising it's actually quite sad. There is no relevance to what Carragher has done to others, and what he would rather have 'done to him'.

And you sir are very judgemental of people for someone who can be a very sensitive soul when people can be critical of him.

Isn't there any relevance? Carragher stating that he would rather be bitten than have his legs broken? Well maybe he could have given Nani that option... I would rather be bitten by Sebastian Vettel than get hit by his car at 150 mph, not too sure Lewis Hamilton gets that option either though.

Whats the common denominator here???