IGNORED

Junior Malanda

http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/45823/Verlegt_Everton_zijn_aandacht_van_Odjidja_naar_Malanda

That article says we're interested in Junior Malanda. A scout will be in Belgium watching him in action next week against Genk. He's 18 years old and Belgium -19's captain. He plays as a centre back for the Belgium -19 squad and as a holding midfielder for his club side Zulte-Waregem. They're normally a middle of the road team, but they are actually in second place after 19 games this season and he has certainly played his part in that. I don't think he'd be an addition to our first team squad though. I've read that Zulte Waregem's manager has talked about selling him to an English club that would be willing to have him on loan at Zulte Waregem for another year or two.

Malanda is set to become Belgium's next major midfielder. He is actually only 18y old and many people find him the most impressive player in a team that features amongst others the young talented Thorgan Hazard (Eden's brother) and they're 2nd in the league, ahead of Club Brugge, Racing Genk and Standard.

If the scout was at Waregem-Genk like that article in the opening post said, he'll have seen Malanda score the equaliser in their 3-1 win over Genk. He scored with a powerful header.

Not that that signifies anything in itself. Just the fact that he's so good already as a defensive mid for ZW and that he's only 18, THAT's what make shim interesting. He's in the starting line-up of practically every game for ZW.

He's only 18 years old, captain of the Belgian -19 and one of the best players in the Belgian League already. He's made for a big career, let's hope he comes to Everton.

Vadis would also be a great defensive midfielder for Everton. Strong, defends well and his football skills are extremely high. He plays higher on the pitch now in Bruges, a bit like Fellaini here.

Is this coincidental or does Moyes have a hard-on for Belgians? Or do we have a bunch of Belgian scouts or something?

The papers are likely to link us with every Belgian talent. We don't exactly buy loads of players and have two Belgians. Then, we have the "Everton need to keep hold of Fellaini" storyline. It makes sense to the papers that we would want to surround him with more Belgian nationals to keep him happy here.

Needless to say, I take any Belgian player links with a whole shaker of salt.

This guy looks good though.

I think Belgium is a hotbed for talent, you only have to look at the squad they have now. We need to get the average of the team down so happy days if we go for him

Oh believe me, I'm not complaining. A ton of talent coming out of Belgium and they're going to be a force internationally for the next decade. Just curious where this is all coming from.

The papers are likely to link us with every Belgian talent. We don't exactly buy loads of players and have two Belgians. Then, we have the "Everton need to keep hold of Fellaini" storyline. It makes sense to the papers that we would want to surround him with more Belgian nationals to keep him happy here.

Needless to say, I take any Belgian player links with a whole shaker of salt.

This guy looks good though.

I understand how the press works and rumors and all that and you're definitely right in that virtually every Belgian rumored to be on the move is going to be linked to us in some way. That being said, there's clearly more to it than just that. We just added Mirallas and Odjidja-Ofoe would be here as well if not for technicalities.

• 3 weeks later...

This guy is not as good as everbody thinks. He is a good player, but not that good to play in a topteam.. He diddn't prove anything.

This season he play 9 of the 15 games well and everybody wants him ? Last year he wasn't good enough for Lille and now he is good enough for Everton?

He is also linked with Bruges, but don't think he is good enough for Bruges. And certainly not for 3,500,000€ ! huh.png

This guy is not as good as everbody thinks. He is a good player, but not that good to play in a topteam.. He diddn't prove anything.

This season he play 9 of the 15 games well and everybody wants him ? Last year he wasn't good enough for Lille and now he is good enough for Everton?

He is also linked with Bruges, but don't think he is good enough for Bruges. And certainly not for 3,500,000€ ! huh.png

Yeah, he is only one of the main reasons why Waregem is second in the Belgian League, and he's 18 years old. I also think this kid is shit. No future at all. guns.gif

If Waregem sells this guy for €3.5M, they are really stupid. He is also linked with 20 other teams that are better than Bruges, so you don't have to worry.celebrate.gif

I think Belgium is a hotbed for talent, you only have to look at the squad they have now. We need to get the average of the team down so happy days if we go for him

The more belgians the better!

as long as they dont head butt anyone else.

I know nothing about the player but things like this mean little to me. Different league, different team, different coaching staff, different philosophies, etc. Pienaar was pretty brutal for Tottenham and now is making the EPL his bitch this season with Everton. If this was a Royston Drenthe or Freddy Adu kind of situation where things were just not working out wherever he went then I'd be very concerned, but I'm not going to give up on a defender because he wasn't great as an 18 year old for Lille. Central defenders take longer than just about anybody to develop. Just look at Jagielka as an example.

I know nothing about the player but things like this mean little to me. Different league, different team, different coaching staff, different philosophies, etc. Pienaar was pretty brutal for Tottenham and now is making the EPL his bitch this season with Everton. If this was a Royston Drenthe or Freddy Adu kind of situation where things were just not working out wherever he went then I'd be very concerned, but I'm not going to give up on a defender because he wasn't great as an 18 year old for Lille. Central defenders take longer than just about anybody to develop. Just look at Jagielka as an example.

I'm sorry, it's true what you say. What I just wanted to say is that you can buy better young players for that price.

• 5 months later...