IGNORED

Junior Malanda

The type of player who forces a move by not turning up for training :huh:?

In terms of quality. This is one example, albeit a bad one but he is an exceptional young talent. Talented youngsters of course, we should be looking at them? Why wouldn't we :dont know: He has a alight attitude problem at 18...its not abnormal!! He will learn how to carry himself, given the right people around him.

You can't teach natural ability but you can teach manners.

If you're happy that we're buying over-aged, less than average players who suck ass, then fine by me. However, it won't take us forward unfortunately.

I think we need to maintain professional attitudes.

Newcastle bought lots of so called young talent, but where did it get them? Individuals don't make teams better, but worse. A manager will look at his needs, and address those needs, and often, it's quite the unexpected player that makes all the difference. It's a bit like chess, knowing if only you had a knight on the right, you'd be be in a very strong position.

If you're happy that we're buying over-aged, less than average players who suck ass, then fine by me. However, it won't take us forward unfortunately.

Which over-aged less than average players who suck ass have we bought :huh:?

Must've missed something ;).

People just need to calm down, nothing's happened yet and half of TT is up in arms :dont know:.

I need a holiday (beer will have to do for now :beer:), it's doing my head in :unsure:.

Yeah maybe we do, but there's a lot of sarcasm and rather provoking responses, that also need quelling.

The two go hand in hand unfortunately.

Maybe not "bought" then, I should have noted "buy", as by the sounds of things (and many multiple sources), we're about to buy one.

Twitter now saying that Malanda has somehow cancelled his contract and is a free agent. If so, we must go in for him.

There's a law in Belgium which allows professional athletes to terminate a contract if they pay a fee (equal to the wage they were still gonna get during the run of the contract) to their team. Fellaini threatened to do the same thing in order to get a raise when he was still at Standard. Defour threatened to use it when Genk wouldn't sell him to Ajax. And another Standard player that has been linked with moves to England (Fulham mainly) has done the same thing just last week. In Belgian media there are only a couple of sources suggesting that Malanda might try do the same thing, no one reporting that he has done it.

There's a law in Belgium which allows professional athletes to terminate a contract if they pay a fee (equal to the wage they were still gonna get during the run of the contract) to their team. Fellaini threatened to do the same thing in order to get a raise when he was still at Standard. Defour threatened to use it when Genk wouldn't sell him to Ajax. And another Standard player that has been linked with moves to England (Fulham mainly) has done the same thing just last week. In Belgian media there are only a couple of sources suggesting that Malanda might try do the same thing, no one reporting that he has done it.

Threatening to use the "law of '78" and not showing up are getting increasingly common in Belgium in recent years btw. Benteke didn't show up for training with Genk either in order to force a move to Villa and Courtois didn't show up for a friendly against Lyon in order to force a move to Chelsea. It's all spoiled kids and agents with dollars in their eyes.

Zulte-Waregem's budget was €9m this past season and they signed Malanda from Lille's U21s so he'll probably be one of their lowest paid players as well. His wages would increase enormously if he were to sign for an English team. It's kinda ruining my enjoyment of Belgian football, but it's either sticking with these young brats who'll want to leave after a season or signing shit older players with no ambition.

Edited by Steve_E

Why wouldn't he?

Mid table obscurity (at best) must be an attractive prospect for an ambitious player :huh:.

It's not saying that he has chosen them over us. Only that it's Fulham who have offered Zulte-Waregem €3m, but Waregem didn't want to talk about a transfer which is why he's making trouble over his contract.

It's not saying that he has chosen them over us. Only that it's Fulham who have offered Zulte-Waregem €3m, but Waregem didn't want to talk about a transfer which is why he's making trouble over his contract.

Fair enough :).

Romey 1878, on 04 Jul 2013 - 22:06, said:snapback.png

They're the only side with an older squad age than us, worryingly.

I know, just a joke.

I think ageing squad was a gripe at Chelsea the last time Mourinho was there and now he's back..........