IGNORED

West Ham (Away)

Zoo

brand.gif

On the back of a 1-1 draw with Stoke City is this going to be a similar outcome? I personally think not, West Ham may seem like a threat but they are certainly nowhere near our standards as a football club. They had chances to finish of Liverpool last week and never did, losing the game 3-2 so on that basis we should be able to come back from London with all three points.

Probably the only London ground we're comfortable at, we have played rubbish and still pinched the points off these more than once. Expect 3 points, and hopefully a good game to watch.

Team not much different from today. Heitinga in for either Jags or Distin as neither done enough to warrant their place. Personally I'd like to see Oviedo to start as the team lacks pace.

Howard

Coleman Heitinga Distin Baines

Naismith Osman Gibson Pienaar

Barkley?

Jelavic

Although his form has tailed off, Nolan is a tough opponent who has that uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time, as long as the cb's and Gibson/Osman keep track of his movement we should be fine as no other West Ham player offers much threat, maybe Matt Jarvis if Coleman doesn't turn up. Noble is solid in the middle, however his team mates aren't up to scratch and no one man can carry a team in this league, once we're past him we should have no problem getting a few goals past one of the weakest defences in the league. I smell goals and a clean sheet, fingers crossed.

(Thank god (Louis) for the auto save had pressed delete, but it went back and I nearly lost this post)

That's the way son, get in nice and early, and give no-one else a chance...

It's no surprise I don't like West Ham much, and it was totally unjust they got an EPL place this season as Blackpool were all over them in the play off final this May, but they wasted all their chances, and they took their couple that came along, played poorly, and the rest is history. I don't like some of their players, including the awful looking Carroll, and there's always his Liverpool connections, and just a general feeling of distaste. Will be difficult going there and getting a victory but we have the ability, even if Fellaini won't be involved. Seriously hope we can win this, it would mean a lot. But I think a draw, another one, may well be the final outcome here. It wouldn't be no surprise. That may be all I have to say on this until time of fixture and hope our players can redeem themselves and actions speak louder than words.

Allardyce's teams are always pretty difficult to break down. They are direct, pretty physical and they generall defend pretty well. West Ham have a couple of weak links in their back four, and although they havent done badly they can be got at. Collins is a mistake waiting to happen if you pressure him enough and Im not convinced by the RB who's bloody name has popped out of my head! I think it begins with a 'D'.

They are definitely a team we can beat, but if we arent at the races then they could beat us convincingly!

Allardyce's teams are always pretty difficult to break down. They are direct, pretty physical and they generall defend pretty well. West Ham have a couple of weak links in their back four, and although they havent done badly they can be got at. Collins is a mistake waiting to happen if you pressure him enough and Im not convinced by the RB who's bloody name has popped out of my head! I think it begins with a 'D'.

They are definitely a team we can beat, but if we arent at the races then they could beat us convincingly!

and he's their best defender laugh.png. Time for Jelavic to start shining again.

Check out a fan site they have called 'Knees Up Mother Brown' It's one of the best fansites they have and worth registering if you are sensible and don't as a rival fan, cause any hostilities etc.

They have one or two decent players, and Nolan, I don't like him, but can be dangerous and the untidy Carroll will have to be watched and can cause all kinds of mayhem from set pieces. But apart from that, they're nothing really to be feared, although from previous experiences, a trip to Upton Park in front of a partizan crowd can be unsettling from an away perspective. That will be their 12th man, but we have the capabilities to win this even with Fellaini out, and I damn well hope we can do it..

Check out a fan site they have called 'Knees Up Mother Brown' It's one of the best fansites they have and worth registering if you are sensible and don't as a rival fan, cause any hostilities etc.

They have one or two decent players, and Nolan, I don't like him, but can be dangerous and the untidy Carroll will have to be watched and can cause all kinds of mayhem from set pieces. But apart from that, they're nothing really to be feared, although from previous experiences, a trip to Upton Park in front of a partizan crowd can be unsettling from an away perspective. That will be their 12th man, but we have the capabilities to win this even with Fellaini out, and I damn well hope we can do it..

We've been playing against 12 men all season dry.png.

My brother was a very active member there....not any more I don't think. Not since he got marriedlaugh.png .

We need to stop fucking about and these next eight games will define our season. their best player (Diame) is out and arguably our best player is but i think we can change our style and not be so direct but they cant. Set pieces are a must just like i said last week Howard needs to sort it :( Id play Naismith behind Jelly, Ossie on right and Ross to run thr show. Result 1- 2 Ross and Jelly

Scoring from a set piece may be their best chance of scoring for this. You can just see now the greasy Carroll getting involved from this and causing problems and they do have other players that can menace. Carlton Cole is a good player and will have to be watched. Once again, The Boleyn Ground will be a big factor of them and it's an atmosphere that can intimidate, but arguably we have the better players all round so hopefully that should be enough on the day. It would mean a lot to beat these, and with the players we do have, that is more than possible, but things have been too inconsistent lately and that's what worries me a bit too much.

Fair enough. I thought Carroll might be involved. Wasn't aware he was on the inactive roster.

That'll be of some use to us, I don't like him, but recognize he can be a dangerous player with some potential and with his omission, we can only have a better chance of getting something out of this. Finished third in the second division this year and was almost beaten out of sight by Blackpool in the play off final, but still somehow managed to win. Before that, they were absolutely awful in their last visit in the EPL (2009-10) So not really an opposition to worry over, although still insist the home stadium will be their biggest ally on the day.

watched them closely against WestBrom last week - 0-0 affair -

WeasBrom was the better side on the pitch but WestHam crowded them off the ball all over the field by applying aggressive defense in numbers giving you very little space to play attractive football -

WestBrom tried the long ball but without much success - with all our small players the long ball option is not really an option for Saturday -

they are certainly going to hit us with the long ball - hope we play our best tall defenders -

we should hit them with 2 strikers up front because their crowded defense makes it easy to isolate a single striker but will spread them if we attack two pronged -

when last have we seen a well struck goal from distance by an Everton striker? we seem to pass or squeeze most of our goals -

I only watched the second half, but they were pretty much over run by West Brom at times. Odemwingie had the beating of Demel everytime and if it was for a couple of slices of luck and last minute blocks then then would and should have lost that game. We just need to stop Cole & Nolan getting into the game because they are the focal point. Cole is garbage for the most part and I would hope our CB's could deal with him. Nolan is the tricky one!

That's the first I was aware of the scoreline until it was mentioned in the above, but would have wanted Bromwich to have got a win in that. I disagree that Cole is such a bad player, and Nolan, bit of a snide player, but still one to watch. They're really not a team of much caliber, with every now and again pull off a fine result, amid general poor or middling performances. We have the capabilities to do something there, but once again, how will the main match official perform. Not going to be an easy job with such a boisterous crowd and partizan support. But the team on their own, is beatable.

Hopefully without fellaini Moyes can get back to the style that we were playing when we beat southhampton and Swansea convincingly. Could be a blessing in disguise me thinks, especially two games before playing Chelsea. Perfect game to see what Barkley can offer as a pivot in attack. As effective as the long ball to felli can be, I'd much rather watch jelavic bang them in after a carefully placed pullback from Coleman after an overlap with mirallas. God that was good to watch.

Just hope I can somehow watch this game, will be staying in Bangkok. Missed the last game and had to settle for watching Liverpool get done by villa, which after hearing how shit the game at stoke was, perhaps wasn't a bad thing.

Most of us West Ham are glad that mop head is out for this meeting and I think we all agree it a ban that is long over due , just a shame that horrible **** Shawcross walked . We have a lot of injuries at the moment but read today that we do have Jossi and Collison back which will help us out a bit . I feel positive about todays game and think we will nick it 2-1 .

I am Admin on a small Forum and you are welcome over for friendly banter , details http://cockneyboys.forumotion.co.uk/forum

COYI