IGNORED

Joey Barton

I thought it was decent. Better than his normal rants where he usually comes down hard on those who openly criticize him.

Sure but just one "i wont have a go at Nev because he was a hero of mine" would have been enough and the bigger thing to do. To say you wont have a go twice or more is taking the admirable out of the action and turning it to attention seeking, get a few cheap points for being the bigger man action.

Sure but just one "i wont have a go at Nev because he was a hero of mine" would have been enough and the bigger thing to do. To say you wont have a go twice or more is taking the admirable out of the action and turning it to attention seeking, get a few cheap points for being the bigger man action.

What works for some may not work for others, but I see your point.

Better all round player than Gerrard and less of a scumbag. Both not had the best upbringing in Huyton, however ones matured the others shameless.

And he worst post of the decade goes to.........................

Barton shows passion, sometimes it gets the better of him but there is no question that he puts in 100%. I'd have him all day.

Can we just rewind this Zoo so you can answer the question I posed a couple of days back (which you ignored). How can you post this...

Disgusting. Life-time ban at least (hopefully a criminal conviction).

....and want us to sign Barton?

Complete hypocrisy on your part I'm afraid.

...I answered it?

Fuck's sake Zoo it's not complicated.....

You want a man who punches people while playing badminton (passionate guy presumably) to be prosecuted or banned for life because he's out of order but you want a guy who punches people while playing football (because he's passionate) to sign for Everton.

What's the difference between the two that you love one and want the other incarcerated?

Guest blueboy122

To me there's a lot more to Barton's game than just hitting people. Clearly me and you have different views so to save there being an unnecessary argument all over the thread we'll have to agree to disagree :).

That Badminton player was also great player so there was a lot more to his game his forehand was excellent I believe.

Again whats the difference?

Decent player but no way.

As a club we can hold our heads up that we behave in the right way, are respectful and are not a team of prima donnas getting thrown out of nightclubs.

I don't believe in win at all costs. I think Moyes has left a great legacy of being a standup club.

Barton certainly doesn't enter into that philosophy.

• 1 year later...

...Released by QPR

Being a bit naughty here. Anyone have a heart attack?

Haha! I've truthfully always liked Barton. I don't think he can hack it anymore as a starter. But, on cheap wages, I'd have him here. I know I'm in the minority (the extreme minority), but he would be a good player for cup games and provide a little steel against teams like Stoke, Palace and WBA that just try and kick us off the pitch.

...Released by QPR

Being a bit naughty here. Anyone have a heart attack?

Yup, fortunately the nurse who gave me mouth to mouth and CPR was a cracker so I forgive you.

Even more luckily she was taking part in a pilot study on "The possible benefits of testicular stimulation during Myocardial Infarction involving fifty-five year olds called Mike". Coincidence or what?