IGNORED

David Moyes - sign or go ?

Avinalaff

1. 1. How do you feel about Moyes delaying signing a new contract?

• Happy
    • Unhappy
    • Neutral

I can't watch the article - and - can't install the relevant device to enable - but will have a look at a later opportunity.

But it's only familiar reading you can imagine.

#1 I think one day, Moyes will maybe have a shot at mangerial duties in the SPL, but can't look beyond Celtic and nowhere else. As a former player, it does sound plausible enough. Of course by that time, anything could have happened, in that both Glasgow clubs could be playing in England. Sounds unlikely and it's been debated to death, but you never can quite tell what will occur. Never say never.

#2 See the above, or once again, why don't they just go ahead and be done with it. The SPL is a farce, has been for over 20 years now, no side other than the Old Firm has a realistic chance of winning the league championship, so just damn well let them play in england and just be done with it. They've had Welsh clubs involved for as long as anyone can remember, and even if it was a trial period, it would be something to see. There's scope for good matches such as Arsenal vs Rangers (if they can make it back to their former stature, and they will) and Manchester City vs Celtic for example. Both clubs are no pushovers and have beaten some big English and European names in recent years.

#3 Celtic have a better european pedigree than most English clubs, and only the last decade have done well, and this season, have a chance for success again with Juventus of Turin in the draw, so they could go a long way once again. First UK club to win the European Cup of all things.

I think what Ferguson said was good enough. The two know each other well, there's admiration for each other, and Ferguson recognizes that Moyes is a good manager who has done an impressive job here since arriving from Preston and in thinking there could be some unbalance ahead when Moyes goes, seems fair enough. I didn't have a problem with what was said. Not everyone likes Ferguson or his speaking out, but what's he's done in the last 35 years as a manager is outstanding. You can't berate individuals like that, and I think his mind games are impressive in that his side usually comes out on top. Say what you like, but it'll be a sad day for the game when he finally retires from management

I think what Ferguson said was good enough. The two know each other well, there's admiration for each other, and Ferguson recognizes that Moyes is a good manager who has done an impressive job here since arriving from Preston and in thinking there could be some unbalance ahead when Moyes goes, seems fair enough. I didn't have a problem with what was said. Not everyone likes Ferguson or his speaking out, but what's he's done in the last 35 years as a manager is outstanding. You can't berate individuals like that, and I think his mind games are impressive in that his side usually comes out on top. Say what you like, but it'll be a sad day for the game when he finally retires from management

Only if they take Moyes.

They as in Manchester United ?

Don't think their supporters would even want Moyes of all things, for reasons that don't need elaboration and have already been discussed at length. I'd be surprised to ever see Moyes at Old Trafford other than a spectator and it's just a name I don't think the fans would fully welcome or other than that, they're more likely to bring in someone who has actually won something such as Scolari, or Hiddink or even Ancelotti.

Ferguson has been manager since 1986 and fuck knows where the stubborn Scot will eventually depart. He said he was going to step down after season 2000-01, but what happened to that ? I think so long as he is able and competent he will remain in charge there, and he has a burning desire to overtake a certain oppositions five european cup wins, and time is really running out for him in that regard, but I expect him to be manager for another two seasons at least. And even then, by that time, Moyes could well be at another club, but it's all what if's and maybe's, but that's a fair enough picture to paint.

Im starting to wonder if this situation is having an affect on the players in the team. Many of them seem like they can't be arsed at the moment, it shone through in volumes during the game on Sunday. Has Moyes let on to the players that he will call it a day at the end of the season, and heads have gone down? I really think he needs to clarify his position with regards to his contract, because something is not right at present.

Im starting to wonder if this situation is having an affect on the players in the team. Many of them seem like they can't be arsed at the moment, it shone through in volumes during the game on Sunday. Has Moyes let on to the players that he will call it a day at the end of the season, and heads have gone down? I really think he needs to clarify his position with regards to his contract, because something is not right at present.

Highly unlikely as you know how the slightest thing can sneak out on these damn social network things. Guessing a fair number of the team players will be involved themselves, and it's asking an awful lot for everyone to keep quiet. View it anyway you like, but I just can't buy into that scenario. I can't believe that Moyes would have made such a statement and players would be aware and no-one outside the club would have known nothing etc.

I merely believe that Moyes is undecided yet, and waiting until end of season to see where we find ourselves with regard to accomplishments and player situations, and then take it from there.

Even so, it's been a very good season for the most part thus far, and Moyes has done far worse at this stage of season than some previous years you could mention.

I didn't think we could feasibly win at Old Trafford just gone, and let's remember Moyes record at there, as with Stamford Bridge, Anfield and Highbury/ Emirates since his arrival in 2002, reads - played 48 - won 0

Not a statistic you want to view, but we can only wait until a further point in time to see where Moyes' immediate future really lies. There will be some, who will shed no tears, if the Scot does decide to move on and try his hand elsewhere.

11 or 12 years ago when Ferguson declared he was going to leave, (then did a u-turn and stayed anyway), they did a shortlist of the most plausible and expected names to take over, and Steve McClaren was the only UK name that was available or a possible candidate if I remember. Seemed for sure that either Capello, Van Gaal, Hitzfeld, Cryuff etc were next in line, but it was all irrelevant in the end as the stubborn Scot decided to continue.

United have never had a manager from overseas either ?, but it does look likely that is the route they will take once Ferguson does decide to leave. Once again, David Moyes chances of getting the job, seem between slim and non existent.

Agreed. I've said for a long time he wouldn't be signing another contract.

I think I've known for a while as well to be honest and I'm still undecided whether its a good thing or bad thing. My old man is a bit of a Moyes happy clapper but even he thinks now might be a good time to part ways and see if we can get someone to take us to the next level. The years of Moyes referring to us as "Everton" instead of saying "we" has grated me a bit as well tbh, I know it's only a petit thing but that to me says his heart isn't in it as much as it once was. In recent interviews he seems more frustrated than ever, mainly I think down to our lack of activity in January. I was skeptical about Southamptons new manager, but since he took charge every game I've seen them play they have been very impressive, although that doesn't justify the sacking of Adkins. But maybe we should look to somewhere like Spain for our next manager.

I work in Manchester and Utd fans dont want him but City fans do, but they seem to think Jose is going to City. So do you think Utd are going to give a man who has performed well will average constraints that has got to two domestic cup finals the job? Absolutely no chance. Do you think Fergie will have a say on who gets the job? Absolutely not. As soon as he says he is going that is it. The owners will go for a Guardiola. I like Davey but ive seen teams win things that have had a smaller budget than ours and win a trophy. I feel Davey could have done more with our opportunities aka semis against the Shite and league cup semi against Chelski. If EFC are about cutting the budget if Davey wants to go and he is on a reported £70k a week why not? Im sure Laudrup has enough dough and would take half that.............

I said all along that the majority of MUFC fans wouldn't want David Moyes. He's simply not a feasible replacement when Ferguson departs above all else.

And isn't Moyes being paid enough ? Yes he's done well, but the salaries today in soccer, are just getting out of hand from my perspective. Certainly doesn't warrant a pay rise.

I don't know where Moyes will go when the time arises, and I don't know when that said time will occur, but it won't be to Manchester or Chelsea, or any London club come to think of it. Simply can't see this and quote me on that when the time arrives.

Everton boss David Moyes says he's now unlikely to make decision on whether to sign a new contract at the club until the end of the season. @philmcnulty

Tough one for Moyes as unlikely to ever get massive transfer budget at Everton - but where will he find club that gives him such control? @philmcnulty

Everton - however - may feel they are within their rights to at least ask for a private declaration of some intent before then. #bbcfootball @philmcnulty

must say it seems strange to me that DM is calling the shots - after all he is an employee -

it looks like Everton is the hard up party -

Moyes is just keeping his options open waiting for a better offer to come in -

this situation is not going to improve the immage of Everton as a sought after club to coach -

rather the opposite - they are hard up - i hope i am wrong