IGNORED

David Moyes - sign or go ?

Avinalaff

1. 1. How do you feel about Moyes delaying signing a new contract?

• Happy
    • Unhappy
    • Neutral

Does anyone know what exactly Neville and Naismith have over Moyesy? Is he putting them on massive appearance bonus's and agreeing to get half of them?

Seriously though his persistence at those two aforemention one paced, technically inept, headless chickens has me stumped. Ovideo, Barkley, Hitz must be seriously rubbish not to get a game ahead of them.

Moyes for me can go and be found out at another club.

Does anyone know what exactly Neville and Naismith have over Moyesy? Is he putting them on massive appearance bonus's and agreeing to get half of them?

Type "Man Yawning" into Google Images....that'll give you an idea. If you can't be arsed to do that, here's an example.

http://www.happehtheory.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ReasonForYawning-ManYawning.jpg

I totally agree with Haf on this one...

How on earth Neville starts a game these days is beyond me He offers nothing of any worth! A finger point back and sideways passes and the infamous hoof is all you get yet Moyes persists on playing when as said you have others who could do a much better job.

Naismith should be played in his proper position before I will cast full judgement on him. We have struggled for goals and we have a player who shone when playing alongside Jelavic at Rangers yet Moyes plays him out wide where his attributes abviously do not suit?

This is the main reason I'm getting fucked off with Moyes off late we look stale and tired so re-shuffle give some of the younger lads a game we can't play any worse or lose points we are not going to gain as we are playing at the moment...

Erm... anyone else seen this on the BBC live football feed? Hope it's a BIG error

Former Everton manager David Moyes on BBC Radio 5 live: "We have seen so many Gareth Bale goals of a similar type recently we were expecting that Ronaldo free kick to fly over the wall and find the target, but fortunately for Manchester United it hit the wall. Manchester United have not had any flow to their play yet, it is like Manchester United are saying 'we will let you come on to to us and then try and pick you off'."

Nice read, but you can see the strain on Moyes face on one or two of those pictures. He says he wants to win a trophy, but has to realize he's simply incapable of doing so. Today was just another illustration of it. We do well, or go a certain distance, and there comes a certain stage where we simply can't overcome any final or last obstacles, and Moyes as manager must take the share of responsibilities.

It's all very well reminiscing about previous games and big win successes over oppositions in cup tourneys but where's the end product ?

Say again, thanks for everything you've done in moving this club forward after some of the shit from the last 20 years, but I'm afraid it's time to move on now and have a go elsewhere. Today was just a continuation of what has occured previously at pivtoal stages in cup games and so long as Moyes is team manager, I merely see no change in fortunes.

• 1 month later...

I'm not bothered about europa league, champions league or nothing for me. We haven't the squad to compete, unless he used it to blood the youth.

If we don't have the squad to compete Europa, how can we play in Champions League? We'll be straight out after the 1st round.

If we don't have the squad to compete Europa, how can we play in Champions League? We'll be straight out after the 1st round.

Just to qualify for the group stages earns the club a minimum of £8m - then it's almost £1m per win and £500k for a draw. So to go in and do the group stage, get one win and 2 draws = £10m.

If we qualified for Champions league then we attract and retain a whole different calibre of player.

Throw in the fact that in the europa league you are playing Thursdays, get a fraction of the revenue - it's just not worth it.

We were so unlucky that we drew a very good villareal side a few years back, and a corrupt ref.

Very good read. I remember someone here once linked a youtube vid from some conference on data in football that had a representative from Everton but I can't seem to find it anymore, can anyone help find it as I'd like to view it again.

Found it:

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/24376-steve-brown-evertons-performance-analyst/?hl=%2Bconference+%2Bdata

Edited by Steve_E