IGNORED

David Moyes - sign or go ?

Avinalaff

1. 1. How do you feel about Moyes delaying signing a new contract?

• Happy
    • Unhappy
    • Neutral

I think Moyes may end up at Arsenal and I think (not necessarily hope) Martinez will be our first choice to replace him.

I do to. It'll be the City and arsenal jobs on offer. Mourinho could go City and Moyes to the Arse.

I have a feeling Martinez has already been spoken with, just in case DM does go.

You can quote all the names you like but if Moyes leaves here there is only one way we can go, no other manager can take us any further than where we are now.

If he leaves this summer we will be a bottom ten team in two years, we need a buyer to come in and put some money on the table, nobody can improve us without it.

c'mon Moyesy.

*cough* nonsense, bullshit *cough*

Seem to have a cold at the moment!

*cough* nonsense, bullshit *cough*

Seem to have a cold at the moment!

"The thought of having him in charge scared the shit out of me, and i was still really learning the game."

That would have been bullshit, wouldn't it Matt. wink.png

Edited by Bill

OK, lets look at this in terms of where football was when he took over 11 years ago and where it is now.

Moyes came into a club with players picking up a wage and that was it, no fight or desire, Walter Smith was a journeyman manager with his pitbull Archie Knox bullying players into being scared to play. Back then Wenger was considered the intellect, the student of the game, the professor. Most other managers were 4-4-2 merchants.

Moyes came in and adopted a 4-5-1 system that made us tough to beat. Roll on 10 years, he hasn't really evolved from that model whilst new bright managers have come into the game adopting a continental style, martinez, laudrup, rogers, AVB, Holloway even at championship is playing with a certain style that shows evolution of the english game.

Players are different, ball retention is a key attribute. Would Paul Scholes and Giggs still be playing as late 30 somethings 10 years ago? Nope. It was all bigger stronger faster. Is this why we have Leon Osman get better with age???

Point is - we can get better without Moyes if we get a manager who will take us forward. Players lumping 50 yard balls against lower league opposition is a disgrace. Playing a class defensive midfielder as some target man is a shortcut to thinking, are we back in the days of Chris Sutton Dion Dublin centre half or centre forward because of being big and strong?

Moyes may need a new challenge to move forward as we may need a new manager to do so.

The fear of becoming a sheff wed or nottingham forest needs to be put in the back of minds, we have a strong vocal following, there is a millitant prescence among the fans that will not settle for second best - and want us to make a good go of things.

Would Liverpool fans have settled for a David Moyes tenure? No. In his time at Everton they have won 4 trophies and including two european finals - yes they have had money to spend - but thats because they demand and expect it.

There are a few things that need to happen to our club - firstly a sale so we can compete in the transfer market. Yes I know Chelsea and City will buy any world class players for £18m plus, i'm not talking about us being in for world class players - i'm talking about being able to get some quality £8m-£15m players in. Why are we looking to make excuses for a captain who offers nothing when in nearly every team around us their captain is a top quality first name on the sheet player.

In short candidates for me...

Martinez (rate him)

Neil Lennon (has an eye for a player)

Laudrup

Mr Moyes is edging me very close to losing respect for him. To treat a club like ours the way he is at the moment whilst picking up one of the biggest cheques in the country is nothing shot of disgraceful.

It's getting beyond a joke now and cannot be sending out a very good mesage to the players, even if they say it doesn't bother them. Why would you not want to sign a new contract at a top premiership side, who the hell does he think he is.

At the end of the day the man has won naff all not a fecking carrot. Like i've said before if he doesn't want to be here then f*ck off because the way he is acting at the moment is a disgrace.

"The thought of having him in charge scared the shit out of me, and i was still really learning the game."

That would have been bullshit, wouldn't it Matt. wink.png

exageration maybe. Even with a basic concept of the game it wass clear Megson is not up to the standard.

OK, lets look at this in terms of where football was when he took over 11 years ago and where it is now.

Moyes came into a club with players picking up a wage and that was it, no fight or desire, Walter Smith was a journeyman manager with his pitbull Archie Knox bullying players into being scared to play. Back then Wenger was considered the intellect, the student of the game, the professor. Most other managers were 4-4-2 merchants.

Moyes came in and adopted a 4-5-1 system that made us tough to beat. Roll on 10 years, he hasn't really evolved from that model whilst new bright managers have come into the game adopting a continental style, martinez, laudrup, rogers, AVB, Holloway even at championship is playing with a certain style that shows evolution of the english game.

Players are different, ball retention is a key attribute. Would Paul Scholes and Giggs still be playing as late 30 somethings 10 years ago? Nope. It was all bigger stronger faster. Is this why we have Leon Osman get better with age???

Point is - we can get better without Moyes if we get a manager who will take us forward. Players lumping 50 yard balls against lower league opposition is a disgrace. Playing a class defensive midfielder as some target man is a shortcut to thinking, are we back in the days of Chris Sutton Dion Dublin centre half or centre forward because of being big and strong?

Moyes may need a new challenge to move forward as we may need a new manager to do so.

The fear of becoming a sheff wed or nottingham forest needs to be put in the back of minds, we have a strong vocal following, there is a millitant prescence among the fans that will not settle for second best - and want us to make a good go of things.

Would Liverpool fans have settled for a David Moyes tenure? No. In his time at Everton they have won 4 trophies and including two european finals - yes they have had money to spend - but thats because they demand and expect it.

There are a few things that need to happen to our club - firstly a sale so we can compete in the transfer market. Yes I know Chelsea and City will buy any world class players for £18m plus, i'm not talking about us being in for world class players - i'm talking about being able to get some quality £8m-£15m players in. Why are we looking to make excuses for a captain who offers nothing when in nearly every team around us their captain is a top quality first name on the sheet player.

In short candidates for me...

Martinez (rate him)

Neil Lennon (has an eye for a player)

Laudrup

I think that says it all really.

Thanks Moyesey for getting us out of the shit but now we want to get the shit off our boots and start climbing the ladder to get out of the hole! Unfortunately I don't think you have the knowledge to do it, otherwise it would have been blindingly obvious by now. What is obvious is that we have hardly progressed at all in the last 8/9 years, still playing the same old football that has become so predictable that Oldham gave us cause for concern and the Prem teams know how to hold us off because we have no teeth up front and a defence that appears to be asleep for the first and last few minutes of every game we play.

Sorry to keep having to say this, but 'I told you so'. For years I've been saying 'If we don't do something about this now, we'll still be talking about it this time next season........and we still are!

Please Moyesey give us a break and find somewhere else.......soon.

I guarantee if we don't win the cup, he'll be gone in a twinkle anyway!

Under David Moyes Everton Football Club won't win again a trophy etc etc etc

18 Years now, and it won't change with the Scot in charge. Simply folds when the going gets tough in the later rounds or in high pressure cup games.

Thanks for the 11 years of service, you've done great in getting the club champions league soccer and some other finishes of recognition, but what have we actually won. There's no prizes for a 5th or 6th place finish in the EPL. You've had over a decade and taken us as far as you are able, but the time is upon us where you need to consider employment elsewhere.

Ten years David Moyes has been here, and in that time 60 teams have finished in the bottom six of the Premier League, 30 of them got relegated, go and ask any one of them if they would have been happy with a top 6 place most seasons.

Yes David Moyes Has taken us as far as he can, Money restraints would have hampered any other manager in the league, which is why nobody else would have done any better. There needs to be a Takeover and lots of money in the Transfer kitty for us to advance any further.

How soon people forget that we were relegation favourites almost every season before he came. If its not broke dont fix it..

Edited by Bill

Ten years David Moyes has been here, and in that time 60 teams have finished in the bottom six of the Premier League, 30 of them got relegated, go and ask any one of them if they would have been happy with a top 6 place most seasons.

Yes David Moyes Has taken us as far as he can, Money restraints would have hampered any other manager in the league, which is why nobody else would have done any better. There needs to be a Takeover and lots of money in the Transfer kitty for us to advance any further.

How soon people forget that we were relegation favourites almost every season before he came. If its not broke dont fix it..

This

Its the biggest load of bollocks ever to say that Everton have hardly progressed in 8/9 years. Some of our fans are so fickle it is unbeleivable

In the time Moyes has been at Everton look at the money clubs like Spurs, Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland, etc have thrown around and look what they have won

This

Its the biggest load of bollocks ever to say that Everton have hardly progressed in 8/9 years. Some of our fans are so fickle it is unbeleivable

In the time Moyes has been at Everton look at the money clubs like Spurs, Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland, etc have thrown around and look what they have won

It wouldnt be wrong to say that we havent progressed in footballing terms in the last 4 or 5 years though, would you not agree?

I dont think anyone is saying Moyes is a bad manager there hasnt been a next step. He still makes the same mistakes as he did, plays the same style and the same thing happens each season (although its in reverse this year!). Then again its better to consistent year by year than up one year down the next.

Would Moyes with money make us a better team? I dont really think it would, we might scrape a couple of points here or there but overall our squad is the best its been since he came and we still play like we did at the weekend.

Overall Im not really fussed as to whether he stays or whether he goes. However the thought of him leaving scares me slightly more because then our fate will rest with whoever Bill choses to replace him!

It wouldnt be wrong to say that we havent progressed in footballing terms in the last 4 or 5 years though, would you not agree?

I dont think anyone is saying Moyes is a bad manager there hasnt been a next step. He still makes the same mistakes as he did, plays the same style and the same thing happens each season (although its in reverse this year!). Then again its better to consistent year by year than up one year down the next.

Would Moyes with money make us a better team? I dont really think it would, we might scrape a couple of points here or there but overall our squad is the best its been since he came and we still play like we did at the weekend.

Overall Im not really fussed as to whether he stays or whether he goes. However the thought of him leaving scares me slightly more because then our fate will rest with whoever Bill choses to replace him!

I wouldve agreed until this season. At the start we played fantastic flowing, attacking football rather than the patient game (something we need to go back to for the rest of the season!)

I wouldve agreed until this season. At the start we played fantastic flowing, attacking football rather than the patient game (something we need to go back to for the rest of the season!)

But we had played that before... I think it was the season before Lescott got sold was when we were at our best. We played some perfect football both in attack and defence and I genuinely expected us to win every game at that point. The Osman goal against Larissa will always live long in the memory!

Edited by Bailey

I think that would be a viable argument if you were talking about a Charlton Athletic, Bolton Wanderers, Crystal Palace Bill - and that type of situation (not exact) did happen to them.

Sometime we forget who we are. We are Everton, one of the founders of the football league (yeah Notts county) - we've won leagues and cups (Wolves, Notts forest) - above all we have the fans who believe and aspire. The people who will not accept mediocrity and are prepared to go through some uncomfortable change to maybe flush out the rubbish hidden in the cupboards (or should I just remove the Cup before board).

Bill Kenwright and co have had their failings covered more than adequately by David Moyes. He will not get you relegated and he will do it cheap, thats not good enough for a club of our stature. We want our house to look the nicest, not just have the cracks covered. Moyesy has been a top class plasterer and when that is all the home owner can afford then thats the best you are going to get. The house needs to be sold so someone can afford to bring in an interior designer.

I'm prepared to go backwards in order to leap forwards. The step backwards will ultimately be some sort of board room unrest when the new manager can't or will not accept the conditions Moyes has had to work with.

Ten year record of David Moyes in charge at Everton.

You might want to take into consideration that the six teams with better figures, have spent Hundreds of Millions of pounds over those years to achieve that, so would somebody please explain to me how he can take us any further.

Average of seventh in the prem for ten years, I really dont know what some people expect, I'll take that every year.

Tenyearrecord_zps2f0f0c3d.jpg

Edited by Bill