IGNORED

West Brom (H)

Pearso

Hope I've been around here long enough that the author of the thread is recognisable, wouldn't want to upset anyone in regards to who starts the ever-sacred West Brom match thread. 67.gif

In my opinion we need to blow these fellas off the park to get some momentum going again. We've hit a real lull in this post-Christmas period so far, and scraped in by the skin of our teeth against Bolton. To break into the top 4 we need some momentum, especially before we hit the likes of United at OT, City and Tottenham again. Therefore I would absolutely love to see us play them off the park, but in all likeliness that won't happen.

Also think it's about time Moyes drops Jelavic and plays Vic or Vellios upfront.

Heart says a comfortable 2-0 win.

Head says a scrappy draw is coming our way.

They are a good little side. Big, strong defenders. Not bad going forward.

I agree tho, at GP we should win. 1-0?

Drop Jelavic, play Anichebe instead. Perhaps bring on Jelavic around the 60 minute mark.

................Howard...................

Neville...Jags....Distin...Baines

Pienaar..Felli..Osman..Oviedo

.........Naismith..Anichebe........

Im hoping for a straight 442 in this game. I also want to see what Naismith can achieve if we play him upfront.

Im guessing, Gibson, Coleman and Mirallas are injured otherwise they would all be in my starting 11

*edit

Interesting that Mirallas isnt listed as injured here: http://www.evertonfc.com/injuries-and-suspensions

Edited by Peter H

Mirallas might have been taken off as a pre-caution considering it was a cup game. He might have felt his hamstring and didn't want to pull it, Moyes said after the game it wasn't as bad as he first thought so he might well be fit for the West Brom game.

Edited by Zoo

I would like a comfortable win and like

I'd take light from the fact that Odemwingie is pissing them around, could cause some un-settlement in the dressing room. I think home advantage will count and we'll win (although not by much).

1-0 to us.

I hope your right with the Odemwingie transfer. I think that West Brom are on a poor run of form at the moment but I feel another draw is on the cards and 1-1 will be the score.

I hope Fellaini is dropped back to midfield. We need someone who controls the passing, when we played Southampton we were shocking. Osman and Neville couldn't keep the ball to save their lives. In the second half from 60 - 75 min we couldn't keep the ball for more than 6 seconds. Then when Fellaini dropped back and Neville went into RB we showed a bit more promise, again we didn't exactly play great but we showed better signs than we did. I don't know why Moyes insists on putting Fellaini upfront, it worked for one game against united. Doesn't mean it is going to work in every game. Hopefully we can win but to me if we play Felli upfront we won't. WBA defenders aren't exactly small and if we hoof the ball upfield and they header the ball away I would rather have felli pick it up and pass it than him trying to header the ball and losing out.

They are on a poor run, but really, so are we. Unless we pull out thumb out and score early I can see this being very similar to the Swansea match, though at least one team will score. Hopefully Fer will have at least signed by then, which should give us a boost. Agree that Jelly needs to start on the Bench, and with our slightly light midfield, I'd be inclined to start the two big lads up front, allow them to have at it with Felli sitting deep. If that hasn't done the trick by 6-70 minutes, switch back to 4-5-1 with Jelly up top.

Another clean sheet in the league would also be great.

If that hasn't done the trick by 6-70 minutes, switch back to 4-5-1 with Jelly up top.

So the first 5 minutes of the game we're not going to have have any tactics? rofl.gif

But jokes aside I agree with your post mate, I don't think Jelavic should start and I'd be happy with two up top.

Our form lately hasn't been particularly inspiring. We were lucky against both Bolton and Southampton, and were poor up front against Swansea. West Brom will cause us problems and I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, so someone will have to find their scoring boots. Mirallas being fit enough to at least be on the bench would be a boost.

David Moyes has just conducted his pre-West Brom press conference. Keep an eye on evertonfc.com for his thoughts on varying matters, with the full video also available on evertontv later this afternoon. In the meantime, here is his update on the team's current injuries: "We're improving. Kevin Mirallas is not as bad as we thought and Darron Gibson isn't too far off. Seamus Coleman unfortunately could be out for around four weeks."

On the bench IMO.

tough match this one - both teams need to win to stay ahead of Liverpool - both sides going through a slump -

their strikers in slightly better form while our defenders have saved our bacon lately -

from most angles it looks like a draw -

hope we are hungrier than them for a win - drawing is similat to kissing your cousin - i have had more than enough of that this season - thanks

Im nervous about this one.... Still, and again, cant believe im saying this, id have Vic leading the line.

..................T-How..................

........Pip Jags Distin Baines...

.................. Felli ......................

..... Oviedo Ossie Pienaar ......

..............Naismith....................

..........................Vic..................

Id have Pienaar and Oviedo switching wings on a regular basis to throw the full backs a bit, push Naismith in between Ossie and Vic.

As for the result? probably 1-1

Match tonight in case anyone had forgottentongue.png .

"Kevin Mirallas starts tonight's game, while Darron Gibson and Nikica Jelavic are named on the bench. More to follow."

Howard, Baines, Heitinga, Jagielka, Mirallas, Distin, Neville, Osman, Pienaar, Fellaini, Anichebe

Mucha, Gibson, Jelavic, Oviedo, Naismith, Hitzlsperger, Gueye.

no broadcast in Africa AGAIN tonight - showing the 3 other games with the money sides plaing -

that is why Everton will always battle to get supporters here -

i am certainle a very endangered species - African Everton supporter - what was that ?-

delayed transmission at 5 am tomorrow morning -

wont hear much from me till much later - GO Everton make us proud !

I give Mirallas 17mins before he pulls up feeling his hamstring!

I also really dont understand why it is so difficult for Moyes to play an actual midfielder in midfield instead of drafting in a defender!

Heitinga can do a job if he is purely a defensive midfielder but I doubt he will be.

Bold move to drop Jelavic, but form indicates it's the right move. Moyes better be 100% sure Mirallas is fit to do 90 minutes, because I still wouldn't mind leaving him out longer to afford further injury, even though he does wonders for our team. I'd rather see Neville at Rightback and Hitzlsperger in midfield to be honest.