IGNORED

Norwich (Away)

MikeO

cheers Mike.

not sure what Norwichs form has been like recently but we need a win and I think we might just sneek it, 2-1 says I. Id like to see a small rotation too:

..................THow................

Nev...Jags........Distin...Baines

..................Gibson................

Kev............ Felli ..........Oviedo

.............Jela.......Vic...............

Edited by Matt

cheers Mike.

not sure what Norwichs form has been like recently but we need a win and I think we might just sneek it, 2-1 says I. Id like to see a small rotation too:

..................THow................

Nev...Jags........Distin...Baines

..................Gibson................

Kev............ Felli ..........Oviedo

.............Jela.......Vic...............

Not much chance of that team Matt, Distin and Big Vic may not be available.

more like this one

..............................Howard.............................

neville ....... jags ...............heitinga.......baines

miralass ......gibson...fellaini .. osman .. pienaar

................................Jelavic ...........................

3-1 Everton

Wow just read the other thread, it's quite something :lol:

Would like Duffy to be given a start (he can't possibly be worse than Heitinga at the moment... can he?), and would also like to see Jelavic start alongside Vic. We all know it's not going to happen, but Ossie definitely needs a rest.

Norwich haven't won in a while now I think so we really should get the 3 points here. Win this one and with 3 home games in March we could be back in the mix for 4th, despite one of them being Man City.

?

Just going with what I said originally, which was a draw (I think), although to be honest I can't even quite remember.

They're a decent side, Hughton has done well, they have some good players, beat MUFC there of all things, and I don't expect this to be easy. Been some good games with these over past years, and hopefully that should continue here.

City 2 Toffees 2

Its got 1-1 written all over it. We need to make a serious statement of intent from now on in the league. Drawers are not going to get us where we want to be. Throw Stones (no joke intended) at right back and if Vic aint fit play Velios up top and Felli in behind because Jelly looks atrocious at the minute.

i would play Stones for Neville -

Gibson and Oviedo def mids -M

Mirallas and Fellaini att forwards and

Jelavic and Velios up front

give Osman and Pienaar a break and ask Baines to do his defensive duties first (Oldhams first goal came from our left AGAIN - Baines was on attack which leaves our left flank wide open -

we have to start playing attacking football but with our forwards - having a left back as your main strike force exposes us defensively

I actually can't get excited about this game at all, after the 2-2 draw with Oldham I'm completely deflated and can only think that the squad feel the same. We need a big win to raise the spirits around the place and it needs to come sooner rather than later.

I actually can't get excited about this game at all, after the 2-2 draw with Oldham I'm completely deflated and can only think that the squad feel the same. We need a big win to raise the spirits around the place and it needs to come sooner rather than later.

Seems this was posted this evening, or merely a few hours ago, but I've moved on from that disappointment now. I was initially angry and upset and frustrated when the game ended, it was all those things, but you just realize there's little you can do to change anything except move on to the next game. I hope that's the squads mentality also, as we should win the replay and then the Wigan fixture and back into the semi-finals. Norwich is hardly an exciting team but we have the capabilities to get a result there, but that's it for this night.

Last one to leave, remember to switch out the lights

people need to stop mentioning Stone, for their own sanity! Moyes has already labelled him as "one for the future" (which probably means he'll sit in the reserves before being released - hope to be proven wrong). He will not be playing this season, though again, hope im wrong.

people need to stop mentioning Stone, for their own sanity! Moyes has already labelled him as "one for the future" (which probably means he'll sit in the reserves before being released - hope to be proven wrong). He will not be playing this season, though again, hope im wrong.

Stones will be another Duffy. He will make a few appearances here and there but will not make a first-team appearance until many years later, if actually getting to that stage at all as we may just buy another player in who's already established.

I'm not going to bash Stones (or Moyes) but I agree that he won't play this season.

what have we learnt about our young players this season ? very little -

neither we nor Moyes really know how good or bad they really are as PL players because they have not been given a proper chance to prove themselves -

why do we buy youngsters if they are not ready to be used? - it is like buying green peaches when you are hungry

i say give them a chance - maybe they surprize you - because some of the old timers have run out of tricks and hold no surprizes exept reaching new lows

Yeh Im with Dunc, its asking a bit much to be asking this Stones lad to start when I imagine that most of the people who are calling for him to be given a go havent seen him play before (or even heard of him until we bought him!).

In the Kennedy article I posted (I think it was that one) there's a snippet about him being thought readyish to start playing for us.

I don't know anything about him but it would be nice to have him in there instead of Neville while Coleman's out if he's as good as people think. By people, I don't mean those on here, but people like his former manager.

its good that you say not the people on here ,theres so much negativity in these threads about some of our younger players,stones is 19 hes young but hes not a kid by any means he has played for england at different levels,so can he be any worse than heitinga has been i dont think so,and we must rest neville so hes fresh for the cup game.

Heitinga has played in the World Cup Final whilst Stones is only 19. The youth players are looked at behind the scenes, just because we haven't seen them in the flesh at Goodison Park doesn't mean they are being ignored. When the time is right they will be played and not before.

i havnt said at any point our young players are being ignored all as im saying is neville needs a rest so hes fresh for the cup game and stones is the obvious choice,heitinga is not the answer, it means moving jags to right back,and hes no right back.

Neville doesn't need a rest. He needs to become a bench player.

If you look at my post on another thread i explain why he is not needed...

left wing .... Pienaar, Oviedo, Kennedy.

Right wing ... Mirallas, Coleman, then probably Naismith.

Striker .... Jelavic, Anichebe, Vellios.

We dont need any other players just to give them free wages.

Edited by Bill

We dont need another player to get free wages.

Hopefully Coleman will be playing full back more often and Moyes is reluctant to use Oviedo, Kennedy, and Vellios.

Don can play behind the striker as well. Possibly be a good impact sub to use on the wing with Mirallas and Pienaar running out of puff with a good 10 mins to go, a better option than bringing a defender on or Naismith. That said I'd rather the youth be given the chance.

Hopefully Coleman will be playing full back more often and Moyes is reluctant to use Oviedo, Kennedy, and Vellios.

Don can play behind the striker as well. Possibly be a good impact sub to use on the wing with Mirallas and Pienaar running out of puff with a good 10 mins to go, a better option than bringing a defender on or Naismith. That said I'd rather the youth be given the chance.

No reason why we shouldn't, If senior players are not performing then switching them for a youngster for a game or two can sometimes be a good way of shaking them back into life again, and we have a few under-performers at the moment. I find it sad that Moyes doesn't make use of the youth team a bit more, it's not like we are blessed with an amazing first team squad We are small in numbers and if a player can do a job then we need to use him, who cares if he is under 20 years of age, how on earth are those guys ever expected to gain experience in the first place.

We dont need any other players just to give them free wages.

Coleman's future is at fullback. And oh, Vellios, Oviedo, Kennedy.. real Champions League caliber bunch there.

i wonder who bought the useless Velios ,Oviedo and Kennedy and why they are still on our pay role then ? we have a squad screaming for reinforcements - not players that are not ready yet

Stones looks like another purchase unsuitable for present requirements -

that is one way of securing people like Neville always gets picked - just buy useless benchers

i agree with this but unfortunatley nevs the only fit full back,so he must play in the cup game,anyway what t5he fook nis wrong with seamus he seems to have been out injured for ages.

He's due back next game. If he's not ready I hope to see Stones or Browning there, surely can't be any worse than Neville.

Coleman's future is at fullback. And oh, Vellios, Oviedo, Kennedy.. real Champions League caliber bunch there.

Didnt say they where Champions League players but they would come in if Baines and Pienaar could'nt make it. I think some peeps on here are living in the past. They think he will be as he was 3 years ago, I thought we had stopped Buying in these players at the end of their careers, he's 31 years old ffs.

Didnt say they where Champions League players but they would come in if Baines and Pienaar could'nt make it. I think some peeps on here are living in the past. They think he will be as he was 3 years ago, I thought we had stopped Buying in these players at the end of their careers, he's 31 years old ffs.

Correction: Buying implies a fee-involved. Donovan would be on a free.