IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

10 hours ago, StevO said:

Come to protests? We’ve been there before though mate. Some have worked, some haven’t.  I have no doubt there will be more in the future too. 

Despite there being protests before, this feels like a real low. The last one I can remember is when the idiots from the Blue Union were knocking about crying about us qualifying for Europe every year, this time it's a justified cause which is deeply saddening, if totally needed.

27 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Despite there being protests before, this feels like a real low. The last one I can remember is when the idiots from the Blue Union were knocking about crying about us qualifying for Europe every year, this time it's a justified cause which is deeply saddening, if totally needed.

I don’t think they had an issue with us qualifying for Europe. I think they had plenty of issue with Bill Kenwright though. 

6 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Bit tongue in cheek from me there mate, I thought they were absolute clampets. 

They might have been clampets, can’t disagree with that, but I agreed with pretty much everything they wanted. Plenty of those same issues back then are what worries a lot of supporters even now. 

Brands will end up being the scapegoat for the rest of them.

I like Denise, love how she talks and how she represents the club in public, but I’ve no idea if she’s good or bad at the job.

Bill is still a problem for me, and has been for a long time. When things are going well we hear from him, when there is tragedy we hear from him, but when things go bad at the club he’s nowhere to be seen and the press start talking about what a good blue he is. There is so much water under the bridge with him that I would never trust him. He lied through his teeth to us over and over to keep hold of the club, and he’s presided over the longest trophy drought in the clubs history. But he tells a great story. 

Im very grateful to Moshiri for getting the stadium going, insisting we go for the more difficult site to get a more iconic home. And it may all just be one big property investment for him and nothing else, but I’ll always thank him for it. My trouble with him is when he gets involved in football matters. In the few interviews he’s done he’s talked about us buying players because he had followed their earlier careers and things like this. I don’t want him involved in that. I want him bringing in experts. And it seems he did that with Brands, he tried it with Walsh and got burned and I’m guessing he’s kept hold of too much himself because of that. I’m not sure he has ever let Brands have any sort of autonomy and we’ll never know. I’d also like him to start using the clubs official channels as form of communication, not Jim White. 

Id really like to see more of a clear out and not just Brands carrying the can for everyone. Don’t want a director of football? Fine. When we probably need a CEO with football experience and if we need to have a chairman I’d rather it be the actual owner, rather than the old one.