IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Just had my membership pack through, still no sign of a season ticket coming my way, don’t people pass away in Liverpool😂

Same here. Just an email saying unfortunately I have missed out this time 🙁can get tickets through the club anytime, but I would love to have MY seat.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Same here. Just an email saying unfortunately I have missed out this time 🙁can get tickets through the club anytime, but I would love to have MY seat.

Bramley Moore for us I think mate. My large fridge magnet is going to Spain with me in the outside kitchen, my nearest neighbour is a Jock who is a red shite supporter, hopefully that will stop him helping him self to my beers. 

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

What wonderful things will Everton have in store for us today? Liquidation?

I had optimism we'd have an ok season this season but even that tiny bit of optimism has been wiped out before the end of August :lol:.

100% this 👆🏼

Administration and point deduction are at the forefront of my mind now…

Looking at our signings, only Chermiti is committed (as it stands) for over a year add to that most of our squad only have 1 year left on contracts too.

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It would be nice if the club communicated with us themselves so that people didn't worry, rather than rely on Myers and The Athletic.

I don't think any club, or any business would do this. 

And if they did, most would still wouldn't believe them. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nobody is asking for a play by play, but the lack of anything about anything at all from the club is ridiculous.

The communication from the club is so bad I'm surprised we even know there's a stadium being built.

I mean, take Iwobi's injury at the weekend for example. Have we heard a peep about that yet? Not as far as I'm aware.

Normally businesses the size of Everton have a team of corporate lawyers advising on everything. Northridge acted on Moshiri's behalf in 2016 and 2018, 'providing a range of industry specific advice from law to tax to data analytics'. Are they still on board? What on earth are they doing? Is BK using his own people? He can't be controlling all the levers, surely? Moshiri has kept him on for some reason despite it being clearly antithetical to the interests of the club and his own investment.

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Is that what counts as journalism these days? Basically copy-and-pasting what someone's written in another newspaper and presenting that as news.

The original and full article can be found here* without the annoying ads and clickbait. 

Anyway... Can't argue much with what he's saying. We're an atrociously run club. I fear that if we end up in a relegation fight again things could get very ugly indeed.

* try deleting cookies if you can't see the full article. 😉

42 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

Is that what counts as journalism these days? Basically copy-and-pasting what someone's written in another newspaper and presenting that as news.

The original and full article can be found here* without the annoying ads and clickbait. 

Anyway... Can't argue much with what he's saying. We're an atrociously run club. I fear that if we end up in a relegation fight again things could get very ugly indeed.

* try deleting cookies if you can't see the full article. 😉

In the 40 odd years that I’ve been reading newspapers for they have all quoted stories from other sources 

Dont think there is anything shocking or anything approaching plagiarism going on when a local journalists reports what a national tv pundit is saying about a local team 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sorry @duncanmckenzieismagic, it's not a jab at you. I just really dislike the Echo website. I understand they have to make ends meet with all the ads and clickbait, and just the general churning out of content - but I just think it's an awful site. 

As for the article, an article of 573 words, 404 of those words (70%) were directly taken from another newspaper. Smells like plagiarism to me.

...btw, yes I did calculate that just to try to prove a point! 🤣

37 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

Sorry @duncanmckenzieismagic, it's not a jab at you. I just really dislike the Echo website. I understand they have to make ends meet with all the ads and clickbait, and just the general churning out of content - but I just think it's an awful site. 

As for the article, an article of 573 words, 404 of those words (70%) were directly taken from another newspaper. Smells like plagiarism to me.

...btw, yes I did calculate that just to try to prove a point! 🤣

It's not plagiarism, it's an "unnamed source"

:rolleyes: