IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Complete and utter bullshit. An improvement on completely shite to just very shite is not an explanation. Lazy, unimaginative, and disgraceful attitude shown by or chief executive.

Hire people who will use our brand promote it and give us a return on investment. Fuckin clowns. Anyone who can read through this shite needs to give their heads a wobble.

Other clubs must look at us and laugh.

Words fuckin fail me they really do. This prick is on £300k a year!!! Hes a joke a complete and utter joke.

We are in and around Crystal palace and hull in terms of commercial revenue. QPR get £8m a year off Nike. What the fuck is that man on about.

The Chang deal and the kit bag deal should havegot him his p45.

http://www.sos1878.co.uk/everton-fans/kitbag-deal-continues-to-sell-everton-short/#comments

A great article.

Rumour is the echo are to do an expose on the kit bag deal. £600k a year! Angry as fuck here.

I go to workevery day trying to develop, make a difference, act with integrity and this prick gets paid £300k a year for being nothing more than a bullying liar who is out of his depth. He needs investigating for brown envelopes.

Livid. I've been made aware what this prick is all about. Buffoon, hasnt a fuckin clue, arrogant man. The amount of shite he spews is an insult.

He's the biggest problem at Everton in my opinion. He has far too much control of club matters and manages every fucking time to balls it up. Absolute tosser.

He's the biggest problem at Everton in my opinion. He has far too much control of club matters and manages every fucking time to balls it up. Absolute tosser.

I think its clear that there is some unhealthy codependant relationships designed to cover the backs of those who are not right for the club.

Elstone protects Bill, and therefore is able to get away with being a shite bullying chief exec who creams 300k off the club.

He has had to see comical ali leave (Ian Ross) due to leaked emails. Then a great PR man in Myers left in a cloud of mystery. Other guys who have worked in the club have left.

All we have tojudge is our commercial performance and it's frankly shocking. A joke. There is something very rotten going on at our club.

Edited by Hafnia

I think its clear that there is some unhealthy codependant relationships designed to cover the backs of those who are not right for the club.

Elstone protects Bill, and therefore is able to get away with being a shite bullying chief exec who creams 300k off the club.

He has had to see comical ali leave (Ian Ross) due to leaked emails. Then a great PR man in Paul tyrell left in a cloud of mystery. Other guys who have worked in the club have left.

All we have tojudge is our commercial performance and it's frankly shocking. A joke. There is something very rotten going on at our club.

Myers?

Here's to put it into context like....

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/uk/Documents/sports-business-group/deloitte-football-money-league-2015.PDF

(Everton's) Commercial revenue of £12.7m (€15.2m) is the lowest in the Money League, and is less than half that of the next lowest club, Newcastle United. The Blues outsource some major commercial operations, thus reducing the reported revenue, but their main sponsorship agreements with Umbro and Chang are on a completely different scale to those enjoyed by some of their Premier League rivals, who are regular participants in the UEFA Champions League. On-pitch success, further international development, and a new stadium, are three crucial ingredients that may help Everton bridge some of this gap in the future.

Complete and utter bullshit. An improvement on completely shite to just very shite is not an explanation. Lazy, unimaginative, and disgraceful attitude shown by or chief executive.

Hire people who will use our brand promote it and give us a return on investment. Fuckin clowns. Anyone who can read through this shite needs to give their heads a wobble.

Other clubs must look at us and laugh.

Completely agree with you here. Our CEO seems to think we're all inept and have no idea of how business works.

Sorry romey must have missed it. I type and read too fast on this subject.

I feel like Bob and co think we all live on benefits, have low iq's, and are just happy to hear nonsense.

Patronising idiot.

They get away with it time after time so it's no wonder they think that way really.

Don't understand the retail argument, it's a shut market on evertonians with little room for expansion unless we jump on random peaks in interest eg. Bieber and Howard last season in the article or when we sign new players exploit their image. We don't because we have a bunch of useless bellends running the show. Next will have a bad quarter if they miss a trend. We sell 3 kits a season, no matter how ugly or cheap they will sell a similar amount, no one is going to other competitors because the Everton kit hasn't lived up to expectations or is barely different than the year before. Bob is making a killing for out sourcing everything rather than getting stuck in and making Everton known worldwide.

Don't understand the retail argument, it's a shut market on evertonians with little room for expansion unless we jump on random peaks in interest eg. Bieber and Howard last season in the article or when we sign new players exploit their image. We don't because we have a bunch of useless bellends running the show. Next will have a bad quarter if they miss a trend. We sell 3 kits a season, no matter how ugly or cheap they will sell a similar amount, no one is going to other competitors because the Everton kit hasn't lived up to expectations or is barely different than the year before. Bob is making a killing for out sourcing everything rather than getting stuck in and making Everton known worldwide.

Pretty much how I see it.

I don't get involved in this argument much as I'm not even remotely clued up enough to debate it but I would imagine the demand for Everton shirts is pretty much exclusive to where the club are selling them.

Not much point paying to try and sell them in other places as they simply wont sell.

We're not Man U, the Shite etc etc. anyone breaking that mould can order online.

Edited by Paddock

Just had an idea, have a bus tour selling the new kits. Would get a load of sky coverage and make the blues who are further afield feel appreciated.

Go to locations with 50 plus Evertonians who have preorded kits (£2500 a day for two weeks would cover costs and make an okay profit relative to retail :-P ) and have a club representative involved to top it off. Begs the question do we have a marketing team?

Pretty much how I see it.

I don't get involved in this argument much as I'm not even remotely clued up enough to debate it but I would imagine the demand for Everton shirts is pretty much exclusive to where the club are selling them.

Not much point paying to try and sell them in other places as they simply wont sell.

We're not Man U, the Shite etc etc. anyone breaking that mould can order online.

In that case, what's the point in going to play pre-season friendlies in places like Singapore? Most clubs do it for marketing purposes, if we just go with your train of thought the team should stay in the Liverpool area, maybe a few short away trips. Would be less demanding on the players and save some money.

Here is a simple solution:-

Get a kit deal deal with Nike, Adidas, Umbro or whoever for a good deal. In that deal explain that we need to leverage their marketing and distribution contacts in order to maximise sales and therefore their revenue as well as ours.

Keep the club shop as a means doing launches etc. But ffs have the fans able buy a shirt from JD sports in airports etc.

how does the club expect players to sign for us or fans to know who we are when you don't see our shirts for sale anywhere. It smacks of second rate football club. We pioneered floodlights, underground heating, matchday programmes. Look at us now. Fuckin joke.

In that case, what's the point in going to play pre-season friendlies in places like Singapore? Most clubs do it for marketing purposes, if we just go with your train of thought the team should stay in the Liverpool area, maybe a few short away trips. Would be less demanding on the players and save some money.

To raise awarness of the club AND get the players fit. Opening shops that run at a loss or trying to sell them in places they wont and makes a loss is just stupid even by my very limited business knowledge.

As I say I don't profess to know anything about it so can't argue in it but there is no point taking a bucket of snow to sell to an Eskimo is there.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-evertons-first-seven-games-9581779

5 of our first 7!? games have been switched to live TV. Which means the following things can happen;

1) We get paid more for being on TV.

2) We do really well initially and beat some of the bigger teams, our profile increases, we get some top players late in the window.

3) We get our arses handed to us, look like ballin' tits and don't get any further TV invites later in the year, eventually costing us tanning money commercial revenue.

4) We see lots of beautiful football and people start taking notice again and our players get linked even more, with other clubs.

5) Deulofeu plays the best 5 games of his career and we lose him to Barca in January.

6) I get to save my pennies for the inevitable, life changing event that is fatherhood.

7) Due to number 7, I get fat eating Ben & Jerry's, whilst watching the game.

8) Bored now.

Edited by tenaciousj