IGNORED

Di Canio

Di Canio is a legend in my opinion. Someone who I really looked up to growing up, I'd love him to be manager of Everton in the future as I think he would do really well. His passion and enthusiasm as I said in an earlier thread is unquestionable and that's the main thing you need in any walk of life.

Di Canio is a legend in my opinion. Someone who I really looked up to growing up, I'd love him to be manager of Everton in the future as I think he would do really well. His passion and enthusiasm as I said in an earlier thread is unquestionable and that's the main thing you need in any walk of life.

legend isnt a word id use to describe, nor would i want him near our club.

He is the definition of the phrase 'a real character' for me. No doubt of his passion, and he was a crackin player. It was him who caught the ball in our area from a West Ham corner wasnt it

To be fair to Di Canio, I am a better keeper than Wes Foderingham and I am surprised he is still a professional keeper. I don't watch him that often but he has made several fundamental mistakes in the games I have seen him.

Bold move from Sunderland. Managing a League One side is miles apart from the ego's of the Premiership. They will either go racing up the table or sink lower than they ever have been. Big gamble.

Edited by Bailey

This wasn't an appointment that will benefit Sunderland. O Neill didn't work out, but to bring in Di Canio is questionable. Maybe he will have some desired effect and surprise everyone but it does appear this is a step back and they will only fall that little bit further. Why this warranted a new thread and couldn't merely be discussed in the general sport index I don't know. Should add, if it had been at Upton Park and Allardyce was to go, it would have been so much better and he really could have been a minor success or perhaps guarantee them premier league soccer next season but now we'll never know and he's in place elsewhere. Still maintain it was a wrong decision

I think the furore over whether he's fascist or not that has been created by the press is a red herring. No-one cared about that when he was at Swindon. There, he was 'wacky far-out Di Canio', chuckle chuckle chuckle. So presumably it's okay to be fascist in the lower leagues, if you are amusing and make good press? What is abundantly clear, and always has been in his career, despite his success at Swindon, is that he is of dubious character; prone to errors of judgement, big-mouthed and always in trouble. That is far more relevant than his supposed political beliefs if you are a Sunderland supporter. Does he really have the competence to escape relegation this season and the next? On the positive side he is passionate, charismatic and confident but I'd be shitting myself if I was a macam. There are some interesting views already from his ex-collegues - he seems to be authoritarian and aggressive with his players. That may work at Swindon where I'm guessing many players might be 'in awe' of him, but at a Premier League club? I hope it will turn out well for Sunderland, but I think this is could be a disasterous appointment. Entertaining, but disasterous.

Did you see him today? only one win but i fucking love the passion he has when his team scores and jumping on the players AVE IT!

Is all that genuine? Maybe, but I'd have to wonder why somebody had so much passion for a club he has only just joined. All looked a bit over the top to me.

Why wouldn't he be passionate about his team?

Do you meet a girl on a first date and declare undying love?

Relationships need to be built. Would you think it strange if Leighton Baines joined Chelsea, and kissed his badge in the first game with such emotion that you might think he had travelled with them through thick and thin enroute to victory?

He's joined a club on the verge of relegation, he obviously feels the pressure around the place and was ecstatic about winning 3-0 against their rivals. I don't see what Bill's getting at either as I'm not sure what he's supposed to have done wrong. He celebrated his team scoring, what's wrong with that? :unsure:

He's joined a club on the verge of relegation, he obviously feels the pressure around the place and was ecstatic about winning 3-0 against their rivals. I don't see what Bill's getting at either as I'm not sure what he's supposed to have done wrong. He celebrated his team scoring, what's wrong with that? unsure.png

Running up and down the touchline like a maniac in front of opposing supporters, and also the opposing dugout wont gain him many friends in the game, players get slagged off by the media for doing it, ala Adebayour running the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the away fans.

Thats why players are ushered away from the fans.

It wont take long before somebody sorts him out. The FA, opposing Managers, or the Media, they love him at the moment because its different and something they can write about, but when it wears a bit thin they'll soon turn on him like they do an England manager.

Edited by Bill

Running up and down the touchline like a maniac in front of opposing supporters, and also the opposing dugout wont gain him many friends in the game, players get slagged off by the media for doing it, ala Adebayour running the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the away fans.

Thats why players are ushered away from the fans.

It wont take long before somebody sorts him out. The FA, opposing Managers, or the Media, they love him at the moment because its different and something they can write about, but when it wears a bit thin they'll soon turn on him like they do an England manager.

A bit different from when Adebayour did it, he was doing it with the intention of winding up the Arsenal fans who had abused him during the game.

Di Canio was celebrating, very enthusiastically i admit, a goal in a derby. I'm pretty sure he isnt looking to make friends.

Besides, he did nothing Mourinho didnt do when he was at Chelsea, or Porto for that matter.

Gotta agree. He has been slated in the paper rightly or wrongly and knows he is under pressure already. It might get a bit tiresome after a while but i cant see him sliding past Ferguson or Moyes can you? then again maybe ha ha but i reckon he knows the difference between premier league players and league one players and what works id like to think so anyway

I don't think the passion was for the club as such, more just because he wants to win.

that and passion for the game in general. He was the same at Swindon.

Do you meet a girl on a first date and declare undying love?

Relationships need to be built. Would you think it strange if Leighton Baines joined Chelsea, and kissed his badge in the first game with such emotion that you might think he had travelled with them through thick and thin enroute to victory?

worked out well for me :)

Pretty sure Rooney kissed his batch first game against us when he scored, he stuck around.