IGNORED

2013 Summer Transfers

I think he is a top class player and I would have him here in a flash.

Anyone who wouldn't have him here has to be completely deluded, he is one of the very best midfielders about. United won't get him either though. Barcelona and Real don't have to sell their stars.

Anyone who wouldn't have him here has to be completely deluded, he is one of the very best midfielders about. United won't get him either though. Barcelona and Real don't have to sell their stars.

Yeh I certainly don't see Ancelotti wanting to let him go!

It's happened before with the NFL game, they photoshopped a new kit over the player.

But the idea is that the British version of the game, has a cover which includes a player from the respective league. Just photoshopping a Real Madrid kit on, would mean the British version of Fifa 14, is represented by two Spanish clubs.

I highly doubt they would.

ok, maybe not shite but hes certainly not as good as he is made out to be.

Modric is only good as passing to the side of him. For me there is no killer instinct to his game, he's a good player yes but all the talk of him being world-class IMO is bollocks. I'd rather have Fellaini & Mirallas then a Modric.

ok, maybe not shite but hes certainly not as good as he is made out to be.

Modric is only good as passing to the side of him. For me there is no killer instinct to his game, he's a good player yes but all the talk of him being world-class IMO is bollocks. I'd rather have Fellaini & Mirallas then a Modric.

If Modric isn't world-class then who is?

xavi, iniesta, alonso, schweinsteiger, pirlo, toure, fabregas, mata

i'd say all them are comfortably better as cm's than modric..that's off a quick think

All of them are world-class, but Modric is better than Xavi (he'd only work in Barça's team), Alonso (who'll likely drop out of Real's first XI this season), Pirlo (who needs lots of defensive support) and Touré for me and Mata isn't a central midfielder.

Gonzalo Higuain off to Napoli btw. And Celtic have accepted a bid from QPR for Gary Hooper.

better than xavi? i'm out :lol:

If he'd play for Tottenham he wouldn't stand out like he does in Barcelona on the ball and he'd be overrun without it. I've been reading about Barcelona's new manager and his tactics and a couple of blogs on South American football describe his style as a lot more direct than Barça's, more like Bayern Munich, which I can't see Xavi doing well in. One such blog even says Xavi simply won't fit that system. So the people in charge in Barcelona might think it's time to move on as well.

Edited by Steve_E

Yep only good at passing sideways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1-DCSb9Zd0

And who's world class in his position? I'd give Fellaini and about £20m to get Modric btw :D

I would actually swap Mirallas & Fellaini for Modric. He is the type of player that we really need, but we just need to find a cheaper and therefore younger version!

Yep only good at passing sideways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1-DCSb9Zd0

I would actually swap Mirallas & Fellaini for Modric. He is the type of player that we really need, but we just need to find a cheaper and therefore younger version!

Seen Modric play against Wales a couple of months ago, pure genius, everything goes through him, no wonder Madrid paid big money for him. But did he not sit on the bench at Madrid for a while?

Seen Modric play against Wales a couple of months ago, pure genius, everything goes through him, no wonder Madrid paid big money for him. But did he not sit on the bench at Madrid for a while?

Yeah, he was an unused sub twice and made 8 more appearances from the bench in the league. Mourinho benched him in the Champions League a couple of times as well. But anyone who saw Real's win against Manchester United (where Modric changed the game and was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch in the 30 minutes of playing time he got) should know that he's immense, a world-class player if you will :D He was their best performer and a regular in the starting XI in the latter months of the season.

If he'd play for Tottenham he wouldn't stand out like he does in Barcelona on the ball and he'd be overrun without it. I've been reading about Barcelona's new manager and his tactics and a couple of blogs on South American football describe his style as a lot more direct than Barça's, more like Bayern Munich, which I can't see Xavi doing well in. One such blog even says Xavi simply won't fit that system. So the people in charge in Barcelona might think it's time to move on as well.

so you base your opinion of xavi on a couple of internet blogs rather than thinkin he's maintained a starting spot in one of the best teams ever for 10+ years....seems a modern craze to base opinions on those of other people

so you base your opinion of xavi on a couple of internet blogs rather than thinkin he's maintained a starting spot in one of the best teams ever for 10+ years....seems a modern craze to base opinions on those of other people

I'm basing my opinion of Xavi on what I've seen myself. I'm basing what might happen to Xavi and Barcelona in the future on people with more expertise than me ;)

you're still basing it on someone else's opinion...that seems odd to me...referencing a blog or whatever to back up your own opinion? unless you wrote the blog it just seems recycled

I'm not basing anything I think of Xavi himself on someone else's opinion. I have also said Xavi is world-class by the way, just that Modric is better. The only thing I'm basing on someone else's opinion is about Martino's tactics. I have never seen Newell's Old Boys play so I'm just gonna trust someone who regularly writes detailed blogs about tactics in Southern American football over myself regarding Martino's views. And if Martino does indeed play a more direct game, than I do think that Fabregas will be much better suited to that than an aging Xavi.

apologies on the tactics i didn't get the martino reference cos i actually have no idea who he is before he took over there?!

guess it's gonna be an opinion thing but i just don't see modric as a better player..similar job and it just seems to me xavi does it better...modric whenever i saw real didn't play much and when i saw him at spurs he didn't nothing all that special...certainly nothing osman couldn't do

apologies on the tactics i didn't get the martino reference cos i actually have no idea who he is before he took over there?!

guess it's gonna be an opinion thing but i just don't see modric as a better player..similar job and it just seems to me xavi does it better...modric whenever i saw real didn't play much and when i saw him at spurs he didn't nothing all that special...certainly nothing osman couldn't do

Come on, man :D He was Spurs' best player by a country mile when he led them to a 4th place finish, when has Osman done that? He eventually went to Real for £33m while Chelsea had already offered similar amounts the summer before. He really has to be the most overrated player in world football if he's no better than Osman.

maybe that was a bit too far :lol:

but i just don't see what he offers that many other cm's would...he's good don't get me wrong but when i saw him play for spurs(by the way he led spurs as you say it with a lot of good players around him) he drifts past the odd player(like osman) can shoot well every now and then(like osman) can pass sideways(like osman) has little pace(like osman)...to be honest the only thing i saw him do regularly that osman doesn't is play through balls...if that equates to that amount of money then fair enough

According to the Independent:

Suarez and his agent, Pere Guardiola, brother of the Bayern Munich manager Pep, have worked on the understanding that a clause in the player’s contract states that Liverpool’s failure this season to secure Champions League football means any bid in excess of £40m from a club in the competition would require Liverpool to sell the player. They are mystified as to why Liverpool have rejected the Arsenal bid out of hand.

(an excerpt from: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/luis-suarez-to-demand-arsenal-transfer-talks-as-liverpool-stand-firm-8730931.html)