IGNORED

2013 Summer Transfers

Come on, man :D He was Spurs' best player by a country mile when he led them to a 4th place finish, when has Osman done that? He eventually went to Real for £33m while Chelsea had already offered similar amounts the summer before. He really has to be the most overrated player in world football if he's no better than Osman.

2004/2005.

Ok, he didnt lead, but he was part of the team that got there just like Modric was part of the team. For the record, I at least acknowledge Modric is better than Ossie....

.... just :P

According to the Independent:

Suarez and his agent, Pere Guardiola, brother of the Bayern Munich manager Pep, have worked on the understanding that a clause in the player’s contract states that Liverpool’s failure this season to secure Champions League football means any bid in excess of £40m from a club in the competition would require Liverpool to sell the player. They are mystified as to why Liverpool have rejected the Arsenal bid out of hand.

(an excerpt from: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/luis-suarez-to-demand-arsenal-transfer-talks-as-liverpool-stand-firm-8730931.html)

SSN reported that the clause is that if any club bids over £40million for him that the club have to inform the player of the bid. Nothing more than that.

Yeah, he was an unused sub twice and made 8 more appearances from the bench in the league. Mourinho benched him in the Champions League a couple of times as well. But anyone who saw Real's win against Manchester United (where Modric changed the game and was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch in the 30 minutes of playing time he got) should know that he's immense, a world-class player if you will :D He was their best performer and a regular in the starting XI in the latter months of the season.

Yeh he was brilliant that game and the goal he scored was stunning. I didn't think he looked like a Mourinho type signing in all honesty so I think he will play a lot more games under Ancelotti.

maybe that was a bit too far :lol:

but i just don't see what he offers that many other cm's would...he's good don't get me wrong but when i saw him play for spurs(by the way he led spurs as you say it with a lot of good players around him) he drifts past the odd player(like osman) can shoot well every now and then(like osman) can pass sideways(like osman) has little pace(like osman)...to be honest the only thing i saw him do regularly that osman doesn't is play through balls...if that equates to that amount of money then fair enough

He has excellent technique & vision and he can beat a man, has a accurate & powerful shot and is probably a lot quicker than you think (defintely quicker than Osman!). He makes a lot of intelligent runs too. I didnt used to like him when he was at Spurs (my ex was a Spurs fan at the time which I'm sure didnt help!) but in the glimpses I have seen of him for Madrid he has been excellent.

Hooper signs for Norwich.

Be interesting to see how he goes in the big league. Better destination for him than QPR. I actually would like to see a scottish transfer northern form down in England. Norwich making a good go of it, I like Houghton and wish them well, I think they are a likable club. Had a piece of Carrow Road in my garden from when we won the league there in 87.

Too many of those fucking snidey little boy-bands around. I'd line them all up against a wall and have them shot. All as bad as each other - you just can't tell any goddamn difference.

Actually come to think of it (or trying to forget it), there was once a famous case of a well recognized musician starting out or playing professionally for a team, but can't remember name or club. Long before the days of all this boy-band shit, but damned if I can recall quite who was involved.

Edit - see last response

Edited by Dalziel Kane

Guest Nikica

If he passes his medical, Roberto Soldado will join Spurs for £26m.

He's a great striker and will run riot in the PL. Bale won't stay but if he did he and Bobby would strike up a lethal combination. Soldado is going straight into my fantasy team looking at the fixtures Spurs have early on.

Too many of those fucking snidey little boy-bands around. I'd line them all up against a wall and have them shot. All as bad as each other - you just can't tell any goddamn difference.

Actually come to think of it (or trying to forget it), there was once a famous case of a well recognized musician starting out or playing professionally for a team, but can't remember name or club. Long before the days of all this boy-band shit, but damned if I can recall quite who was involved.

Edit - see last response

Hahaha, I was on my soapbox about this the other day. I hate those talentless cunts anyway, but when I saw this I was raging. What is happening to football? And people congratulating him for doing it for charity...first of all their stalkerish fans would follow him anywhere, not like it requires effort on his part. Secondly, he could make a far bigger dent in charity by donating a substantial figure from his unearned wealth. That money was stolen by Cowell from naive and impressionable teenagers so he should do the decent thing and give some of it back for the greater good.

It's smart from a financial perspective but is selling your soul worth your dignity? Not in my view. Suddenly being relegated to the bottom of Scottish football doesn't seem that bad any more. Doncaster must be very proud at being a revelation on twitter and amongst teenage girls. He'll only play one game for the development squad but it's the principle.

And the guy you're thinking of was Nicky Byrne. He played for Leeds' youth team before he joined Westlife.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Diego Lugano signed for WBA.

Looked a bit past it in the Confederations Cup. He's been a quality defender for years though. Let's hope he plays well as West Brom are a good team.