IGNORED

2013 Summer Transfers

I don't get how any manager wouldn't rate Mata. He's pure class! And my hate for Chelsea has just increased.

Im not as sold as everyone else is tbh. Good player yes, but his best spell was under Di Matteo and I dont think he has been near that level in the rest of his Chelsea career.

I definitely think Moses will be on the way out though.

Rumors that a mystery club has come in for Bale apparently.

The only mystery to me, is how Bale warrants a price tage of (what was it), £ 90,000,000 ?

Ok he's a decent player, got some fine attributes, but that level of money just for a footballing individual is just goddamn stupid, if not belligerent. And it's only going to set the bar higher for other clubs to follow when it goes through, with someone eventually playing one hundred million for a player. And that time can't be far off. It's one of the biggest frustrations I have with soccer today , prices simply getting out of hand and the exaggerated and stupid prices seen about now with players who realistically, usually aren't even worth half, or even a third, of what they eventually sell for. Bale I would estimate, has a valuation of around forty million. The prices and valuations regarding this player just recently have been goddamn ridiculous to say the least.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone from Serie A who made the rumored bid, (and that's pretty much all it may entail, just a lazy rumor that started on some tired 'social' network page with some bored individuals and will invariably come to nothing) but I was looking at someone like Juventus or Inter Milan coming in. I could actually see Bale playing in Italy and adapting to the change away from the EPL. He could fit right in.

He'd be an idiot not to want to sign Bale, just think he's left it too late. Don't think Bale warrants the price tag but at the same time he's still a bloody good player and would improve any squad. Considering United have paid almost nothing this window in terms of transfers they should just fork out and get him.

Roma officially confirmed they've got a deal worth 30m with Spurs for Lamela. Sources in Holland also saying they're expecting Eriksen to join Spurs soon. Maybe we should look for a couple of bargains in Spurs and Chelsea's midfields.

if Spurs pull those two off, they will be serious title contenders....