IGNORED

2013 Summer Transfers

I don't know, I think it's kind of telling that Bayern are dumping him for that kind of money. Poachers are from a different time.

11 goals in 21 games in the Bundesliga (19 in 32 games), tells me hes more than a poacher or if hes not, then poaching is alive and well

Edited by Matt

How? He's a better one than Jelavic for example, but he's still just a poacher.

sorry Steve, I edited my post after you got to it (11 goals in 21 games in the Bundesliga (19 in 32 games))

I dont care what you call a striker, 1 in 2 goal ratio (consistently for many years) is a great return for 13m

sorry Steve, I edited my post after you got to it (11 goals in 21 games in the Bundesliga (19 in 32 games))

I dont care what you call a striker, 1 in 2 goal ratio (consistently for many years) is a great return for 13m

Sure, he has a fantastic goal record :D That makes it even more telling that they're selling him imo, coaches just expect more from a forward than simply slotting it in these days.

Guest blueboy122

Sure, he has a fantastic goal record :D That makes it even more telling that they're selling him imo, coaches just expect more from a forward than simply slotting it in these days.

Exactly am sure my record wouldnt be far off that playing in that team. Also every time I have watched him play he has looked a hopeless bambi on ice.

I reckon its more about the signing of Gotze than wanting more from a striker.

I reckon its more about the signing of Gotze than wanting more from a striker.

You think Guardiola is going to play him up top, like Messi? I would have him replace Robben on the right myself.

But even then, Gomez has a better goal record than Mandzukic yet Mandzukic was their first choice striker last year and he's the one that's been kept on now as well.

Or the potential signing of Lewandowski....

Hope I'm wrong though.

forgot about that

You think Guardiola is going to play him up top, like Messi? I would have him replace Robben on the right myself.

But even then, Gomez has a better goal record than Mandzukic yet Mandzukic was their first choice striker last year and he's the one that's been kept on now as well.

I think he will behind in the centre rather than up front. I meant Goetze cost Bayern a fortune and they were looking to get some cash coming in (could be for the Lewandowski deal too) and, as you say, he seemed to have fallen out of favour. Regardless of how he looks when he plays, or what type of goal scorer he is, he knocks them. We have the most creative player in Europe, imagine what he could do with that service!

I thought the lad did really well for himself all things considered.

He held his nerve in some big games, and we weren't the greatest team in the world at that time. We really don't know the ins and outs of what happened, but he's still young at 23, and I wish him well.

Apparently Steve Bruce confirmed that to talkSPORT.

He did, he sounded gutted tbh. Austin is highly rated and they were saying he will end up in the England team at some point, he has scored goals wherever he has played.

Im not sure i fancy Benteke's chances against Lambert, players who have taken him on in the past usually end up in the reserves.

Benteke has put through a transfer request - Lambert may play hard ball with him, it could backfire for the player - world cup next year and he's competiting with Lukaku for a place. I for one would love to see him put in the reserves and train with the kids to make him realise he is under contract. Player power is destroying the game.

He did, he sounded gutted tbh. Austin is highly rated and they were saying he will end up in the England team at some point, he has scored goals wherever he has played.

Im not sure i fancy Benteke's chances against Lambert, players who have taken him on in the past usually end up in the reserves.

Just noticed that. Gonna enjoy watching this one pan out, greed versus integrity.

Benteke has put through a transfer request - Lambert may play hard ball with him, it could backfire for the player - world cup next year and he's competiting with Lukaku for a place. I for one would love to see him put in the reserves and train with the kids to make him realise he is under contract. Player power is destroying the game.

Just noticed that. Gonna enjoy watching this one pan out, greed versus integrity.

I'd keep him personally just to prove a point. One decent season for a struggling side and then expects a big move? Jog on.

Edit: Athletico Madrid have agreed a £4.4 million fee with Barcelona for David Villa.

Too bad that integrity over greed only seems to count if you want to leave an English side. They only managed to sign him from Genk last season because they themselves turned his head. Genk were forced to sell him even though they didn't want to because he didn't show up for training.

On a side note, I also seem to remember Grant Holt handed in a transfer request last year to join Villa as well?

Too bad that integrity over greed only seems to count if you want to leave an English side. They only managed to sign him from Genk last season because they themselves turned his head. Genk were forced to sell him even though they didn't want to because he didn't show up for training.

I didn't say that. Any player who throws a tantrum and demands a transfer request is a cock in my eyes. It's like me walking into Asda, signing with them on a three-year contract and then after selling 100 doughnuts demanding to go and work for Alan Sugar because I did more than everybody else. It's a complete joke that footballers can throw tantrums and get their way, if I was Lambert I'd stick him in the reserves until his contract is up although this won't happen because of the money he would bring in.