IGNORED

Fulham

Guest rusty747

Didn't realise we were such a bogey team for them...

• Everton have never lost at home to Fulham in a league fixture (W20, D4). They have won the last 19 meetings at Goodison Park, the longest ever top-flight winning run against a particular club at the same stadium.
  • Fulham's last point at Everton came in a goalless draw in September 1959. They have twice beaten Everton at Goodison Park, both times in the FA Cup fifth round - in 1948 and 1975.

It's in the bag! jump%20for%20joy.gif

would rather start Vellios.

He tweeted before:

"Best training session i've done so far! Thanx alot Duncan Ferguson #Legend"

From what i seen of him before his extended break 'ahem' he looks to have all the hallmarks of a classic number 9. Great hold up ability, great in the air, eye for a goal, strong running.

Now that top 4 is almost certainly out of our grasp and 6th looks a certainty (fingers crossed) I woiuld like to see this lad get some game time.

• Everton have never lost at home to Fulham in a league fixture (W20, D4). They have won the last 19 meetings at Goodison Park, the longest ever top-flight winning run against a particular club at the same stadium.
  • Fulham's last point at Everton came in a goalless draw in September 1959. They have twice beaten Everton at Goodison Park, both times in the FA Cup fifth round - in 1948 and 1975.

Kiss of deathsad.png .

Youngsters - start using the youngsters - we shall reap the benefits next season -

I don't want to wait another 6 months before we know what we have on our bench -

if we are not going to play them sell them or loan them - but for pete's sake just do something with them other than keeping them on the ice

He tweeted before:

"Best training session i've done so far! Thanx alot Duncan Ferguson #Legend"

From what i seen of him before his extended break 'ahem' he looks to have all the hallmarks of a classic number 9. Great hold up ability, great in the air, eye for a goal, strong running.

Now that top 4 is almost certainly out of our grasp and 6th looks a certainty (fingers crossed) I woiuld like to see this lad get some game time.

I'd like to see more of Vellios, he's got guts and I like his attitude.

Thing is, 6th place isn't enough even for Europa , if we want any European football we have to push for 5th.

Unless you mean fingers crossed for 6th because we finish ahead of the shite?!

I think he should be given some time from the bench but your asking a bit much for anything more than that.

I agree that he has shown some class when we have seen him and we do need a striker to build our attacks from. Jelavic doesnt really seem capable of this at the moment and Vic can be too inconsistent (especially as opposition teams get used to him and start bullying him back). I cant see him getting any time ahead of these two though and his only chance will come if one of them gets injured.

I'd like to see more of Vellios, he's got guts and I like his attitude.

Thing is, 6th place isn't enough even for Europa , if we want any European football we have to push for 5th.

Unless you mean fingers crossed for 6th because we finish ahead of the shite?!

Fifth is beyond us now....barring twelve points from the last games.

I'd keep my fingers crossed for sixth because it's worth (from memory) £800,000 more than seventh, not because of who we'd finish abovesmile.png .

Fifth is beyond us now....barring twelve points from the last games.

I'd keep my fingers crossed for sixth because it's worth (from memory) £800,000 more than seventh, not because of who we'd finish abovesmile.png .

That's 800,000 reasons to finish 6th then!

I'm pretty sure we're the only club in the top ten concerning themselves with league position prize money though. Pretty depressing eh.

• They have twice beaten Everton at Goodison Park, both times in the FA Cup fifth round - in 1948 and 1975.

Watched that game and was absolutely inconsolable afterwards. We should have done the double that season. We lost home and away to bottom of the table Carlisle, four points which would have seen us champions, and folded at the end of the campaign. We had a decent team that year.

Some people were that optimistic before the Wigan Athetic game a week or two back....

Previous statistics can count for nothing, when on the day it's simply eleven men against eleven, in that anything can occur. We have no divine right to win this - or any game. Previous experiences dictate we don't always do well against the smaller fish of the league than heavyweight opposition, so remaining cautious about this. Yes we will start favorites, but you can never can quite tell what will happen.

I'm just hoping that the Sunderland defeat spurs them on to win today. I think it's a winnable fixture and if we don't have three points at the end of the day then I think we have some problems. We can't aim at Europe and fail to beat the teams well below us.

it is about time we should stop worrying whether we can and will beat teams well below us on the log -

either we deserve to be in the top 6 and believe we are good enough or we have unnecessary lack of self confidence -

lets hope we perform as well as our log position demands of us

Im hoping its going to be a 4-3-3 with Vic through the centre and Jela/Mirallas supporting but I wont hold my breath!

I am a little disappointed that both Osman and Pienaar are starting after their last few games. Its also a shame to see no Vellios on the bench but instead we have 2 CB's,RB and technically a LB (although more of a LWB). Moyes hasnt exactly given himself many options to change things up as Naismith is only like for like and the one attacking player is Barkley!