IGNORED

Poll: revelation of the season

revelation of the season  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the revelation of the season 2012-2013?

• Anichebe
    • Coleman
    • Mirallas

Mirallas for me. This season he's been head and shoulders above everyone. I'm so happy that we finally have a player at Everton that makes me excited when I see him, having a season ticket and watching him each week is heaven considering the skills and attributes that he has.

Edit: Coleman has been good too, I have to admit that. It's good that he's matured at the time that he has too considering that Tony Hibbert is seeing his last playing days and Stones isn't ready at the moment.

Edited by Zoo

Again, seamus. With stones being a potential CB with duffy and Garbutt our defensive future is looking very bright indeed. Special props to Vic too this season. Although i don't think he'll ever be quite the standard we need, he has put himself in the shop window this season and could go on to do very well for the likes of Norwich, stoke, err hull etc.

Yep, i'd go with Coleman.

We all expected big things from Mirallas. He cost the club a small fortune and had done well in Greece. Anichebe has also taken a huge step forward but has not done well enough to compete with the step that Coleman has taken. He has been absolutely brilliant this season. Hope he continues to develop in the same fashion because then we have a world beater in the club.

Cant help but think that part of Colemans success is spelled Mirallas. He is such a handful for defenders that it gives Coleman the option to come forward more.

Who is the revelation of the season 2012-2013?

1. Anichebe
  2. Coleman
  3. Mirallas

Its a 2 horse race based on the previous seasons, the improvement can only be Coleman ahead of Anichebe, I dismissed Mirallas because he hasnt had any previous seasons to compare, tho i can deffo see him being a revelation next season.

I didn't vote, cause I'm doubting too hard... I think if Mirallas would have gotten the summer preparation, he would've been the revelation of the season. Definitely if Suarez hadn't injured him. I guess Coleman made a very big leap forward, but on the other hand, it gives me the impression that Mirallas' job was harder than Coleman's. Not that Coleman had an easy job, but Mirallas was THE guy who had to break through defenses, which in itself made Coleman's job a little easier, cause they played on the same flank usually.

So I just can't make a choice.

It's a good opportunity to study the differences between the left flank (Baines - Pienaar) and the right flank (Coleman - Mirallas).

• Left flank: Weighed more heavily on the fullback Baines. Relied on combinations between the 2 players which were based on autimatisms that were quickly refound after Pienaar's spell at Spurs.

• Right flank: Weighed more heavily on the flank forward Mirallas. Relied on the pressure he put on the defenses, which gave Coleman the space to make runs and make some decisive actions. Not that many automatisms, though. This will come after a full summer pre-season. That's why this flank in particular is to be feared next season.

By thinking about it, both flanks seem to be even more different that I thought at first.

1. Coleman - One of the best RB's in the league at present. Performing way over my expectations of him. Consistently playing at the levels he showed vs Tottenham the other year, when we were two down and he was brought on and changed the game completely.

2. Anichebe - 10 x the player he was last year, incredible transformation. Friends of ours couldn't beleive he was the same player. Still lacks goals but has added more than in previous seasons.

3. Mirallas - Had problems with Injury and consistency, if he didn't have either, he'd be our player of the season.

I didn't vote, cause I'm doubting too hard... I think if Mirallas would have gotten the summer preparation, he would've been the revelation of the season. Definitely if Suarez hadn't injured him. I guess Coleman made a very big leap forward, but on the other hand, it gives me the impression that Mirallas' job was harder than Coleman's. Not that Coleman had an easy job, but Mirallas was THE guy who had to break through defenses, which in itself made Coleman's job a little easier, cause they played on the same flank usually.

So I just can't make a choice.

It's a good opportunity to study the differences between the left flank (Baines - Pienaar) and the right flank (Coleman - Mirallas).

• Left flank: Weighed more heavily on the fullback Baines. Relied on combinations between the 2 players which were based on autimatisms that were quickly refound after Pienaar's spell at Spurs.

• Right flank: Weighed more heavily on the flank forward Mirallas. Relied on the pressure he put on the defenses, which gave Coleman the space to make runs and make some decisive actions. Not that many automatisms, though. This will come after a full summer pre-season. That's why this flank in particular is to be feared next season.

By thinking about it, both flanks seem to be even more different that I thought at first.

I don't see it like that to be honest.

I thought Coleman was doing both the job of a defender and a winger. Mirallas wasn't always ahead of Coleman either, often playing on the left. The amount of times Coleman took the ball forward and made a cross was possibly even more than Baines, with the difference being Baines was afforded link up play, where as Coleman would often get there on his own merits.

I don't see it like that to be honest.

I thought Coleman was doing both the job of a defender and a winger. Mirallas wasn't always ahead of Coleman either, often playing on the left. The amount of times Coleman took the ball forward and made a cross was possibly even more than Baines, with the difference being Baines was afforded link up play, where as Coleman would often get there on his own merits.

Yeah I must say, Mirallas is a great player, but sometimes did all kinds of stuff except what he's supposed to do :)

I voted Coleman mainly because the way he has come on as a player this season has been a complete surprise to me and therefore more of a "revelation".

Mirallas has done brilliantly, but was rated highly before joining us.

Anichibe has also improved, but has still has a lot to go yet in my opinion.