IGNORED

Striker - affordable - scores goals - not too old. Name one.

Said it before, if Everton really were in pursuit or had an interest in Bent nine or ten years ago, when he was a very productive and reliable player, and opted for the other (Marcus Bent) then it's a real pity retrospectively. What a chance to have brought in a real goalscorer, but all these years later, and it's been mentioned, he no longer possesses the attributes he once had and while still an attractive name and still not thirty years of age (someone must check his birth certificate) just doesn't generate the interest or appeal he once had. Would be a half decent acquisition though, if Martinez was able to bring him in this close season, but unlikely to occur.

Frankly, I find Darren Bent a waste of space. Neither do I see how he would fit in with a more fluid passing style. He's more suited to the long ball.

He is a player that needs someone to create the chances for him and in that respect he is very much like Jelavic. We need someone who can do a lot more than that.

Lucas Piazon wants to leave Chelsea and hopes that another PL-club will give him an honest go.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/lucas-piazon/profil/spieler_176485.html

If we aren't on the phone with his agent this very second, we are severely fucking up.

My guess is it will be for loan, and I prefer not to develop others players, but if he is available for a decent price he could be come the dangerous creative attacker we all lust for.

Time for my unpopular opinion :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-accept-five-bids-for-nicklas-bendtner-8655770.html

Arsenal supposedly lowering their asking price for Nicklas Bendtner to £3m.

Borussia Monchengladbach, Eintracht Frankfurt and Besiktas are among the teams thought to have agreed terms with the Gunners and Bendtner must now decide where he will play next season.

“Arsenal have agreed with five clubs so now it is up to me to make a choice,” he told Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet.

I would honestly take the gamble for that kind of money.

Edited by Steve_E

Heard some good things about the kid at Chelsea. Worth a gamble.

Bendtner is definitely of interest at that price too. Apparently quoted as saying that he wants to go to a club where he is guaranteed to be playing week in week out, so not necessarily one of the big CL clubs. The exact quote on SSN made me think of our current position in the pecking order of the Premier League.

Bendtner is definitely of interest at that price too. Apparently quoted as saying that he wants to go to a club where he is guaranteed to be playing week in week out, so not necessarily one of the big CL clubs. The exact quote on SSN made me think of our current position in the pecking order of the Premier League.

No club should guarantee anyone a starting place, and no player should ask for it. He might have a modicum of talent but he's nothing like the player he thinks he is....arrogant idiot best avoided imo.

Must say, I really rate Piazon, would take him in a heartbeat.

Very raw but has the potential to be world class. I don't say that lightly either.

The fact he wants out at Chelsea, at least shows some ambition on his part, I'd be very interested in him. It's whether he'd be interested in Everton (if they came calling)?

Must say, I really rate Piazon, would take him in a heartbeat.

Very raw but has the potential to be world class. I don't say that lightly either.

The fact he wants out at Chelsea, at least shows some ambition on his part, I'd be very interested in him. It's whether he'd be interested in Everton (if they came calling)?

Crystal Palace and Liverpool have both apparently asked Chelsea if they can loan Piazon

I knew when I said it you guys would react like that and I know nothing's gonna change your mind but he's got 45 goals and 19 assists in 154 appearances for Arsenal, 11 goals and 7 assists in 45 games for Birmingham, 8 goals and 5 assists in 30 games for Sunderland and 21 goals and 8 assists in 51 game for Denmark. That's 85 career goals so far for a 25 year old, he's also capable of holding the ball up etc. We could do a lot worse for £3m.

I knew when I said it you guys would react like that and I know nothing's gonna change your mind but he's got 45 goals and 19 assists in 154 appearances for Arsenal, 11 goals and 7 assists in 45 games for Birmingham, 8 goals and 5 assists in 30 games for Sunderland and 21 goals and 8 assists in 51 game for Denmark. That's 85 career goals so far for a 25 year old, he's also capable of holding the ball up etc. We could do a lot worse for £3m.

He's needed 850 chances to score those 85 goals, though. He's like Robbie Keane in that respect - needs ten to a dozen chances for every one he bags. Besiktas would be the best place for him... it's further away from Goodison Park than Frankfurt or Moenchengladbach.

I agree with you to an extent. As a footballer I think he could do a job but I dont like his attitude as he wouldnt fit in with the rest of the squad. As somoene else pointed out, his wages would be a stumbling block too.

• 1 year later...