IGNORED

Striker - affordable - scores goals - not too old. Name one.

I was impressed a few years ago with Sylvan Ebanks-Blake. He is still only 27, and still a terrific striker in my opinion.

He is god awful - think Yakubu but lazy!!!!! Wolves fans don't even rate him (mother-in-law is a STH there so I have the delight of going when there's a spare!) He's broken his leg anyway and I can't see him even getting back to his level with fitness etc.

Erton Fejzullahu - watch this guy, he will be a star one day. (soon)

Guidetti - slightly worried though, he is injured again. (new injury)

Toivonen - not really a striker

I think Kone fits Avins description but I know that im fairly alone in thinking that.

Lukaku great but can we afford him?

It's because I'm Belgian. 4 of the top 6 goal scorers in the Prem this year were bought from shitty dutch and belgian leagues btw.

Oh my! You'll have to excuse my total ignorance there!

Championship still better...still Rhodes for me...or a lad called James Vaughan did well at Leicester??!!!

• Lukaku: too expensive to buy, interesting to get on loan. Apart from the high cost, probably the best available option out there.
  • Bent: Really? Would you consider Bent? How desperate are we? Plus he's old.
  • Toivonen: Everton is rumored to be looking to sign him for free, but he's an attacking mid and not a striker.
  • Guidetti: He was Dutch League top scorer with Feyenoord in the previous season and Man City seem to believe in the guy... Who knows, could be good stuff.
  • Vydra: Heck yeah. This is the kind of striker I'm talking about. He's a superb talent with great finesse and still very young.
  • Bacca: Fast and has indisputably the nose for goals. Could be a bit too selfish, but otherwise very interesting.
  • Batshuayi: I don't rate him at all really...
  • Ezekiel: Great prospect, but he does need a striking partner. He is more of a Newcastle United kind of striker.
  • Bony: Powerful striker, top scorer of the Dutch league and he's been a very reliable top striker for Vitesse for the past 3 seasons or so.
  • Remy: Excellent striker. He's experienced too, although he still has many good years ahead of him. Not sure if he'll be affordable though.

I personally got the best feeling about Lukaku, Bacca, Vydra and Remy.

And Newty: As good as it may be, the Championship does not just "beat these leagues". In fact, Dutch teams have had a great record against English EPL teams in the past few years. And the strikers in the Championship are in the back yard of the EPL clubs, so finding hidden gems amongst them is a lot more challenging. You'll probably pay exactly what they're worth.

Forgot about Remy He may be worth monitoring as I don't think He will stay with QPR, not sure how much it would take to land him?

Vydra is another that slipped My mind and a decent shout from what I've seen he looks like a very instinctive player with a great finish, could be worth a punt if the fee is low?

Oh my! You'll have to excuse my total ignorance there!

Championship still better...still Rhodes for me...or a lad called James Vaughan did well at Leicester??!!!

Our James Vaughan played for Huddersfield last season .... 37 Games ... 14 Goals Fellaini scored as many from midfield.

But i would take a punt at justin Rhodes, over 70 Goals in his last two seasons and he moved up a division each time.

Adam le Fondre might also be worth a punt.

Edited by Bill

Didn't Blackburn shell out 8m for Rhodes in the summer? They're not going to let him go unless they get a big profit.

Think he's at a stage where he is ready for the prem and Blackburn being Blackburn will not be in a position to demand a massive return, £8m was over the odds at the time, right now it is justified.

Just a thought, but it might be more plausible to wait before reacting untill you got your shit together, instead of typing a single reaction for every idea that comes up in your mind :)

Nah, I'm following suit - good for the post count :D

Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn - we're playing them in a pre-season friendly))

Rhodes is too slow for the premiership, goal poacher to be sure but lacks the all round game to be a regular

If we play different formations and we play Jelly in positions he will net ie 18 yard box, we have super,Vic,Velios, and if we got a striker with real pace and more pace out wide McManaman, Ince,Astu,Redmond etc we would be a dangerous side. Top of head choice....Lukaku but we wont get him , Negredo wont be affordable, Guidetti is a shout but injury prone so i'd go for maybe MIchu if Laudrup goes £10 mill?

he is not a striker but a midfielder - Espinoza - the Honduras international who played a few games for Wigan at the end - 25 years old and runs his socks off the whole field over with great long passing skills - I will take him any day to strengthen our squad - and Kone as a backup striker - even though he is a bit old - he seems better than Anichebe and Jelavic

Darren Bent - alright he is 29 but has proved he can score in the prem. 172 appearances for Spurs, Sunderland and Villa and 72 goals scored. He should come with a point to prove and its a world cup season. Has had his injury problems recently but this isn't down to an underlying issue and being kept out of the side by Benteke when he has been fit.