IGNORED

Striker - affordable - scores goals - not too old. Name one.

Darren Bent - alright he is 29 but has proved he can score in the prem. 172 appearances for Spurs, Sunderland and Villa and 72 goals scored. He should come with a point to prove and its a world cup season. Has had his injury problems recently but this isn't down to an underlying issue and being kept out of the side by Benteke when he has been fit.

Exactly, he will be cheap and he is a proven scorer. Give him his usual two years then shift him before he sulks.

I'll try, but it's difficult if you just keep spouting nonsense.

Whats nonsense? Rhodes or the Championship?

Rhodes is a good young player and the championship is a bloody tough competitive league.

As for the Dutch/Belgian topscorer thing...its a great stat but just a one off, a fluke if you like. Nothing more. Although, its going to be very interesting to see how the current crop of Belgian internationals develop, must be the strongest Belguim team for some time???

Our James Vaughan played for Huddersfield last season .... 37 Games ... 14 Goals Fellaini scored as many from midfield.

But i would take a punt at justin Rhodes, over 70 Goals in his last two seasons and he moved up a division each time.

Adam le Fondre might also be worth a punt.

Yeah, the James Vaughan thing was a total joke buddy.

Bent would not be bad, but could we afford his wages?

I would put this group at the top of my list for our club ATM. To make the list he must be a strong striker because thats what Wigan used, and be able to hold up play, win a header, score, and have good enough vision to allow others to score. Its alos completely possile that I am way off and Martinez will prefer to use 3 up front with Jelavic in the middle and Mirallas on the right which would have us looking for a pacy 2nd striker like Imoh Ezekiel or Carlos Vela. Come to think of it Gervinho would look good on the left side of that formation.

Imanol Agirretxe 26 - big and strong,decent skill, good eye for goal and team player 10+ goals and 6 assists each of last 2 La Liga season.

Nils Peterson 24 - big and strong, true goal scorer 10+ goals and 6 assists on loan at Bremen. 2 seasons before had 27 goals and 7 assists in Bundesliga 2. Year before last was spent on the bench at Bayern who still own his contract.

Jozy Altidore 23 Big, Strong, Fast Not the same player he used to be. Always had elite potential, but this season put it together. Great goal vs Germany. Will prob command a fee of 10+ Mil which is prob out of our price point.

Maybe but I don't think his club will be charmed by our sweet nothing finances :P.

True true! I'm sure I read a report the other day that West Ham had a £14,5m bid rejected and the report came from his club.

Edited by MatthewT

According to Swedish newspapers - Tevez can go for as little as 8 mil with only one year left on his contract. Liverpool are looking to replace Hannibal the Cannibal with Tevez. Id love it if we hijacked that deal. Probably wont be able to afford his wages though.

According to Swedish newspapers - Tevez can go for as little as 8 mil with only one year left on his contract. Liverpool are looking to replace Hannibal the Cannibal with Tevez. Id love it if we hijacked that deal. Probably wont be able to afford his wages though.

Probably?! He's on 250,000 a week!!

Maybe but I don't think his club will be charmed by our sweet nothing finances :P.

Anyone who thought he was an option was living in the darkness of their own rectum.

Sometimes Romey, just on occasions I want to beat you up with a wet herring. Do you realise how much it still hurts when I am laughing myself sick?

(Great posts lad keep it up.)

can't we just buy wayne back now? 10m plus 15m in installments for the next 5 years! He could probably afford to buy bill out by now n'all.

ROONEY 4 CHaiRMAN!!!!!!!!

But seriously.........Altidore would be a really good shout, as would Doumbia from russia.

Sometimes Romey, just on occasions I want to beat you up with a wet herring. Do you realise how much it still hurts when I am laughing myself sick?

(Great posts lad keep it up.)

Glad you enjoyed them!

He probably will be an option next summer though, after he's been glued to the bench for another season behind Cavani and whomever else they buy.

I still don't think he'll be an option for us because we simply won't be able to afford him.

If £5m is considered affordable: Carlos Bacca. Top scorer of the Belgian league in his first year: a whopping 25 league goals, Columbian international, very quick feet and skilled. Also followed by Sevilla and Valencia. Club Brugge will let him go.

I watched some of his goals from this video and the one Steve_E posted and while his finishing is excuisite you simply dont get chances like that in the Premier League. His movement is great though and with some space he could score lots of goals as he has shown, but on the basis of those videos I would be surprised if his overall game was suited to the style of this league.

I believe if you are a great goal scorer, you are a great goal scorer 'anywhere'. Scoring a goal is about you, the ball, and the net. I'd take the guys in the Championship no problem.

Besides the fact that that obviously isn't true, there's more to being a good striker than scoring goals, though I seem to be the only one who thinks that given the fact that so many people still love Jelavic.

Besides the fact that that obviously isn't true, there's more to being a good striker than scoring goals, though I seem to be the only one who thinks that given the fact that so many people still love Jelavic.

It's what I believe, regardless of if it's true or not.

If I can bend a ball around the wall in Div 3, I can bend a ball around a wall anywhere. If I can chip a keeper, and so on.

It's what I believe, regardless of if it's true or not.

If I can bend a ball around the wall in Div 3, I can bend a ball around a wall anywhere. If I can chip a keeper, and so on.

You're just completely going to disregard that keepers in the Premier League will be bigger, have longer arms, better reflexes, etc. than keepers in the Championship? That you'll need more pace to run away from defenders covering you? That you'll need to be stronger to challenge them for the ball? That you'll need a better touch under pressure in order to simply not fuck up every attack in the build-up stage? That you won't be able to recover from a bad first touch and go on to score?

Edited by Steve_E

Christian Benitez (yeah, the one who was crap at brum) has considerably upped his game back in mexico....107 goals in 183 appearances.

Andreas cornelius FC Kobenhavn (18 in 34)

Liam Boyce (30 in 49) for cliftonville in Ireland

Tommy oar (seriously this young aussie kid has some serious skills)