IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Stubbs,Weir,Irvine,Sheedy?

If Moyes takes both Round and Lumbsden, then that's 'manager, assistant manager, and first team coach' that need replacing. It's possible a new manager will appoint his own team, but it can be complicated.

As for the names you mention, Stubbs is U21 manager, and Irvine is in charge of the academy. Sheedy is a youth team coach and Weir is pretty much the same although might help with the reserves too. They all have their own jobs at the club.

I am surprised Round hasn't applied for Moyes' job, unless he has but didn't get it.

As for Redknapp, fans would be turning up with fiery torches and ropes.

Redknapp 2nd favorite? Where has that come from then, i really don't see Harry as a Kenwright type appointment imo

Can't see him moving up to or travelling to Liverpool to be honest, doesn't he have a nice house in the expensive place on the south coast, isn't that why he never manages further north than the M25?

If Moyes takes both Round and Lumbsden, then that's 'manager, assistant manager, and first team coach' that need replacing. It's possible a new manager will appoint his own team, but it can be complicated.

As for the names you mention, Stubbs is U21 manager, and Irvine is in charge of the academy. Sheedy is a youth team coach and Weir is pretty much the same although might help with the reserves too. They all have their own jobs at the club.

I am surprised Round hasn't applied for Moyes' job, unless he has but didn't get it.

As for Redknapp, fans would be turning up with fiery torches and ropes.

Irvine has been assistant before though don't forget, although if memory serves me correct i think he said he prefers coaching the youth players. Redknapp is hopefully only a wildcard Av, and just today's big name move. I can only think of the horrors if he took charge.

By the way, just thought I would share - I participated in a penno shoot out at Anfield yesterday - Won it wearing the 1985 ECWC shirt, ran to camera kissing the badge, the stewards were a little frosty with me - I love it!

Good man! You getting a copy of the video?

Imagine the discussions between Hafnia and BK

:rofl:

Irvine has been assistant before though don't forget, although if memory serves me correct i think he said he prefers coaching the youth players. Redknapp is hopefully only a wildcard Av, and just today's big name move. I can only think of the horrors if he took charge.

I really wouldn't want Redknapp.

It's important (for me) that we appoint somebody who has the potential to be here for at least another decade, as I truly believe that stability in our club has been a key part of our success in building a good team. However, I'm still juggling being young with having enough experience of the market, and actually of our team itself, as it's one thing knowing about other players, but it's another knowing your own players.

This is why every day that passes, I'm beginning to look at Phil Neville as the best candidate, as he has much more experience than any of the candidates mentioned so far regarding 'winning at the highest level', is young, knows our team inside out, knows our clubs structure inside out, has been preparing for a managerial role for some time, and has the professional attitude we need, not to mention the contacts in the game already at his disposal.

If you were to ask me at this moment in time who I would want, it would be Neville.

Guest blueboy122

And how is he supposed to do all that when there are no players here to assess?

Footage from games this year etc, training reports etc.

Come on now think outside the box ha

I really wouldn't want Redknapp.

It's important (for me) that we appoint somebody who has the potential to be here for at least another decade, as I truly believe that stability in our club has been a key part of our success in building a good team. However, I'm still juggling being young with having enough experience of the market, and actually of our team itself, as it's one thing knowing about other players, but it's another knowing your own players.

This is why every day that passes, I'm beginning to look at Phil Neville as the best candidate, as he has much more experience than any of the candidates mentioned so far regarding 'winning at the highest level', is young, knows our team inside out, knows our clubs structure inside out, has been preparing for a managerial role for some time, and has the professional attitude we need, not to mention the contacts in the game already at his disposal.

If you were to ask me at this moment in time who I would want, it would be Neville.

You keep saying Phil has the most experience, but he only has experience at playing. He has absolutely no experience managing a team, not even at managing a youth team, that would be a first for him. Appointing him would be a huge risk. Let him be an assistant or set him up with a youth team first.

You keep saying Phil has the most experience, but he only has experience at playing. He has absolutely no experience managing a team, not even at managing a youth team, that would be a first for him. Appointing him would be a huge risk. Let him be an assistant or set him up with a youth team first.

He has one week experience of coaching the England U21s.