IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Filling the goal is not a legitimate tactic is it?

Doesnt he live down in Kent ?

I didn't realise the goalkeeping coach actually went in goal. That must be what Woods has been doing wrong because I've never seen him go in goal to help train the other keepers!

How silly of me to suggest having one of the best keepers there's been as our goalkeeping coach shaking%20fist.png .

It's pretty obvious Neville is the least experienced of those mentioned as said He has no experience apart from the one week as Louis mentioned where as the other internal lads mentioned have some experience working with players and all that goes with it...

I'm sure He will do well one day in a managerial capicity but to put him in the job here because he's played for the club is far to risky and boardering on lunacy for Me. He's a great pro with the right attitude but that holds no weight in how he will fair on that side of the fence.

He needs to earn his stripes and prove he has what it takes and this is not the club to experiment with.

I'll say it again if any of the lads from within the club get the job which I can't see happening tbh it will be purely due to it being a financial simple quick and easy decision but will more then likely prove to be expensive frustrating and costly on many fronts.

It's pretty obvious Neville is the least experienced of those mentioned as said He has no experience apart from the one week as Louis mentioned where as the other internal lads mentioned have some experience working with players and all that goes with it...

I'm sure He will do well one day in a managerial capicity but to put him in the job here because he's played for the club is far to risky and boardering on lunacy for Me. He's a great pro with the right attitude but that holds no weight in how he will fair on that side of the fence.

He needs to earn his stripes and prove he has what it takes and this is not the club to experiment with.

I'll say it again if any of the lads from within the club get the job which I can't see happening tbh it will be purely due to it being a financial simple quick and easy decision but will more then likely prove to be expensive frustrating and costly on many fronts.

How can you think he is the least experienced ?

He has more experience than David Moyes and all the other candidates put together.dont%20know.gif

You can't overlook this. He also has 8 years under his belt at the club, working closely with Moyes as captain, and experience of all the other clubs in the league, and also the European competitions. His age is perfect in terms of a long term manager, and he has not only worked under Moyes, but also under Ferguson.

Thank you for the lunacy comment though. shaking%20fist.pngtongue.png

You know I don't mean your a lunatic Av I think :)

I do know what your saying mate but I don't think that can hold much if any bearing on how he would fair in a managerial role and to take the risk here for me would be more than one step to far.

He needs to earn the right to manage a team in my eyes and a club in our position that needs to take steps forward not potentially backwards is not the place to risk using a man with practically zero managerial experience.

There are a fair few well known accomplished and successful managers who where not very well known as players or for their achievements on the field which for me shows a playing career won't hold much weight in that regard maybe in attracting players and so on but it all comes down to money more then anything and the Club.

I'd like to see Perreira and maybe have Neville in some form of capacity within his coaching team.

0 manager experience Avin. Its been said before but I just had to say it again. Everton is now the 6th best team in England. If we for the sake of arguments and in order to keep it simple state that the Spanish, German, Italian, English and French league is roughly the same. (i know that they are not) then that means that there are 25 teams that are better, plus the odd clubs in other leagues. That puts Everton at around the 30th best team in Europe. (i know that its a way to simple logic but I wouldnt say that im way out of the truth)

That would mean that there are 29 teams that are more attractive team wise (not accounting for transfer clout etc)

Is Neville in your honest opinion good enough to manage the 30th best team in Europe?

He has more experience than David Moyes and all the other candidates put together.dont%20know.gif

You can't overlook this. He also has 8 years under his belt at the club, working closely with Moyes as captain, and experience of all the other clubs in the league, and also the European competitions. His age is perfect in terms of a long term manager, and he has not only worked under Moyes, but also under Ferguson.

Thank you for the lunacy comment though. shaking%20fist.pngtongue.png

You're confusing the words "experience" and "accomplishments".

How close is he to getting his UEFA Pro Licence, and is it likely the FA would grant special dispensation should he be offered the job?

Does he need it to be Manager or Assistant Manager?

He was supposed to be coaching the U21's for next months European tournament. Is that still on?

There is a picture of St Georges Park on his Twitter, together with details of him being on day 2 of his A Licence course, so is it possible that Everton are waiting to see if he passes ?

Sure its possible. I dont think thats the reason Everton hasnt appointed a new manager yet. I think its more the fact that they want to get it right and it takes time to meet with all possible candidates. I hope Neville gets a chance to manage a big club some day. Possibly Everton but its not his time now. I wish him all the best and he has been a great servant to the club. I hope he stays on as assistant manager this time. Or that he gets a chance at a smaller club in a lower league.

Probably no truth in it but a few people have said that Kenwright has said very recently He is waiting to talk to Martinez?

As said probably bollocks but is Martinez delaying on committing to Wigan in hope the phone rings and has Bill been waiting and watching the possible outcome of His recent meeting with that deluded old fart Whelan who knows...

You keep saying Phil has the most experience, but he only has experience at playing. He has absolutely no experience managing a team, not even at managing a youth team, that would be a first for him. Appointing him would be a huge risk. Let him be an assistant or set him up with a youth team first.

Exactly.

Ex players need to earn their stripes. He has worked under some top managers and coaches and he certainly has the 'pedigree' for it but unfortunately that means very little. Plenty of players have worked under good managers, got their badges and ended up as crap managers.

FA Premier League (6): 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03

FA Cup (3): 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04

FA Community Shield (3): 1996, 1997, 2003

UEFA Champions League (1): 1998–99

Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999

He has more experience than David Moyes and all the other candidates put together.

Thank you for the lunacy comment though.

Roy Keane had the same experience as a player, only he had more experience and was captain of a club winning trophies every year.

It didn't make him a great manager.

The bookies odds means nothing it maybe that they themselves are changing the odds to ply more money from people or it's people placing on him on the off chance and in turn shortens the odds..

I don't read into it they change daily with very little if no influence and ballbag face won't manage a club that's not daaaan south.

If Neville is only doing his A licence course at the moment, that means he's still a level below that required to manage in the top flight and he has at least another year before he can finish his Pro licence. The UEFA Pro licence is the one they must hold to manage in the Premier League, although managers have received dispensation in the past if they're already studying for it.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!!!

crying%20smiley.gif

You shall know in few days when Pereira has done his talking with Porto boss. They will meet monday so I quess around wednesday we know if it is Pereira or Martinez. Martinez talks with Whelan monday too.

Im have a feeling that BK prefers Roberto