IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Kenwright isn't as naïve as some of you make out.

Do you really think he and Moyes have not prepared for the move? It's not like Moyes made any secret of the fact that he wasn't signing. Any potential manager will want a little break after their respective seasons finish, and we will want them to be fresh and ready for the job.

We should forget about it now until the club make an official announcement. They will already know who is coming in, of that I'm confident.

Guest blueboy122

yes, it's the same old original ruffrob from many moon ago, I has been a long time since I last posted, but have popped my nose in now and again. I bought a house that needed loads of work on it and due to IT changes at work I couldn't post on their time smile.png , so just fell out of the toffeetalk habit. I've had a family of three in the mean time - were do the years gone.

The biggest change at the club in over decade has brought me out of self imposed exile!!!

Been a long time mate. I remember the old regulars like Moyeski, KillaGTiR, Adam, 03joness etc.

Cant believe how fast the years of gone.... Incrediable.

Or instead work out a plan for what he will do with the current squad. What players are surplus to requirements etc, identify weak areas of the team that need to be strenghened, identify possible transfer targets, the youth policy etc.

But yeah sure he could work on the photocopier.

And how is he supposed to do all that when there are no players here to assess?

Surely you'd think we'd wait until he made an announcement in Monday, if he wants to leave doesn't that make compensation a little easier for us? I mean l, if his position is untenable then he might have to buy out his own contract!

That being said, I hope it isn't true anyway.

Guys....how do we know that a shortlist of possible replacments hasnt been touted about by the board for the past two years? would you expect them to make it public?

Or would you expect them to be professional and keep it quiet and away from our manager to avoid disruption?

Also i would like to bet that even though we have no manager, that we will still have a backroom staff that are working on possible additions to the squad to suggest once we have a manager.

As much as we would like to have had a manager lined up like utd did, we dont have the appeal to do that. Could we name our manager, sack our present and tell then new guy the date he is coming in? That would be arrogant like utd and the likelyhood is that the new guy we have chosen would say " who the F*** do you think you are? Like 90% of world wide clubs, we have to take our time and do it correctly.

But surely we are not naive enough to think that the second DM left the club, there werent a list of ideas already there. Damn even us lot had a list within minutes yet none of us seem to have a football club and other buisness under our belts.

Come on guys give them a chance to bring in the right man. If we do bring this new portugese geezer then i will be more than happy and to be honest....quite excited.

Kenwright isn't as naïve as some of you make out.

Do you really think he and Moyes have not prepared for the move? It's not like Moyes made any secret of the fact that he wasn't signing. Any potential manager will want a little break after their respective seasons finish, and we will want them to be fresh and ready for the job.

We should forget about it now until the club make an official announcement. They will already know who is coming in, of that I'm confident.

He is naive Av, that's his forgivable failing, compounded with his love of fiction it makes him untrustworthy.

He trusted Gosling to do business on a handshake, he had talks with phony buyers in a one bed room flat. He allowed spending to take place on an NTL deal that hadn't been signed. He expects fans to believe lies - he is naive.

I am hoping that he makes the right appointment. I'm not confident, but hope.

He is naive Av, that's his forgivable failing, compounded with his love of fiction it makes him untrustworthy.

He trusted Gosling to do business on a handshake, he had talks with phony buyers in a one bed room flat. He allowed spending to take place on an NTL deal that hadn't been signed. He expects fans to believe lies - he is naive.

I am hoping that he makes the right appointment. I'm not confident, but hope.

I agree with all but the highlighted bit although I dont beleive for one minute that he hadnt thought about the possibility that Moyes could leave and had a few ideas of possible replacements, even if they hadnt explored those possibilities

http://www.followtonians.com/?p=7361

A very simple poll going on - appears more than 9 out of 10 Evertonians want to see Pereira coming to the club over Martinez. BK says he wants to bring in somebody the fans want, I would say it fairly cut and dry who the majority want to see. (Nearly a 1000 votes so a decent cross section). Let hope Pereira has already been offered the job as first choice. That's all BK can have be expected to do at this point really. Fingers crossed he takes the offer.

Given what Moyes was being paid and no compensation fee required, he's not going to be out our reach financially. So think it will be down to whether he wants to manage in the premiership or not.

Betting is neck and neck between Pereira and Martinez

I really dont see what the appeal is with Pereira. Surely we need to be looking at managers that have exceeded expectations with the resources available rather than the other way around?

Anyway the reason I came on here today was to mention an article I read in the Guardian about German football and specifically Freiburg. Their manager Christian Streich has done a brilliant job at the club and their whole ethos of bringing through the youth and inculuding the community should be replicated at Everton. I defintely think that we should be looking at the German managers as our first port of call.

I really dont see what the appeal is with Pereira. Surely we need to be looking at managers that have exceeded expectations with the resources available rather than the other way around?

Anyway the reason I came on here today was to mention an article I read in the Guardian about German football and specifically Freiburg. Their manager Christian Streich has done a brilliant job at the club and their whole ethos of bringing through the youth and inculuding the community should be replicated at Everton. I defintely think that we should be looking at the German managers as our first port of call.

I wouldn't argue about adopting a German football model at our club - there is a interesting article on the BBC website today in the run up to the CL final. A lot of the German success goes back in to grass roots of the sport in the country as a whole. The FA should take note, 5-10year is a fairly quick turn around to reap the benefits. Two German teams in the CL final, mostly made up of German players - can't say it is the same when two English teams make the final.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22628302

We are not that progressive as a club, so that's not going to happen. If you look at the bookies any external appointment is likely to be one out of Martinez, Pereira or Lennon!!, although Pereira has drifted to 7/1 with some bookies. I actually think he may be considering offers from Everton and other, so these may be decent odds to get on today.

Odds on Solskjear and 'arry are shortening a lot today - but I don't think I would put my money on either of them.

Almost nothing ever happens on a Friday or weekend, and not much new news coming out today.

What's the source for that mate?

Friend who is a big Man U fan told me, he reckons thats whats going about anyway.

Edit: Just looking, and i notice it get's a mention in the Moyes thread on GOT, Id like to have seen Neville stay as assistant tbh, just not Manager.

Edited by Simon

Anyone wanna speculate how long this will go on/how many pages we'll reach on this thread until somebody is appointed?

guns.gif

Four more pages. Monday morning Rafa will reveal that a kink for fan abuse incubated and blossomed within him during his time at Chelsea. He takes the post at Everton seeking greater levels of abuse. Both sides of Liverpool are aghast as his gimp Torres comes in tow. Rooney moves to Liverpool......Rafa creams.

Could the amount of time we are waiting for an announcement have much to do with waiting for all the leagues to finish? Therefore indicating BK is looking overseas for the new manager? Just an idea so please put the pointy sticks down and stop hitting me around the head. dry.png

Possibly, Spanish league still has a couple of weeks i think, hence why City have not announced Pellegrini as of yet.

Could the amount of time we are waiting for an announcement have much to do with waiting for all the leagues to finish? Therefore indicating BK is looking overseas for the new manager? Just an idea so please put the pointy sticks down and stop hitting me around the head. dry.png

*bash bash*

I think it's quite normal to be honest. We are in no rush to hire just yet, everyone is going on holiday and if ever there is a chance to take your time hiring a manager, the end if the season is it.

Lets just all enjoy this lovely slow roller coaster :)

The Portuguese league has finished so we should have un-veiled Pereira by now! :P

I'm glad I'm not a Stoke fan either, it's good news for us but Mark Hughes is in talks with them about becoming the new manager - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22649939

By the way, just thought I would share - I participated in a penno shoot out at Anfield yesterday - Won it wearing the 1985 ECWC shirt, ran to camera kissing the badge, the stewards were a little frosty with me - I love it!

Haf for manager!

Heroic!