IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Gone off Martinez massively. Didn't really want him but not so keen on him anymore. I'm not sure who I'd want, other than those mentioned before.

I will point out that Laudrup's win percentage is pretty poor for the season just gone. Ours is double his I believe? 23% to our 42%, or similar?

City supporter in peace. Thought I would tell you this as it was a real shock and will be of interest to Everton supporters. Was in the bookies on Friday in the Manc area. Some bloke wanted to put £500 on Laudrup to become the next manager. He was clearly a novice or an idiot to put £500 and was turned away (theoretically could have won £23k on 46/1!) so he had to go and split his money at different bookies.

Couldn't believe it myself. He told me just to put money on Laudrup - end of. Putting £500 said enough to be honest.

I can't see Pereira going, I think Kenwright would prefer experience in English football. I actually think Martinez has underachieved at Wigan. Questions have to be asked why Wigan only play during the last 6 games or so. And Whelan wouldn't mind letting him go but for a ridiculous compensation fee so clearly a turn-off for BK.

Laudrup's odds have drifted from 46/1 on Thursday/Friday to 33/1 on Sat evening to 18/1 this morning and now 12/1 tonight.

Whelan actually said publicly on Wednesday that Martinez's future would be decided within '24 hours'. Nothing has happened since. I'm thinking change of heart among Everton hierarchy who are in negotiations with Laudrup who is now 1st choice? Possibly some ITKs have been told hence the betting run.

Just thought I would tell you as it was a real surprise to me seeing £500 going on. Suffice to say I figured it was worth a flutter too after doing some research. I can see Laudrup fitting in perfectly at Everton. Good solid football and a very canny manager in the transfer market like Moyes. I'm sure Everton supporters wouldn't mind unearthing a Michu or a de Guzman.

Edited by city101

Manchester City supporters are always welcome here and sorry you couldn't retain the league championship or get the FA cup back. Only to say, wouldn't want Laudrup as manager, or Martinez, but Mancini does generate some interest, but it's very unlikely we can bring him in. Would still like to see O Neill or Redknapp installed, it generates some significant excitement.

Manchester City supporters are always welcome here and sorry you couldn't retain the league championship or get the FA cup back. Only to say, wouldn't want Laudrup as manager, or Martinez, but Mancini does generate some interest, but it's very unlikely we can bring him in. Would still like to see O Neill or Redknapp installed, it generates some significant excitement.

:major overreaction alert:

Let me translate this for new member City101. :happy:

Manchester City supporters are always welcome here and sorry you couldn't retain the league championship or get the FA cup back.

Bwaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa :jump for joy:

Would still like to see O Neill or Redknapp installed, it generates some significant excitement.

I need to log off now, as the free Internet token from "I'm totally Insane" magazine is about to expire. :huh:

Vitor Pereira's agent has apparently said in portugese media today that porto offered Pereira a new 2 year offer and Pereira and his agent have apparently counter offered that with a new 1 year deal. Looks increasingly unlikely he could become our new manager now.

I don't get Martinez he hasn't got a record to speak of constantly flirts with relegation then finally took them down. Won the FA Cup but so did Pompey. I don't see what the attraction is We need to be aiming a lot higher. The only person we are linked with I like is the current Porto manager atleast he has a record of winning the league and dealing with big name players. I still don't see why Steve Clarke at WBA is not an option. He has a great history in coaching and has made a good first season in management with a decent prem club.

Wigan don't pay high wages so lose players to rivals easily as well as find it a lot harder to attract players. Miracle they stayed up so long.

In the last 4 years they have lost 1st team players: Cattermole, Valencia, Scharner, Bramble, N'Zogbia, Rodgella, Moses, and Diame to prem rivals. Same time Moyes lost Arteta, Lescott, and Rodwell and only managed to stay in the same spot with a lot more reinvestment and wages to play with.

I still don't see why Steve Clarke at WBA is not an option. He has a great history in coaching and has made a good first season in management with a decent prem club.

Decent first half of the season but only sixteen points after Boxing Day (less than Wigan & Reading got, one more than QPR)....relegation form.

Last half of the season table....

post-1126-0-24617800-1369740796_thumb.jpg

Wigan don't pay high wages so lose players to rivals easily as well as find it a lot harder to attract players. Miracle they stayed up so long.

In the last 4 years they have lost 1st team players: Cattermole, Valencia, Scharner, Bramble, N'Zogbia, Rodgella, Moses, and Diame to prem rivals. Same time Moyes lost Arteta, Lescott, and Rodwell and only managed to stay in the same spot with a lot more reinvestment and wages to play with.

We have also got a track record of losing star players and the fees/wages Everton paid for the likes of Arteta, Cahill,AJ,McFadden, Jags and Lescott were all easily within Wigans budget.

Moyes then developed those players and sold them on for a profit which is where the money came from for the increased reinvestment and wages for him to play with.

Moyes managed to improve our squad year on year and move us up the table , Martinez hasnt