IGNORED

Pre-Season 2013/14 - The Martinezian Era Begins...

Zoo

No Lundstram though which is a bit disappointing. Don't see the need to take 3 keepers.

Wonder if a loan deal for Lundstram could be in the works? Maybe back to Doncaster? I'd definitely like to see him loaned to Doncaster as they are now a Championship side.

A lot of Doncaster fans seemed to rate Lundstram, or at the very minimum didn't think he was out of his depth. Hope he goes back.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Watford was a loan option for him too. I'd like to send him to Wigan personally - Coyle played a vital part in Wilshire's development whilst at Bolton.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Watford was a loan option for him too. I'd like to send him to Wigan personally - Coyle played a vital part in Wilshire's development whilst at Bolton.

Well we have to send him where he's wanted. I'd like to see him coached by Owen Coyle, but Wigan seem to have signed a number of players and have a fairly decent sized squad that could be decent in that division. We'll see what happens, I guess.

I particularly found it interesting that he appreciated the players fears of picking up the ball from the keeper - I think it was Leon Britton who said there was a fear, but it soon became their way of playing. Martinez knows it and our own players will no doubt feel it to start with.

There will be times no doubt where we concede due to an over reliance on playing the ball and finding a man - as opposed to launching it. However if it means we are more used to ball retention and pass and move, we will find operating more slickly in the congested final third. I'm ready for the teething problems just to see the gleaming white gnashers at the end of it.