IGNORED

Juventus

Romey 1878

MOTM is either John Stones or Tim Howard. Both were vital today. Well done boys. Gutsy effort.

Gotta add Mirallas to that. But that chip penalty by Stones just left me speechless. Don't know if the other channels did it, but my channel showed some little girls rooting for Everton going crazy with happiness after Stones' penalty. Similar reaction to mine :P

MOTM is either John Stones or Tim Howard. Both were vital today. Well done boys. Gutsy effort.

Gotta add Mirallas to that. But that chip penalty by Stones just left me speechless. Don't know if the other channels did it, but my channel showed some little girls rooting for Everton going crazy with happiness after Stones' penalty. Similar reaction to mine :P

Definitely saw that. I think Stones will be receiving some love letters in the mail after that.

Without getting to carried away...

What a fooking result. From the sounds of things we outplayed the best team in Italy for a fair part of the match.

Not too surprised to see Stones given a start, as wasn't it Wigan that were after him along with us. Really pleased for the kid,and looks like we could have a potential gem on our hands.

COYB

Just seen the result - not expecting that team line up, that system or a that result, that will be great confidence booster. At very worst we will come 4th in this mini tournament.

from what I read we were generally the better team - so a deserved victory. looking forward to watching it after work.

It was a great performance but there were periods when we looked very lacklustre and without ideas, and sometimes when we were defending we looked awful. However, we're only midway through the pre-season programme and we're going to have periods like that while our fitness levels improve and we get used to playing a different formation.

The pleasing things far outweigh and downsides from this game. Stones looked our best defender and a lot more comfortable than Jagielka and Distin (actually thought Distin was a bit all over the place). Howard had a great game. We did well at winning the ball back. Despite having an invisible first half Mirallas became our biggest threat and showed we'll be dangerous on the break. The most pleasing thing is that we should have had the game finished in the 90 minutes and more than held our own against a top side.

It all bodes well if we can straighten out the little kinks.

Stones was my MOTM. He did not look out of place at all, and, like I said, looked our most comfortable defender of the night.

Martinez clearly rates him very highly, or he wouldn't start against a side like Juventus, and it looks like he has a very good chance of playing regularly this season. Obviously he's jumped far ahead of Duffy in Martinez's thoughts.