IGNORED

Everton-themed trains in New York City

Louis

It's on every train carriage, so don't think it's anything to do with the old joke. That was just me taking the piss.

One of your finest photoshops Avin, made me laugh anyway :).

I was talking about the "Keep calm and..." phenomenon that seems to have taken over the world of T shirts & stickers (was a pre war motivational poster originally rather than a joke "Keep calm and carry on"). That's plainly where the subway has got it from, just don't know whether it was rediscovered and relaunched over here or over there.

Used to have that as a frequent avatar choice before getting tired of it and opting for a favorite european soccer side. The EPL designs in NYC are really quite neat, but most people in most big american cities wouldn't recognize most english clubs, be it New York, Dallas, Chicago or wherever you find them. They'll probably be bemused more than anything else. How long before they get decimated by graffiti anyway. Looks open season to some. Any plans to extend this to the subways of Tokyo and Paris for example.

I think they would probably recognize most clubs in New York -- very diverse city.

As someone from New York I think I've seen 1 million Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Barcelona, and Real Madrid Jerseys, 500K Tottenham, AC Milan, and Bayern Munich jerseys, and 3 Everton jerseys. We're pretty under-appreciated for whatever reason.

They do have a Norwich City supporters branch somewhere on Manhattan so anything is possible. Soccer has really come on in some parts of the United States in recent years with players involved in various EPL clubs, not to mention lower league outfits. We was in Denver a few years ago, and didn't see one UK or european replica during our time over so while it's fair to say major cities such as we have here have come more to the fore for club awareness, a great number of other places are still ignorant to it. Walk through any town or city in Wisconsin or Minnesota for example, you'd be hard pushed to see an awful lot. New York would seem to be the epicenter of english premier league awareness or even other european recognition. That's good enough, we don't go to that part of the country when heading back over.

free advertising!

Wonder how people will feel when they can only order through the website (and be charged a fortune in shipping)

The shipping isnt that bad really. I was in Thailand a few years ago, when i got home i used the address of the hotel on the website to see the costs. At the time I had paid about £55 for the shirt including postage. It was £60 to have it sent to thailand including postage. I dont remember whether the shirt was cheaper or not though.

There is a simple solution Matt. Don't live there!

But then you do benefit from free chocolate deliveries of a morning don't you? Or do I just imagine that?

couldnt move back mate, been on the continent too long.

I do get free chocolate deliveries occasionally, but only because of work