• Phil Jagielka
    • Bryan Oviedo
    • Johnny Heitinga
    • Leon Osman
    • Ross Barkley
    • Steven Naismith
    • Arouna Koné
    • Gerard Deulofeu

Barkley was exceptional for the first 60mins. He simply ran the game for us.

Lots of good performances all round actually and the only down side coming from Osman, Naismith and Oviedo. They all contributed but lacked any real quality.

Nice to see a strong performance from Deulofue as well, he has some skill but needs to beat his man on both feet as Prem defenders will shut him down quickly otherwise.

Gerard Deulofeu. Scored the vital goal getting us level again before half-time. But he was also very dangerous getting to the byline and putting the cross in. And unlike against Valencia, he actually got back in behind the ball this time. Ross Barkley played really well too. We've already seen in the league he can play close to the striker and today he showed he can really be a playmaker from deeper areas as well. It would be nice to see a through ball from time to time though. I know he sees it, well, he should see it because he dribbles with his head up. But there were a couple of times where he did ever so well turning away from his defender and he runs at the defensive line and he just passes it to the side, while Naismith and Koné made some good runs.

Stones did well in his first time as a centre back in a back 4. Though I think he could have done better at the goal (I'm not sure it was him or Hibbert though), same goes for Robles. Distin's pace is vital. Jagielka did well on the ball today. Koné done really well holding it up and bringing others into play, he served his purpose well in that we were always able to build off of him. But he really should have scored a couple of goals. Naismith hard-working and made a couple of good runs and some good passes, but he's just so frustratingly slow.

Heitinga looked like he didn't want to be on the pitch a couple of times. Osman has to be stronger. He got into some good positions and he just got shrugged off the ball. Oviedo's delivery wasn't the best though it got better as the game got on, he was very easily beat once though in a 1 vs 1 situation. Hibbert isn't really what we need from a right back.

For the 3rd game running, Ross barkley,, Have we seen Johnny,s last game at Goodison ?.

I don't think so, nobody will match the fee we would demand for him. IMO he'll go on a free when his contract is up.

On topic, I'm voting for Deulofeu. He made some pretty poor decisions but that's from wanting to win and I like the hunger he seems to have. If he can be more sensible yet keep that killer instinct he'll be a world class player that will fit right next to Messi in the Barcelona team.

19 years old and my MOTM.

Kone was atrocious. Worst number 9 I've ever seen.

Naismith ran but forgot he was a professional footballer.

Barkley, ran it, in Midfield.

Oviedo looked to have intent but never actually took on the opposition.

Heitinga was solid.

Stones was my MOTM, great talent. Mature, composed and can pass!

Del-boy, showed glimpses of pure class, then showed immaturity and then showed not a lot. Always looked to take someone on though, was one of two people who did (Barkley the other).

Everyone else, was there in person, solid, nothing to write home about.

Overall, very disappointing. Youngsters were the only ones to show what's possible.