IGNORED

Cardiff (away)

gethinO

What worries me the most is we arent playing as a team. Loads of players shouting at each other, there seems to be no actual plan when we attack. Today at 61 minutes we had the ball at about 35 yards out from their box and 3 of our players there looked like we had just lost. Shoulders dropped, standing still. It was ridiculous. One thing Martinez needs to do is get the team spirit back and quick.

I don't want to panic and for all the positives of posession and nice pass and move there is no penetration. We are scared to shoot. Barkley has gone from being a prospect to being our main man. Fellani and baines worryingly are the better players too. I am massively fucked off we spunked our transfer budget on a 29 yearl old striker who as I have said before doesn't improve the squad. Why didn't we spend 6million on a solid centre mid. Ossie piernar Kone and miirrales all last the ball too easily. Atleast Ross loses it trying to win.

A lot of the problems with the slow build up are still due to poor positioning imo. There were a couple of times, where Baines has the ball near the half-way line in our half and he has options only in front of him or the back pass to Distin. Pienaar was in front of him down the touchline, which is basically a pass that is hardly ever gonna be on and if it is Pienaar isn't going to be able to do much with it. Fellaini was next to Pienaar and he too had a defender on his back. Osman was too far away, so Baines past to Distin again. He then takes two touches to pass it to Osman next to him, he takes two touches to pass it to Jagielka next to him, he takes two touches to pass it to Coleman, etc. Baines simply needs more options and there should be about 10 yards between everyone. He was often lacking a simple pass to his right, there was no one in that area. Preferably Osman should have been there.

Guest rusty747

Jelavic, Mirallis and Ossie need benching. Hopefully Gibbo (or Barry) will be available to replace Ossie, Kone for Jelavic and Anichebe for Mirallis with Gerry to come on as an impact sub after 60 mins or so.

Once the transfer window as closed we, and the players, will at least be spared the effects of the unsettling speculation about Felli, Baines etc.

he could have bought on deulofeu 15 mins earlier, and moved felli up the pitch a bit to provide a long option if it was needed. as it was he just stood there like a lemon. i like RM and i'm not unhappy with how we are playing, but he should have changed things sooner. I'm sure that once our strikers bag a couple and get their peckers up, we'll start lookind more deadly. In the mean time he has to have a word with mirallas, boot assie up the arse and get barkley to get his head up bit. i'm sure RM will get better too as the season goes on.

Yeh I do agree with that. I thought he should have been on about 10ish mins earlier. I dont really want Fellaini to play further up the pitch but I certainly think he should make more effort to get into the box, which in fairness he did.

A lot of the problems with the slow build up are still due to poor positioning imo. There were a couple of times, where Baines has the ball near the half-way line in our half and he has options only in front of him or the back pass to Distin. Pienaar was in front of him down the touchline, which is basically a pass that is hardly ever gonna be on and if it is Pienaar isn't going to be able to do much with it. Fellaini was next to Pienaar and he too had a defender on his back. Osman was too far away, so Baines past to Distin again. He then takes two touches to pass it to Osman next to him, he takes two touches to pass it to Jagielka next to him, he takes two touches to pass it to Coleman, etc. Baines simply needs more options and there should be about 10 yards between everyone. He was often lacking a simple pass to his right, there was no one in that area. Preferably Osman should have been there.

It was noticeable from the first couple of passes that the movement was non existent and in truth its only really Barkley that does move in that midfield 3.

It was noticeable on Weds with Heitinga that he was always offering an option to pass and that he was actually hitting his passes with purpose (ie none of this lazy slow passing that comes from Osman). Im guessing Barry will now come in and do that job but if for some reason we dont get reinforcements then I would probably give Heitinga a go.

Yeh I do agree with that. I thought he should have been on about 10ish mins earlier. I dont really want Fellaini to play further up the pitch but I certainly think he should make more effort to get into the box, which in fairness he did.

It was noticeable from the first couple of passes that the movement was non existent and in truth its only really Barkley that does move in that midfield 3.

It was noticeable on Weds with Heitinga that he was always offering an option to pass and that he was actually hitting his passes with purpose (ie none of this lazy slow passing that comes from Osman). Im guessing Barry will now come in and do that job but if for some reason we dont get reinforcements then I would probably give Heitinga a go.

It's also not just that there's not enough movement, it's also that they move into the wrong areas when they do.

I'm struggling to find anything positive to say after sitting through that if I'm honest.

We looked so devoid of ideas in attack. It was painful to watch, it really was. I lost count of the amount of times I sighed or simply rested my chin on the palm of my hand watching us labour in attack. The movement was horrendously bad from the majority of our players. There was very little attempt from them to even try and lose their man, so whoever was in possession didn't have a ball on to play, or they'd have to play it and then the player receiving the ball would instantly be under pressure and the attack would either come to nothing or we'd lose the ball. It was because of that lack of movement that we were unable to play faster, which is what you need when up against a side that are just sitting back like Cardiff were. But due to our crapness everything just became so predictable; pass, pass, pass get it out wide and hope something happens. It was like watching us from last season. NOTHING HAS CHANGED! If you're always going to look to get it out wide and get a cross in then you've got to get people in the box, but we even failed to do that.

Martinez needs to take some criticism today as well. Deulofeu showed in his 5 minutes (fuckinghell, is Moyes still our manager?!) on the pitch that he really should have been on longer. In that brief period he actually ran at the opposition and put a ridiculously dangerous ball across the 6 yard box. If he'd been on for so, say, 10 or 15 minutes longer then he could have created another 2 or 3 chances at least and we'd have had more of a chance of winning the game. We were going absolutely nowhere for much of the second half, so why not throw him on and see what happens? A point away at Cardiff would have been a good result if we hadn't messed up the previous two games, but the onus was on us to win this, we needed the three points today.

Howard - Not a lot to do (again).

Coleman - Disappointing. We've become used to him being a threat but I barely noticed him in the first half, and whenever he was involved during the game you just felt it was all going to come to nothing.

Jagielka - Had one poor moment of defending when he was put on his arse, but mostly solid.

Distin - As ever he recovered a few situations for us with his pace and also had a solid game.

Baines - Should have had a penalty and was always looking to get forward. I don't think he looked great defensively though.

Mirallas - Another worrying performance from him. He looked woefully out of form and severely lacking in confidence. I never felt at any point when he went at a player that he was going to beat him.

Fellaini - Not good or bad really. I can't recall anything of note.

Osman - Another "he was there" performance. He really offered nothing.

Pienaar - A typical Pienaar performance; inconsistent. He did a few good things and a few things that left you wanting to strangle him.

Barkley - Not his best game but he was the only one willing to drive forward with the ball, to try and make something happen.

Jelavic - I thought he started off quite well and did work well for the team but he just disappeared into nothingness and he should have at least tested the keeper after Barkley had played him in with a perfect ball. Why the fuck not hit it with his left?! He needs to do far more if he's going to keep Kone or another out of the side.

We have played 3 teams happy to get a point, early on in the season. I actually think having "lower" expectation teams early in the season ain't good. They will fight just tooth and nail not to concede.

We need to improve in the final third though.

I don't get that expression. A pitch has 2 halves, so surely it would need to be the final quarter. ?

Just got back from the game, 3rd league game we should have won, all the possession but the lack of punch and end product

is a worry. First half fellaini played more like a centre half never seen him sit so deep, Again Barkley our most likely player

always wants the ball, does,nt hide or shirk, other than him thought Distin had a good game,and him and jags mostly solid.

But the ball went through our midfield too often.

Trouble is too many of our players not firing yet. Mirallas, Pienaar and Ossie the main culprits. whats up with Mirallas ?

on the fringes of everything, looking out of sorts. Not many teams will give us the freedom of the pitch like Cardiff

and we lacked that killer touch all game, really thought Kone might snatch it at the death. It is frustrating and I shudder to think

what would happen if Baines and Felli go. Under Walter Smith we had this similar lack of cohesion, although Walter was far more

negative.

At least we have,nt lost, but Norwich, WBA and Cardiff should have been beaten. My plus point was I managed to get in with our

wonderful fans after all. managed to get an away ticket and sort the Cardiff one I first had.

We are all worried and a bit disheartened at the moment but don't let the negatives obsess us. must try and stay positive

and hope things turn for us. One good win is the tonic needed. The great support this club has will always be there.

This post is a jaded one also, im knackered from racing through Cardiff for my train, not a young man anymore

early night calling, but I was there to support my lads, and the great company of Evertonians made it not a wholly bad day.

Rub of the green, one foot or head in the right place and we might turn around.

Come on blues, come on Roberto we are behind you. And a poor performance off me post wise also.

What a bunch of dickheads on this forum... Why is anybody giving RM shit. He has improved our style of play considerbly and he has sent out a very attack minded side. It's the ten outfield players who are too scared to have a shot..... Unbeaten this season and still in all cup competitions. Every cloud.......didn't think I'd be hearing so much negativity towards the guy after three games.

Yet another bore draw!

Its hard to see where our first win is going to come from at the moment, I really dont fancy us next week against Chelsea, but I suppose its to be expected . Think it is a bit like The Shite under Rodgers last year where they had plenty of possesion but never did anything with it. It all reminds me of the Mike Walker era at the moment where we could make 50 passes in our own half then lose the ball and concede a goal, lets hope it turns out better than that shite!

Another dire performance from Kone but again I suppose its a bit early to judge him at the moment

Its not Roberto, we just have some players off colour for want of a better description. that's the problem and most of us know it. But you are right about the every

cloud bit Brett, perhaps our hopes of a flying start were too unrealistic or a touch naïve. People posting positive or negative are only showing they care.

clean sheet, Cardiff at home parking the bus so a frustrating to difficult to break down - Stats not to dissimilar to Cardiff - Man City game last week.

if dominating a game so much it would have been good to see Gerry get more than 5 mins though and really try and take all three points

Three games, three draws. Not the worst of starts and of course you've got the whole 'unbeaten' issue, and if you look at the opposition we have hitherto played up until tonight, on paper at least, it's not such so bad a return.

I didn't expect us to win at Norwich - we didn't. Thought WBA could prove difficult and maybe even get away from Merseyside with a point - they did. Did however thought we could get a win at Cardiff today, but by the same token, would have been no surprise if they managed a share of the spoils - see todays result.

I can't bring myself to castigate Martinez either at such a short stage of his tenure. Say again he wasn't the name I wanted, but look at things, it's still early days, and we have created chances and could have won any and all of the games, and there were few individuals on these pages who must have been expecting overnight successes or great things a little too early.

On paper, a draw at an awkward venue such as Cardiff City isn't such a bad return. Granted we may of have created chances, play was disappointing sometimes, or there remains a hangover from the Moyes tenure, but it's far too premature to be making proper judgments.

What kind of response did Martinez recieve from the home crowd today with regards to his Swansea City associations incidentally.

It's a reflection of our squad strength that players underperforming are keeping their places. The strikers are suffering as a result.

Also, we need to draw them out of their box. Everybody we've played so far has defended in numbers, and we don't have the quality to break them down. Let them have the ball and wait for the counter etc.

Lets be honest Moyes has had worse starts to season without anywhere near the possession and style of play we have had. Plus he never had some tit trying to sign and unsettle his two best players. Ha ha see what I did there.

I actually think if we had a start of let's say:- Sunderland, west ham, Newcastle we would have 9 points. Those teams wouldn't be content with a draw, we have had to play for me the worst team you want to face = Those who believe every draw against top half is a step near survival.

My concerns aren't necessarily with the manager although he is responsible for addressing them. Mirallas, Osman, jelavic need sorting. I mean sorting.

I would like to see Barry come in and displace Osman, I think we desperately need Gibson fit. If we sell felli then I expect to see McCarthy and a striker come in.

The sale of Fellaini and replacing with McCarthy would make sound sense. Our tempo is way off. McCarthy is a one, two touch player. It's either get with it or get off for the other players.

Today I seen a 60% effort from Fellaini. Maybe I was looking for signs from him. I feel baines genuinely loves us and leaves his issues in the changing room. He looked angry at the draw.

yes Matt that is true but looking at it differently Martinez has achieved in his 1st season what Moyes could only do twice in 11 seasons -

that is being unbeaten after 3 games -

in 4 of Moyes's 11 seasons we lost 2 of our 3 first games -

I am not saying Martinez is great but the media and some posters try very hard to make Moyes look better than he actually was while at the same time they are running down Martinez at every opportunity

Lets not throw the baby out with the dish water. I think in all games we are one good finish or a penalty decision away from a win. In all honesty I do think the penetration is poor but the fact we have had two clean sheets when we all said defence was the worry we can take as a positive.

I actually think some experience like Barry maybe good for the midfield. I do think ossie is good enough and he was better last season but he is not really fit in that system unless he plays the Barkley role. Not that I can think of one but we need a player like arteta to sit next felli and dictate play. I don't think gibbo is creative enough for that.

yes Memmaclub I agree - we have bossed all 3 games so far - and with a little bit of luck we could and should have won all 3 -

we are trying hard but our midfield has not mastered the art of creative build up yet -

Osman spends way too much time on the ball and then delivers a neutral or negative pass (ala Neville)-

he needs to be replaced urgently by someone like Barry -

we had enough time for a plan B andC when it became clear Cardiff came to park the red bus -

Jelavic is unfortunately history - no speed , no legs , little ball skill but worst of all no strike - out and out poacher playing wide = useless -

Martinez should have tried harder to win that game -

Osman and Jela should have been subbed earlier and a third sub should have been thrown in there towards the end - just not Naismith