IGNORED

Fernando Francisco Reges

It would be a shame for McCarthy if he gets stuck playing Championship football. Like Haf said, he has one suitor, he is way too good for the Championship, I doubt he'll be a happy camper if he doesn't get a move today.

Its the same as us keeping Felli.... there would be no point nor value to the team. Head is elsewhere, best get what you can and get a new player in - i'm certain they will have a list that coyle wants to pick from.

I think up to now Bill and co have played this market well. Don't faint...

1. 1810:_57742020_phil_mcnulty_bw122x110.jpg

BBC Sport's Chief Football Writer Phil McNultyEVERTON LATEST

"Sounds like Everton manager Roberto Martinez's journey to a work permit hearing to plead the case for Porto's midfield man Fernando was wasted. The word out of Portugal is that there will be no deal - a deal which also dependent on Marouane Fellaini completing his move to Manchester United."

arse - sound like this was fairly close to happening and would have been a great deal for us. As long as we don't still sell Fallaini and get nobody it's not the end of the world.

Hate it when a last minute deal like this hits the skids as there is unlikley to be time to broker any other deal.

arse - sound like this was fairly close to happening and would have been a great deal for us. As long as we don't still sell Fallaini and get nobody it's not the end of the world.

Hate it when a last minute deal like this hits the skids as there is unlikley to be time to broker any other deal.

I wonder if the board could do something to keep this from happening every single time.....