IGNORED

Fernando Francisco Reges

Guest blueboy122

By a year though... Hardly Gareth pensioner Barry. By all accounts he is twice the player McCarthy is so for the sake of lowering the squad age average by the odd year I would rather have a far more accomplished player

If he is at a work permit hearing, that means he doesn't have an EU (Portugese) passport.. also on a side note, he can only play for Brazil as he played for the Brazil U20s before he had a Portuguese passport.

Mr Technicality, shut the hell up. We're dreaming here.

Explain all the boring bits AFTER the deadline when he didn't move....

:P

You are missing my point. A 26 year old is at or near peak value, 3-5 years from now he won't be worth as much. Essentially, we will most likely lose money on this players transfer fees. If one wants to make money off of a player, they need to be in the market for 18-24ish year olds.

You are missing my point. A 26 year old is at or near peak value, 3-5 years from now he won't be worth as much. Essentially, we will most likely lose money on this players transfer fees. If one wants to make money off of a player, they need to be in the market for 18-24ish year olds.

I understand your point. I'm poo-pooing your point.

He's better than Fellaini....for less.

I'd rather we be in the business of adding players who will get us into European Football than in the business of making stock investments.

to be fair, we need someone in the midfield to make an instant impact if/when Felli goes rather than bring in a youngster to develop. Understand what you mean, but we cant afford not to buy him, if that makes sense.

Guest blueboy122

Exactly we aren't a feeder club for god sake.

Do you think Spurs thought the same when they bough Soldado?

If he does the business then who cares as he could be the key to breaking the top 4 attracting other players etc.

We need to add quality players and stop thinking about buying to sell. We can make millions if we reach europe and have a decent run and this should be our target.

This guy is worth more than 15 million and would be a good addition to our squad.

Though it's not gonna happen!

There seems to be a high spirit on the forum though, although we all feel it's BS! Maybe something is in the air and we may get lucky?

Imagine if we hear this comes through along with Mcarthy and then the Felli deal falls through! that would be a serious transfer window. An absolute solid midfield that would boss any team. Surely one of our numpty strikers can score a goal or two then.

Based on tens coments and many others we are getting a £30m player for £15m at the grand old age of....26. After 4 years we could probably recoup the majority of that money based on Baines being worth in excess of £10m at 29.... I really wouldn't worry too much mate.

Imagine if we hear this comes through along with Mcarthy and then the Felli deal falls through! that would be a serious transfer window. An absolute solid midfield that would boss any team. Surely one of our numpty strikers can score a goal or two then.

And a monstrously increased debt level.

hows that? 70k a week off the books if Felli leaves, wont be much more for 2 players coming in, surely?

Guest blueboy122

hows that? 70k a week off the books if Felli leaves, wont be much more for 2 players coming in, surely?

He meant if we didn't get the Fellani deal done

:doh:

Looks like he's moved in front of McCarthy in the pecking order. Whelan asking too much. Really hope this one comes off.

Whelan needs to get real. If this comes off and we enter 9pm without signing McCarthy then whelan knows they will have an unhappy player - he has no other suitors for James so in reality he will need to accept what we are offering - especially if coyle has signings lined up.

Apparently Coyles style is bypassing mccarthy, who looks a little lost.