IGNORED

Fernando Francisco Reges

it's

I can accept it once, maybe twice, but how can they not fucking learn?!

I surpose it happens at losts of clubs one way or another, last day deals falling though. just sucks more when its your own club and you remember it more.

It could be that the player had a change of heart, as it sounds like a fair bit of effort was put in by Everton on this deal today.

Ideally get deals done early, but we all know a lot of the deals can't be done until today due to the buying and selling domino effect.

stay or go Fellini deal will be very interesting - historically Fellini or Baines would have gone, replacement or not. although Barry may be a back up to not getting Fernando as a like for like Fellini.

• 1 month later...

depending on the price, Id be disappointed to see us going for another midfielder. We should be getting every penny for a striker of Lukakus pedigree and taking Barry on a free.

I fully agree with what your saying Matt but strikers need players with the ability and inelegance to supply them and create chances and with Osman being well below par for some time and getting slightly longer in the tooth I feel We do actually need a player of his type another creative spark to allow Barkley more freedom.

The chances of signing Lukaku are slim to none sadly and to find a player of similar ability your looking at silly money, We'd need RM to pull a masterstroke off by buying a diamond in the rough with the money we are likely to have at our disposal even though the price quoted for this chap is high.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I fully agree with what your saying Matt but strikers need players with the ability and inelegance to supply them and create chances and with Osman being well below par for some time and getting slightly longer in the tooth I feel We do actually need a player of his type another creative spark to allow Barkley more freedom.

The chances of signing Lukaku are slim to none sadly and to find a player of similar ability your looking at silly money, We'd need RM to pull a masterstroke off by buying a diamond in the rough with the money we are likely to have at our disposal even though the price quoted for this chap is high.

I don't know. Maybe not at Lukaku's level, but guys like Bent and Benteke and Michu didn't go for ridiculous prices. There are talented young strikers out there for the taking. Just need the right scouting and a bit of luck.

For us to buy a 20 goal a season striker we would have to buy a striker with zero track record and get lucky, as if they are banging the goals in we can't afford to buy them. For me, it's that simple. We probably sold a 20 goal striker when we sold Vic, as had he been number 1 for 38 games who knows.

For us to buy a 20 goal a season striker we would have to buy a striker with zero track record and get lucky, as if they are banging the goals in we can't afford to buy them. For me, it's that simple. We probably sold a 20 goal striker when we sold Vic, as had he been number 1 for 38 games who knows.

I agree with this right until the bit about Vic. You'd probably get 12-15 out of him in an exceptional season.

I don't know. Maybe not at Lukaku's level, but guys like Bent and Benteke and Michu didn't go for ridiculous prices. There are talented young strikers out there for the taking. Just need the right scouting and a bit of luck.

We'd need RM to pull a masterstroke off by buying a diamond in the rough with the money we are likely to have at our disposal even though the price quoted for this chap is high.

• 2 months later...