IGNORED

Chelsea (Home)

Memmaclub

Silly me, thought 'good result today... Good performance.... Think I'll watch Match of the Day and see what they reckon'.

One eyed highlights at best. Looked like only one team played. No footage of the cynical challenges by the Chelsea players to stop us breaking, but what looked like a procession of chances for them.

Didn't quite reflect the game I thought I watched.

Silly me, thought 'good result today... Good performance.... Think I'll watch Match of the Day and see what they reckon'.

One eyed highlights at best. Looked like only one team played. No footage of the cynical challenges by the Chelsea players to stop us breaking, but what looked like a procession of chances for them.

Didn't quite reflect the game I thought I watched.

It's the same every time we play a supposed top 4 team. I watched MOTD and I really wanted to see the foul on Mirallas by Luiz again but typically it was edited. Still at least they were adamant that they shouldn't of got a penalty.Plus Mourino wasn't very gracious in defeat!

It's the same every time we play a supposed top 4 team. I watched MOTD and I really wanted to see the foul on Mirallas by Luiz again but typically it was edited. Still at least they were adamant that they shouldn't of got a penalty.Plus Mourino wasn't very gracious in defeat!

It is like that for teams we play against as well. There has been times where I have watched MOTD and thought flipping heck they are flattering Everton here and then there is other times where it looks like we haven't had a shot in the game...It is swings and roundabouts on MOTD.

My thoughts. Chelsea certainly missed a bagful of chances which I think is to be expected with such an array of creative talent. The Happy One did us a favour with his team selection I thought. Yes we rode our luck but we also defended brilliantly at times too.

Barry the star performer for me - but Osman finished the game buzzing after an erratic start and we had a number of other who were on top of their game defensively.

Flicked through a number of other Everton fan sites this morning and the negative attention has now turned from Roberto to McCarthy < after watching him for twenty minutes> We really do have some wabs among our support.

My thoughts. Chelsea certainly missed a bagful of chances which I think is to be expected with such an array of creative talent. The Happy One did us a favour with his team selection I thought. Yes we rode our luck but we also defended brilliantly at times too.

Barry the star performer for me - but Osman finished the game buzzing after an erratic start and we had a number of other who were on top of their game defensively.

Flicked through a number of other Everton fan sites this morning and the negative attention has now turned from Roberto to McCarthy < after watching him for twenty minutes> We really do have some wabs among our support.

Roberto to mccarthy? what do you mean? Criticism?

I mean all the negativity towards Martinez has been put on hold for the moment and tranferred to McCarthy. Could some of these whoppers not give the boy ten games or so before making a judgement?

I mean all the negativity towards Martinez has been put on hold for the moment and tranferred to McCarthy. Could some of these whoppers not give the boy ten games or so before making a judgement?

Really??? I thought McCarthy added a fair amount of midfield pressure, prescence and relief for the players with that ball alaways ready to receive it etc.

What forum have you seen this on?

i've made my thoughts known, can't be doing with this "let's slate the new boy" - fair play i've been guilty regards Naismith but in all fairness its been a balanced opinion.

Naismith was on a free though, so criticism should come quicker and easier. Granted he came back from an injury last season that takes a while to recover from, but all the same, he needs to do what he did on Saturday and work his tits off because that's the only way he'll stay in the frame. McCarthy on the other hand, is a young player we spent a chunk of change on with a view to being an important midfielder for us in the future. He should have a good dozen games at getting into the team and showing what he can do before he gets any cynicism or criticism from fans imo.

Plus, I think McCarthy, Barkley and Barry could give us an incredible balance in midfield and make our passing game not just more fluent but also faster and more incisive.

How could Gareth Barry not be in Garth Crooks' Team of the Week? :o

Espn has 3 Everton players in their TOTW. Barry, Coleman and Naismith.

http://espnfc.com/columns/story/_/id/1554025/premier-league-team-weekend-september-15-2013?cc=3436

Although, one of the panel picked Howard which is a bit baffling.

Edited by Mike21

It's amazing how different a game can appear when you only watch the highlights. The MOTD highlights were already mentioned, but it's also true of the extended highlights shown at EvertonTV. Barry doesn't seem special at all whereas Osman appears awesome. It's a pity we're becoming such an instant society, with players being assessed from 30-minute YouTube videos and audiences being duped to some extent by watching carefully edited highlights. It's rather unfair on the 'graft' players.

It's amazing how different a game can appear when you only watch the highlights. The MOTD highlights were already mentioned, but it's also true of the extended highlights shown at EvertonTV. Barry doesn't seem special at all whereas Osman appears awesome. It's a pity we're becoming such an instant society, with players being assessed from 30-minute YouTube videos and audiences being duped to some extent by watching carefully edited highlights. It's rather unfair on the 'graft' players.

This. I got into a debate with another Everton fan who doesn't rate Gibson.... Most kids where I'm from (USA) who claim to like football only care about wingers with a bag full of crazy tricks... Brazilian YouTube sensations basically.

This. I got into a debate with another Everton fan who doesn't rate Gibson.... Most kids where I'm from (USA) who claim to like football only care about wingers with a bag full of crazy tricks... Brazilian YouTube sensations basically.

I see the same, Quinn. It's all about the Ronaldos, Messis, or any player who scores a load of goals. No one cares about the defensive anchor or behind-the-scenes playmakers. It's a shame.