IGNORED

Chelsea (Home)

Memmaclub

In terms of selection, same back 5, barry barkley mccarthy mirallas pienaar and kone.

I get the feeling this will be a tight game, we'll do well not to concede but I think we will. That ebing said I also think we'll grab a goal. I cant really see past a 1-1 draw for this one. Which is fine, we could really do with winning, but not losing in our first 4 games is still decent.

Osman should be nowhere near the starting line up, he has looked shot for the majority of the past year.

In terms of a metaphor his England cap was like a Salmon making it to the top of the waterfall and laying it's eggs, after that has been achieved it ain't to pretty.

A centre midfield of McCarthy & Barry with Barkley behind Kone is what I would go with. Kev on the right, Pienaar on the left. Gerry should deffo get some game time if one of those two ain't at the races.

I think we will see Barry, Barkley, and Osman start in midfield. McCarthy will get a cameo. Osman shouldn't be starting, no. But McCarthy and Barry haven't had any time to practice with our squad. Barry is a safer bet to slot right in though. After this week, I'd be surprised to see Osman start unless Barkley needs a rest or we have injury issues.

I expect the back 4 to remain the same. And I expect to see Peanuts, Jelly and Mirallas up front.

Edited by JoeQuince

Ive been debating this in my head all day, and I have a gut feeling he wont start both McCarthy and Barry together

one of them will be on the bench. Hasten to add just a feeling ive got and I hope im wrong.

With the standard of opposition will RM go with a whole new centre midfield from the off. The Question for me is whether he has

lost faith in Ossie like the fans or will he bear with him looking for the response new competition brings.

Just don't think its as cut and dried as many seem to think.

More than anything if we lose this fixture I hope the doom and gloom brigade are,nt out with sharpened knives.

Even at our best we have a hard time versus Chelsea and even another draw would not be a bad result

and I hope Mourinho is still daft enough to leave class like Juan Mata on the bench.

A win would be awesome and a fantastic boost but a defeat here would not send me into panic. The oldest of clichés

but I believe one slice of luck or skill and off we go.

I hope I don't put "the commentators curse" on this one - but I have a sneaky feeling we might just pip Chelsea at the post with a little luck on our side -

in the bigger scheme of things Chelsea can do with a loss and we can certainly do with a win -

but as said coming second will not be the end of the world - it is how we come second that matters should that happen -

may the post , the ref and lady luck all be on our side on Saturday ! Barry and Kone could be the key to an upset.

Ive been debating this in my head all day, and I have a gut feeling he wont start both McCarthy and Barry together

one of them will be on the bench. Hasten to add just a feeling ive got and I hope im wrong.

This is supported by McCarthy's comment in today's article by the BBC in which he stated that he won't walk right into the team but will take time to earn his way there.

So does this mean that Osman plays? I hope not. Is Gibson back to full fitness?

Good to get back to domestics after some recent boring fucking international games I could care little for, but can actually see another draw here. That will be four on the bounce for Martinez and should see us in lower mid table by end of game.

One of the opposition sides I hate most, so would be outstanding to get a first win against those -

Being at Goodison Park at least gives us a fighting chance, so see no reason why we can't take a share of something from the day.

Feeling a 1 - 1 or 2 - 2 score draw from this. I hope the authors negativity for the clubs endeavors doesn't bite us on the ass for this occasion.

I agree Osman has been poor last few games - but in his defense maybe a rest has done him good? We're not there to see the form of the players on the training pitch so I won't be surprised if RM sticks with Osman at least for the first half. Barry would probably start and McCarthy a sub. Don't think Gibson is match fit yet. I'm more concerned about our strikers. Lukaku can't play, so do we go Jelavic or Kone?

Surprisingly we've kept 6 home clean sheets in a row at the moment (including last season) and haven't lost at home since we last lost to Chelsea.

I think we will miss Fellaini a bit here and his ability to win the ball in the middle. Hopefully Barry can take over well but he certainly doesn't have the same kind of dominance on the pitch and importantly we will be lacking pace in that area which could be dangerous.

I fancy a likely 1-1 score line.

Hopefully we can knick a 2nd though.

Should be a cracking game. Unfortunately for me I am delivering pizzas on satuday from five o'clock. I will listen to it on the radio in the car and watch a recording. A draw would be a great result but a win would kick start the season. I absolutely loathe Mourinho. Ideally we win and he is hit in the nads with a misplaced clearance.

This is the line up I would want for the Everton vs Chelsea game.

Howard

Coleman, Jags, Distin, Baines

Mirallas, Barry , Gibson ,Pienaar

Barkley

Kone

I want to play a defensive style of football, possession and get them on the counter. Lets try and beat Chelsea at there own game... Does Martinez have a good record against Chelsea?

This is the line up I would want for the Everton vs Chelsea game.

Howard

Coleman, Jags, Distin, Baines

Mirallas, Barry , Gibson ,Pienaar

Barkley

Kone

I want to play a defensive style of football, possession and get them on the counter. Lets try and beat Chelsea at there own game... Does Martinez have a good record against Chelsea?

Gibson's out.

1 win and 1 draw for Wigan at home to Chelsea, 6 defeats (2 at home) including an 8-0 away defeat and 6-0 home defeat. last season they lost 2-0 home and 4-1 away.