IGNORED

Chelsea (Home)

Memmaclub

i'm hoping for a draw, would really like a win, but just don't want the loss.

howard

coleman jags distin baines

barry mccarthy

mirallas barkley pienaar

kone

that's what i'm hoping for. i really don't want to see osman or jelavic. put vellios on there for all i care, i'm done with jella.

I think this is our best possible line-up. Throw Lukaku in there after the Chelsea game, and we have one scary team.

Osman won't sit out of this game, i'm pretty certain of that.

I don't think he'll do 90 minutes though and that McCarthy will replace him. I think it'll be a Barry/Gibson straight swap being the only change from the starting 11 against Cardiff. Kone being the only possible alternative.

This is what I expect;

24 Howard

03 Baines

06 Jagielka

15 Distin

23 Coleman

11 Mirallas

20 Barkley

18 Barry

21 Osman (16 McCarthy)

22 Pienaar (10 Deulofeu)

07 Jelavic (9 Kone)

I'd be surprised if Deulofeu started against Chelsea (he still has mistakes in his game) even though I would like to see him from the start.

We play West Ham next week, I think we'll definitely see Deulofeu start against them and I think Lukaku will too. Deulofeu's crossing ability, being met by the 'Monster in the Box' Lukaku, I think could work really well. Lukaku is a predator (and looks like one too, see illustration below) and he'll benefit from Deulofeu's supply around the 6 yard area.

Romelu-Lukaku_2883626.jpg

2013-07-15-predator.jpg

I think we'll lose this one unfortunately, but I think we'll give a good account of ourselves. I think Mourinho will sit back again and try to counter, and I really think we'll have all the possession and chances, without being able to finish them.

It'll be a good game. Looking forward to it!

Martinez is too much of an honourable and fair man to drop Osman the second he gets 2 new midfielders. We seen this with Jelavic at the start of the season, I would have had Kone on straight away but to do that would have sent out the wrong message to the team the message being "wait for your chance" "your chance will come when the person holding the batton doesnt perform".

Osman really does need to have a big game tomorrow, the temptation will be to get Barry or McCarthy on there as soon as possible.

I think we are in for a big entertaining game tomorrow and I am looking forward to it.

oh i have no criticism really of osman playing lately..cos we had no one else like you say...we now have someone..granted we lost one too..but the players are there now..anything is better than what osman has been serving up lately..i just don't think that position works for him

My ranking of central playing midfielders is as follows:-

• Barkley
  • McCarthy (based on what I have seen from his attributes)
  • Gibson
  • Barry (again as above for McCarthy)
  • Osman

<p>

Osman won't sit out of this game, i'm pretty certain of that.

I don't think he'll do 90 minutes though and that McCarthy will replace him. I think it'll be a Barry/Gibson straight swap being the only change from the starting 11 against Cardiff. Kone being the only possible alternative.

Finally, some sanity!

I understand osman has been playing bad of late but only a few months ago he was being called up for England and was our most consistant player on the pitch. Can't go bad overnight. I just think if this was Barkley, we would be crying out for him to have more games rather than pulling him out. On the same hand people are saying heitinga has been poor due to his confidence being knocked and in the need for a proper run in the side. Just think we shouldnt judge him too quickly. He is also trying to adapt to a new style like everyone else.

I agree that there are more prolific players in a more advanced role (ie) Barkley, especially cause he has a shot in him. I would agree that osman is now a good squad player rather than a definite first teamer. Just think people are getting ahead of themselves with the home new evolution thing. Think cause he's an old head he is now too easily overlooked.

I think ossie is plain and simple going through the physical decline, he was never blessed in that regard but he has as far as I'm concerned lost a wee bit from his legs. He gets caught up easy and nudged off the ball.

It's not like he's lost form as such, he's just physically not there. A great pro and top everton servant, I feel he is a last 20 minutes man.