IGNORED

West aaaaaaaam

Finn balor

Agree and disagree. I think it was a master stroke to keep the same team that beat Chelsea. In this way RM has made sure all the players know that if you put in a cracking performance and get a win you will start next game. I'm sure RM knew that it wasn't his strongest starting line up but by going behind he could make changes and the players coming off couldn't complain. In addition to this turning a loss into a win will give the players confidence in RM as manager and mean he can change the next starting line ups with little complaint from the players losing their start. Loving RM.

Yes... agree with you here. Jelavic, Naismith, and Osman can't start the next game. Dare I say Jags and Barkley (To give him a rest) need to be benched too?! Too many changes that would be though.

Must admit I was a little bit disappointed with the starting line-up and that first half pretty much confirmed what I was worried about. We were slow, we couldnt get the ball up the field and keep hold of it and defensively (ie Jags) we were a bit lacklustre.

Thank God Martinez saw his error and changed it up. Lukaku gave us strength and dynamism up front. Both him and Kone make an effort to pull off the defender so they can receive a pass but Jelavic just stands there waiting for it to come to him. He wouldnt see the first team for a while if I was in charge.

I think the impact of McCarthy was also a little bit underrated. His energy and persistence in the middle of the park was sorely needed and while he was a little naive for the penalty, he shouldnt have been put in that position to start with. Oviedo also came on and did well. Nothing spectacular but him and Baines did well and he could have had a goal had Mirallas cut it back to him at the end.

All three of these changes made us a completely different side. Much more agressive, quicker in terms of passing speed and running speed. The West Ham defenders were pissing it and with a bit more clinicism we could have scored a couple more from open play. It wasnt to be but Bainesy stepped up with two excellent free kicks. The second one was unbelievable but the good work from Ross in the build up to both goals should be underestimated.

Finally it was great to see Lukaku grab a goal with a very brave header. He took a clattering for it but the movement and his ability to find space (throughout the game) made it much easier for Mirallas to pick him out. The link up play between those two and Barkley was impressive and I cant wait to see them rip into more teams together.

Overall, we werent at our best but second half we stepped up and showed what we have to do week in week out. So far we havent really clicked completely (which is to be expected at this stage) but we are unbeaten, we have generally looked difficult to break down and we have played some nice football too. Roll on Fulham!

Guest blueboy122

Anybody else think Nolan took a dive for the penalty. To me thats simulation and he should have been booked. He went down with no contact or a brush if any, that to me doesnt constitute a penalty its a contact sport and you will be touched but it doesnt means its a foul. It as if you cant touch a player in the area anymore as its seen as a foul.

Anybody else think Nolan took a dive for the penalty. To me thats simulation and he should have been booked. He went down with no contact or a brush if any, that to me doesnt constitute a penalty its a contact sport and you will be touched but it doesnt means its a foul. It as if you cant touch a player in the area anymore as its seen as a foul.

No I thought it was a stone wall pen to be honest

Only caught the second half last night coming back from a 21st. Turned on the telli and saw Oviedo, Lukaku, Mirallas and Barkley all leading the attack with McCarthy and Barry in the middle, I almost came in my pants. Realised some half time substitutions were made, but that made it all the better, something we wouldn't dream of with Moyes.

Far less of a pen than baines against Cardiff. I think it was a 50/50 pen. The leg he made contact with had no reason to impact mccarthys. McCarthy had his foot lifted not outstretched, basically Nolan looked for it and got it.

Both stone wall pens IMO

Nolan may well have been looking for it but McCarthy duly obliged and as Bailey says Id be very disappointed if it had been the other way around and we didn't get it

Far less of a pen than baines against Cardiff. I think it was a 50/50 pen. The leg he made contact with had no reason to impact mccarthys. McCarthy had his foot lifted not outstretched, basically Nolan looked for it and got it.

what has that got to do with it?

it was clumsy...maybe he was overexcited..it happens...as long as martinez doesn't drop him for 18 months you have no reason to complain

Hey guys, I'm a new guy here. To bo honest my fav team is United since I was kid (hah maybe because it was only team (with real madrid) showed in Poland TV when I was kid. But it is always pleasure to watch Everton playing. The match was full of emotions and passion. Lukaku seems to be Everton solution as central striker.

Anyway I came here to ask you guys, cause I failed in research, What kind of boots Baines was wearing against West Ham (I mean exact model or model from which serie) ?

Ps. Sorry for the english -,-

Edited by badi

Nolan had his head turned to look at the ref before he even hit the deck. Clever from him. They offered very little and scored a hugely deflected goal. Big Sam also made a tool out of himself with his comments about Noble "getting the ball" in the sending off incident. Phil Mitchell made the right call there.

Edited by weebittight

Hey guys, I'm a new guy here. To bo honest my fav team is United since I was kid (hah maybe because it was only team (with real madrid) showed in Poland TV when I was kid. But it is always pleasure to watch Everton playing. The match was full of emotions and passion. Lukaku seems to be Everton solution as central striker.

Anyway I came here to ask you guys, cause I failed in research, What kind of boots Baines was wearing against West Ham (I mean exact model or model from which serie) ?

You know those advertisements that say you'll be as good as the superstars if you wear those boots are all full of shit right? :rofl:

Adidas F50 adizero. Guaranteed to turn every ball you hit into a net buster!

Now cough up mr Adidas, I want my cut!