IGNORED

Next mobile phone

Hafnia

My zx spectrum with football manager was the dogs bollocks.

Little matchstick men kicking a little dot for the ball and it used to make this rrrrrrrrrr noise when it was kicked.

That and urban upstart.

My favourite game on the Mega Drive was Sensible Soccer. Still my favourite football game.

Manic Miner on the Commodore 64 was my favourite. I've mentioned it in the past but the company I worked for back then manufactured a lot of the programmes (on cassette) so we had all the platforms for quality control checks. Since I was the QC boss I pretty much played what I wanted, and took them home in the evening to do some "overtime" :D.

That's a pretty cool number to have.

I loved Manic Miner and Jet Set Wllly. Remember Manic Miner used to have the little pieces of ground that disintegrated when you walked on them and if you weren't quick enough you fell to your doom.

I'm on 4G and still have unlimited data :D. Three is a great network.

I always struggled for coverage with them down south. Internet and phone connection. They were cheaper but I spent half my time trying to resend messages!

Vodafone are very good. Looking to get 4G, but waiting till it's unlimited data and cheaper. What's coverage like now?

I am with Vodafone now and they are excellent. Quick, good signal and reasonably priced. Although given the comments from more local posters to you, you might wanna check their data coverage on the website!

Official everton app. Sky go (you can watch sky sports on your phone wherever you are as long as your subscribed) sky sports score centre (gives you all the scores everywhere all ghe time) for starters anyway. I've got my bankining app, paypal sports yapper bbc weather and all the usual shite.

Depends on your interests really mate.

Official everton app. Sky go (you can watch sky sports on your phone wherever you are as long as your subscribed) sky sports score centre (gives you all the scores everywhere all ghe time) for starters anyway. I've got my bankining app, paypal sports yapper bbc weather and all the usual shite.

Depends on your interests really mate.

Tried Sky Go but get “Sky Go is not supported on rooted Android devices” message.

Need to investigate ways round that, it's the only app I've had a problem with.

• 9 months later...

Gotta say I had 4g for a few days till Vodafone ballsed things up. Awesome. Was getting 28meg speed.

Staying with my HTC one for another year. Nothing out there is worth the upgrade of being tied in for £35 per month for 2 years. Gonna go SIM only on 4g with EE when contract is up.

I know people love iPhone and I won't change their mind, but my android Motorola is £12.50 a month and does all that I need with plenty to spare. I can see no significant advantage in spending 3/4 times as much for a badge. Each to their own :).

That's what I'm on too. I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 6 which will be out of date a few months later more than likely :lol:.

That's exactly what always happens to me. My wife seems to touch lucky and be up for renewal just as the new phone is out, I always end up smack bang in the middle of two :lol:

I tried to repair my wife's smashed iPhone screen.

Apple do their utmost to make things impossible. Took the whole phone apart, New screen in but the connector was too short and snapped.

Had to patch phone up just in order to download the pictures. Stupidly I didn't do that before starting, thankfully all the pictures of my son were downloaded ok.

I would love to see a mobile companies 3 year release plan. My feeling is that the GPU's are going to become ultra efficient = battery life that is longer than 12 hours for moderate to high use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Got a new phone last week so today arranged a sim from Talktalk (as a broadband customer you can get one that gives you 200mins, unlimited texts & 500mb data for free) and phoned Tesco mobile to ask them for an unlock code for my old one. They said, which I'd also read, that it can take seven to twenty days for the code to come through but it just did after about ninety minutes :lol:!

Yeah Mike, I switched from Talk Mobile to 02, all in the same day and kept my own number.

It actually took them a few days to switch my number, and that was staying with the same firm; even though I did it in store and the guy told me it would be virtually immediate. It wasn't so I called customer services a few hours later and they said max twenty four hours. Twenty six hours later I phoned again and it hadn't even been instigated so I was told max twenty four hours from then but probably much quicker. Twenty five hours later I was about to call them again and shout at somebody when it finally transferred :rolleyes:.

The code to unlock the old phone so I can put the new sim in was what was supposed to take much longer.

• 3 years later...

Old thread but I got a new phone today, Motorola G7 Power; does everything other than cook my tea for £10.95 a month. My girls are paying £50/60 a month for the "kudos" of the branding on theirs, madness.

And then they come begging at my door when they've been cut off due to not being able to cover a bill.:mad: