IGNORED

Granit Xhaka

Not trying to rock the boat too much, but just to give some insight:

He was hyped up as a quality youngster prior to his move to the Bundesliga, but the wheels seem to have fallen off a bit since then. From what I've heard it's likely due to having been forced into a deeper midfield role and not really cutting it defensively, having been primarily an attacking mid at Basel.

Would still be a quality young signing if we could snatch him, but I'm not sure where he'd fit in our current midfield with the emergence of Barkley. Might be a potential Pienaar replacement, seeing as how narrow he plays in the LM position these days though.

Edited by Vranny

Would probably be better with Stones behind him.

There's a big difference between being defensively solid for an attacking mid/winger in a 4-2-3-1 formation, than a centre mid in the 4-4-2 formation Monchengladbach usually roll out.

He is naturally left footed however, so playing him on the right could be an interesting option anyway (would also get Mirallas back to his favoured left winger position.

Would probably be better with Stones behind him.

There's a big difference between being defensively solid for an attacking mid/winger in a 4-2-3-1 formation, than a centre mid in the 4-4-2 formation Monchengladbach usually roll out.

He is naturally left footed however, so playing him on the right could be an interesting option anyway (would also get Mirallas back to his favoured left winger position.

It goes to show just how prevalent punning is on here that I took Mike's post as a pun rather than a serious post :(.

It goes to show just how prevalent punning is on here that I took Mike's post as a pun rather than a serious post :(.

dont be too hard on yourself, there are so many puns about and the fault is mine... I get slated for them if that helps, always getting shingled out, but I wont gravel for forgiveness any time soon...

:yay:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...