IGNORED

Moussa Dembele

Guest blueboy122

That'd be a great price. I was expecting it to be at least £15m.

They bought him for around £18M so I would think they would want to get a return on him.

They bought him for around £18M so I would think they would want to get a return on him.

thought it was only 15m because of a clause in his contract?

Anyway, I agree they would want a return. I wonder though, could we get him and Eriksen/Sigurdsson for 25m?

Edited by Matt

Guest blueboy122

I do, but hes one of my favourite players and has been for a few years! How they got him for 12m I dont know...

Same Matt.

Guest blueboy122

How he ended up at Spurs for only £12M is beyond me. He was always rumoured with top teams such as United, Madrid's etc for around £20-£25M

I do, but hes one of my favourite players and has been for a few years! How they got him for 12m I dont know...

He was on the last year of his contract when Spurs picked him up (as was Dembele coincidentally), but I'm still surprised that there wasn't more of a bidding war for him. The deal sort of reminded me of when they picked up Van der Vaart for £8M or something ridiculous! I don't know how they do some of these deals without more fuss...

lets be honest Spurs have a ridiculous amount of options in midfield, they can't keep them all happy.

Exactly... Sandro, Capoue, Paulinho, Bentaleb and Dembele all wants to play in the 2 defensive spots then there's Eriksen, Sigurdsen, Chadli, Holtby, Lamela and Carrol who can all play centrally too - ridiculous options!!!

He may go back to Southampton too for the likes of Lallana, Schniderlin and Wanyama - all midfielders.

They'll definitely be exits at Spurs this summer... Sandro looks likely and hopefully there's truth in the Dembele rumour.

Spurs will be very strong next season regardless.

• 3 months later...

At this point I'd take a straight swap of a mannequin for Ossie. They'd have more movement.

I cannot begin to put into words how furious I am when I see his name on the team sheet. You should have seen me Sundaywhen he didn't sub him. My 7 year old said "Dad you're scaring me stop shouting" :(

Edit... Put Saturday again instead of Sunday . Cake shouted at me last time :woe:

Edited by Paddock

cracking through ball and a couple of decent efforts on target, I want to see this mannequin of yours

That's the thing; he started the game really well and I thought to myself, "ok, Ossie's doing the business today, good call Martinez." But he faded so badly it was embarrassing. How he managed to complete the full game is laughable. Obviously that's not Osman's fault, Martinez should be able to see that when Ossie gets to about 55 minutes he's absolutely done and is more of a hinderence than any sort of help.

I wouldn't be starting him in many games where the opposition will be in our faces, denying us time on the ball (like Palace), because he just can't cope with it. Tonight's game is the sort of game he should start, but no others. I really hope this is his last season as any sort of player for us tbh.

That's the thing; he started the game really well and I thought to myself, "ok, Ossie's doing the business today, good call Martinez." But he faded so badly it was embarrassing. How he managed to complete the full game is laughable. Obviously that's not Osman's fault, Martinez should be able to see that when Ossie gets to about 55 minutes he's absolutely done and is more of a hinderence than any sort of help.

I wouldn't be starting him in many games where the opposition will be in our faces, denying us time on the ball (like Palace), because he just can't cope with it. Tonight's game is the sort of game he should start, but no others. I really hope this is his last season as any sort of player for us tbh.

Exactly, and this is the reason I am defending Ossie a bit. He played well in the first half but should've been taken off, he was flagging before the halftime whistle. He's not match fit and is likely to never be match fit again, so 30-45 mins is the most we can and should expect. Its down to the manager to see and sort this.

As much as I love Osman its a young mans game. Look at Gerrard the other night, over taken by runners every time. All the quality in the world counts for nothing in a position where you need to be athletic enough to support the team.

Dembele is a classy operator and a physically dominant player.

As much as I love Osman its a young mans game. Look at Gerrard the other night, over taken by runners every time. All the quality in the world counts for nothing in a position where you need to be athletic enough to support the team.

Dembele is a classy operator and a physically dominant player.

How does Gareth Barry fit into that then?

I agree for the most part but intelligence and experience can be just as, if not more, important as youth and pace.