IGNORED

Graeme Jones (assistant manager) linked with Swansea managerial position

Europa's a curse. Should avoid at all times.

Personally, never a fan of Laudrup, think he walked into a stable situation, with good foundations. Couldn't mess it up that badly. So, all in all, not that surprised and if I was, it's only because of timing. At worst, wait til the end of the season.

laudrup is a good manager, i don't get this. they have been decimated by injuries (to their best player nonetheless), are out of the relegation zone and are doing well in the Europa league.

Just goes to show how much damage Europa does to teams. Newcastle suffered the same fate.

Season we did best in Europe in recent times (07/08) we finished fifth in the league :).

Season we did best in Europe in recent times (07/08) we finished fifth in the league :).

check and mate, well done. honestly though, i'd be interested to see the stats on teams result in the table the year achieving Europa, and the year while competing in it. wondering if it's just me (likely possibility) or if the majority of the teams (in the EPL) decline.

I get the impression that Laudrup has plans to move on as soon as an offer from a bigger club comes along, while the Swansea chairman has been looking for some assurances for the future but has been unable to establish that Laudrup will be around.

There is also talk that he has been 'remote' from the board recently (he was accused of the same last summer when the transfer window opened, which suggests that they may not see eye to eye over transfer strategy), and there are suggestions of cliques in the squad, none of which is very healthy at a club that seems to be run on a stable basis and lives within its means.

Like it has been mentioned, the Europa League hasnt helped Laudrups position but I think the biggest problem is that he has brought in too many players in such a short space of time trying to bulk out the squad. They have played good football whenever I have seen them play and been unlucky but I have also heard that they have been woeful at times too.

Given that there have always been question marks over his relationship with the board and commitment to the club it doesnt surprise me that he has gone. The impression I get is that the board were prepared to back him and show a commitment but Laudrup wasnt prepared to do the same. Given his profile at his previous clubs it wouldnt surprise me.

Guest blueboy122

I just can't believe they let him buy Ngog and then sacked him.

Strange thing to do let him get players in and then sack him.

I don't think sacking him mid season is a good idea either.

Apparently he was having a break in Paris between last weekend's match and yesterday's meeting, and had allowed the Spanish players to return to Spain for a few days, which seems odd ahead of their massive "six pointer" derby game, but - as noted above - apparently he often missed training sessions and rarely addressed the team before or after games. I've kept half an eye on him since he was linked with us last summer and I'm glad he's not our manager. From the outside looking in, it's seemed that things haven't been right there since the summer.

Guest blueboy122

Apparently he was having a break in Paris between last weekend's match and yesterday's meeting, and had allowed the Spanish players to return to Spain for a few days, which seems odd ahead of their massive "six pointer" derby game, but - as noted above - apparently he often missed training sessions and rarely addressed the team before or after games. I've kept half an eye on him since he was linked with us last summer and I'm glad he's not our manager. From the outside looking in, it's seemed that things haven't been right there since the summer.

That would explain why the team has looked disjointed