IGNORED

Same old Everton

MC11

Personally I wouldn't call you a nice guy, I don't think you've come across as one with your last couple of posts. You have waded in with abusive comments because you are feeling sore after a defeat. I'm sore but I'm also looking at reality and we've failed to go to that next level again. I will however not stoop to abusing people.

You know it really really really does not matter to me what you think of me. Honestly, it matters not one little bit. Why would it?

I admit I was a bit blunt, and if we were sat in a room I would be more diplomatic, but when typing on a forum on my mobile, sometimes it's just easier to get straight to the point.

And as always you miss the point of the posts. The comment isnt because im sore about losing...its because of your re-launch post which was just bad taste.

Btw what is a spade? Where I'm from that's a racist term and nothing else. It's a good job I'm not black.

Dont you even dare try that one!!! Thats a shit trick.

The saying 'a spade is a spade' means you call something as it is...a spade is a a tool for digging etc. Nothing to do with racism.

calling a spade a spade is not a racist saying one bit

see...you're just a fuckin wum

Thanks for that. Appreciated.

I'll be honest, I would call him a wum but have no idea what one is?!!!

A fair few have called him a wum...he seems ok with that...but found my shit bag comment a bit harsh! Now Im a nasty man and a racist!

Damn.

Edited by Newty82

I get called a Wind Up Merchant for having a different opinion on things. If that constitutes to being a WUM ok. But I'm saying it as I see it and I am yet to be proved wrong on this season. It's gone down the pan considering the fantastic start.

calling a spade a spade is not a racist saying one bit

see...you're just a fuckin wum

I beg to differ and if the phrase was used infront of people of African race, they would be offended. Other phrases could have been used. Let's just draw a line on it there I'm not black and I wasn't offended. But Newty was not to know that.

Btw what is a spade? Where I'm from that's a racist term and nothing else. It's a good job I'm not black.

The only way I will give you a bit of leeway on that one is if you are American? Where I believe in recent years it may in some small minority way have a racial intent against african americans. But then so does the word 'boy'.

I get called a Wind Up Merchant for having a different opinion on things. If that constitutes to being a WUM ok. But I'm saying it as I see it and I am yet to be proved wrong on this season. It's gone down the pan considering the fantastic start.

Oh. Is that all? Thought it would be something more exciting than that.

We all know a spade is a racial slur and that phrase has been used as one.

Honestly, leave it at that. You are going to embarrass yourself.

So those digging implements I have in my shed that I use for the garden...I call them spades. What would you call them?

Honestly, leave it at that. You are going to embarrass yourself.

So those digging implements I have in my shed that I use for the garden...I call them spades. What would you call them?

If you called me a spade and I was black I'd consider it racist.

Back on topic.

At the end of the day I don't think we've improved at all. It's a results game and of late we've been turned over by those teams above us at a crucial stage in the season. Yes there has been a more eye catching Everton but in terms of results we have stagnated. We must aim for a 5th place finish but that is far from set in stone just yet. We could end up 7th. Which I would see as disappointing. Don't get me wrong I'm all for giving him time and I think he's the right man. It's the money issue! That's the next level in my opinion. We all want to see success and that's cups and even champions league qualification.

Also let me get one thing straight. I'm not trying to WUM anyone on here, if people think I have I apologise. It's my views on the team. The financial future and were we are heading. I just don't see it.

For me Martinez has had a better squad available to him this season. Of course that's my opinion.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Dont you even dare try that one!!! Thats a shit trick.

The saying 'a spade is a spade' means you call something as it is...a spade is a a tool for digging etc. Nothing to do with racism.

Its clear from the context that was how you meant it Newty. Its a well known saying and has nothing to do with race at all. I cant believe anyone would question that.

Its clear from the context that was how you meant it Newty. Its a well known saying and has nothing to do with race at all. I cant believe anyone would question that.

Cheers for that. Im 99% sure that no one will or can see it racially.

I think it is absolutely deplorable behaviour from him to try and swing it that way. And thats that.

As for trying in vain to relaunch this topic, I doubt theres much more to say on it until the end of the next season.

Think it's unfair to call this a "failed season" considering nobody really knew where we would end up at the start. I didn't project anything for this season because

1. I don't like jynxing things

2. But more importantly, I honestly had no clue where we would end up (of course a squad that constantly finished top 7 wasn't going to drop to 13th all of a sudden)

This was the first time since I have begun following Everton that DM was no longer our manager. Besides Everton, the only other football team I truly follow are the Galaxy, who have had a mixed bag of results with new managers (last place one season, MLS Champions the next). Furthermore, I did not know much about RM other than the thrashing his Wigan squad gave us and the final he had against Man City. Now of course I figured there would be some turnover and getting used to his style, so I honestly wanted to see how the team would react. Now has he made some mistakes this season... definitely (lack of a striker on loan, rushing players at times from injury). Am I more satisfied by our performances this season... for the most part yeah. I am just having a difficult time seeing how a squad made up of players that he has not chosen and are still learning his play style finishing on par with last years finish (plus a decent/good shot at qualifying for Europe) a failure.

Cheers for that. Im 99% sure that no one will or can see it racially.

I think it is absolutely deplorable behaviour from him to try and swing it that way. And thats that.

As for trying in vain to relaunch this topic, I doubt theres much more to say on it until the end of the next season.

No matter how you try to dress it up there was hundreds of others things you could have said.

"Calling a spade a spade and you are that spade" was inappropriate IMO. If I was black I would have taken it that way. "Spade" is a racial slur and that's what you called me. It's a public forum and can be conceived in different ways.

After looking into the phrase yes it has been a common phrase for hundreds of years. But in the last 50+ years it's has been associated with racism and spade is definitely a racist slur.

No matter how you try to dress it up there was hundreds of others things you could have said.

"Calling a spade a spade and you are that spade" was inappropriate IMO. If I was black I would have taken it that way. "Spade" is a racial slur and that's what you called me. It's a public forum and can be conceived in different ways.

After looking into the phrase yes it has been a common phrase for hundreds of years. But in the last 50+ years it's has been associated with racism and spade is definitely a racist slur.

Really don't think he meant it as a racial slur. I honestly didn't know "calling a spade a spade" had turned slightly racist until I did a google search. I have used the saying on a couple of occasions and have never been called out on it. Don't want to derail the thread but what other things could he have said that are common sayings/phrases?

Really don't think he meant it as a racial slur. I honestly didn't know "calling a spade a spade" had turned slightly racist until I did a google search. I have used the saying on a couple of occasions and have never been called out on it. Don't want to derail the thread but what other things could he have said that are common sayings/phrases?

Instead of using that phrase he could quite easily have said. "I say it as it is" or something more appropriate. I don't know about America but that word is racist in this country.

Instead of using that phrase he could quite easily have said. "I say it as it is" or something more appropriate. I don't know about America but that word is racist in this country.

Fair enough and like I said, I have heard others say it as well (not just whites but hispanics and blacks as well) and have never heard someone say it was racist.

Ok. So answer my question that I have asked you already...

I have a digging implement in my shed that I use in my garden. I call it a spade. What would you call it?

I didnt call you a spade per se, not at all. I said it in relation to the very well known and widely used figure of speech.

You've researched it and you know full well the meaning behind it. And you know full well there is absolutely no racial intent there at all.

To continue to try and turn it that way, just to make me look bad because I put your nose out of joint, is plain pathetic.

Stop making a fool of yourself. Please.