IGNORED

Same old Everton

MC11

Have browsed the thread. All I will say is that I can definitely see a difference this season in confidence on the ball and cohesion and fluidity as compared to when I watched you under Moyes (although I haven't saw you for a few games, so not sure what recent play has been like).

What I will say is it can be too simplistic to judge by results. They are quantitative and not quantitative. Martinez's Everton and Moyes's recent teams may finish on similar points totals, but that doesn't tell you how well each team played and how dominant one manager was against teams as compared to the other. It is difficult to assess progress from points totals and results. For now Martinez's progress with the club is something which is easier assessed via performances than results, as he's trying to transition to his own style. Once this transition is complete, that will be the time to fully build results into the mix.

Have browsed the thread. All I will say is that I can definitely see a difference this season in confidence on the ball and cohesion and fluidity as compared to when I watched you under Moyes (although I haven't saw you for a few games, so not sure what recent play has been like).

What I will say is it can be too simplistic to judge by results. They are quantitative and not quantitative. Martinez's Everton and Moyes's recent teams may finish on similar points totals, but that doesn't tell you how well each team played and how dominant one manager was against teams as compared to the other. It is difficult to assess progress from points totals and results. For now Martinez's progress with the club is something which is easier assessed via performances than results, as he's trying to transition to his own style. Once this transition is complete, that will be the time to fully build results into the mix.

Hallellujaahhh!

Way hey!!!!! Eloquently put.

Loved reading this thread and can see both sides of the coin. For me same old everton? If we are basing it on the moyes era then up to now we are pretty much the same regarding league places, points etc. will it be the same in five years time? For me no. Not at all. We will win things regardless of the "glass ceiling" and that is the difference.

How we all feeling?

I just started reading this thread from post#1. Christ, it has taken some twists and turns.

So I'm going to try and rational and put all other posts behind me. I think.

We are stuck financially. We always will be in the present circimstances. We dont have a load of spare cash etc. We compete against teams who this season have a net spend deficit of...

Chelsea £49.5mill

Man City £91.7mill

Man Utd £67.8mill

L'Pool £21.5mill

Spurs have a surplus of £3.5mill...altho they sold Bale and waxed the lot.

While we have a surplus of £14.3mill. This sum wont land a super-duper striker...never mind buy reinforcements in midfield and defence etc.

Unless something miracles happens, in that sense 'same old everton'...no point getting frustrated about it. We have all known this for 30 odd years, probably ever since the Moores family withdrew their financial muscle.

On the footballing side, we have much to look forward too. Even Cotto admitted in a much earlier post that there have been positive changes. Goid things are happening. But will it make much difference? Only time will tell. And by time I mean not 9 months but at least a few years.

See, its not just the first team that have to adjust to the new era and way of playing...but the youth teams too. Once the whole club is playing the same way, then the kids will be more ready to step into the first team and then we dont have to worry about spending. Because we will have a footballing culture right through the club.

But it takes longer than 9 months, and patience from the fans.

Enjoy the ride.

Then it's not the same old Everton then is it??!!!

Its a one size fits all thread title which is pathetic and people are now trying to shoehorn "what it is actually about" to suit their own posts.

Pretty ironic that the reasons to dismiss some posts is the reason to justify their own. Just nonsense.

Erm thats why i said "My personal take on it is that it isnt quite the same old Everton but I can see where Cotto is coming from"

• 2 weeks later...

And there we have it. Nothing's changed!

So we didnt even give Wigan a game at this stage last season at home and yet we create more chances than Arsenal at the Emirates and give them a really good game and yet nothing has changed.

So we didnt even give Wigan a game at this stage last season at home and yet we create more chances than Arsenal at the Emirates and give them a really good game and yet nothing has changed.

Results game! 4-1

I'm pissed off but people are blinded.

Nothing has changed at this football club apart from passing across the back four and holding possession.

Martinez hasn't even had a season to change things yet. You act like he's been here years and years and we're still making the same mistakes after all that time.

Results game! 4-1

That was probably the worst result possible from that game. We didnt deserve it, we matched Arsenal and whilst I do agree that we do need to start turning performances into points you are talking out of your arse if you cant see the progress on the pitch compared to last season.

when did this place become overrun by dickheads?

really can't be arsed with this forum any more

To be honest, I think you're a moron. If you don't like the thread stay out of it. No need for the abuse either, whether you think I'm right or wrong. Don't read it!

What's with all the ill tempered abuse.

If you go back a few pages the excuses were "we're only 5 points off 4th" "still in the cup"

I could see it all coming.

Because we are real fans feeling a bit raw after a defeat...and all you give a shit about is relaunching a bull shit thread which had thankfully died down with a shit bag remark.

Shit bag.

You get what you deserve on the forum...and you deserve abuse. Loads of it.

See it coming? Tell us all the lottery numbers you fuckin genius.

I'm not on a wind up I'm a realist and maybe I expect too much.

When Everton lose it winds me up more than anything. But the signs have been there for a while. I really can't see we're we move to the next level. Not even under Martinez!

Because we are real fans feeling a bit raw after a defeat...and all you give a shit about is relaunching a bull shit thread which had thankfully died down with a shit bag remark.

Shit bag.

You get what you deserve on the forum...and you deserve abuse. Loads of it.

See it coming? Tell us all the lottery numbers you fuckin genius.

You come across as a really nice guy.

You come across as a really nice guy.

Correct. I am a very nice guy. Good sense of humour, laid back character. Have a good management job, nice house, nice car. Put my family and kids first and take nothing for granted.

The flip side is I aint affraid to call a spade a spade. And you today are that spade.

Im surrounded in life by good people, very good people...because I have no time for idiots. Simples.

Lifes to short.....

Correct. I am a very nice guy. Good sense of humour, laid back character. Have a good management job, nice house, nice car. Put my family and kids first and take nothing for granted.

The flip side is I aint affraid to call a spade a spade. And you today are that spade.

Im surrounded in life by good people, very good people...because I have no time for idiots. Simples.

Lifes to short.....

Personally I wouldn't call you a nice guy, I don't think you've come across as one with your last couple of posts. You have waded in with abusive comments because you are feeling sore after a defeat. I'm sore but I'm also looking at reality and we've failed to go to that next level again. I will however not stoop to abusing people.

Lifes to short.....

Btw what is a spade? Where I'm from that's a racist term and nothing else. It's a good job I'm not black. Edited by MiguelCotto