IGNORED

FA Cup v Gunners

Brett Angel

Guest blueboy122

This game will be huge for Arsenal perhaps more so for them than us as they haven't won anything for years and there's huge expectation on them to do so especially this year with them being top of the league so far and now starting to fade a little. We need our boys to be up for this as they will be with them being at home etc. Such a shame we couldn't get the whole allocation as I think our fans tomorrow will play a huge part in how we play.

Would anyone be more inclined to go with Alcaraz if fit and Stones at the back rather than Distin?

No, I think Stones is naturally suited to that side, Alcasraz would have to replace Disin.

I know this may come across as a daft comment, but I think if Jags isnt playing, that might not be a bad idea (replacing Distin too). I know Distin is playing very well but I think the partnership Stones and Alcaraz showed was very encouraging (granted, only a game or 2), whereas Distin + Alcaraz/Stones is untested, as far as I remember....

Edited by Matt

Probably because he hadn't had the scan yet. It's a hairline fracture.

http://www1.skysports.com/FIFA-World-Cup-2014/news/12016/9198559/international-friendly-jack-wilshere-eases-injury-fears-after-englands-win-over-denmark

He told Sky Sports: "I'm fine. It's a bit sore but it's only a bruise. I've had a scan already and it showed just a bruise, so I'll be alright."

Just saw that the fracture is confirmed though. Weird!

Strange! Maybe just not spotted on a first scan or something!

I can believe that. Broke 3 metatarsals and went for a scan at Fazakerley, the "doctor" told me it was a sprain. I asked her, "why is there a golfball sized lump on the top of my foot then". She went back and confirmed the breaks. I looked at the X ray too (having had a fair bit of experience with breaking bones) and it was clear as day!

not played the last 6 games, Stones has at least had some game time recently

He has shown that he can step in and play though so its not really an issue. I think he reads the game better than any of our other CB's and he is positionally excellent. Him and Distin would make a good pairing.

I certainly wouldnt be disappointed if Stones was picked though, I really rate him and I would love to see him take his chance.

Think it's the ideal time to be playing them. They're going through their anticipated slump and what better way than to aid their slump than to kick them out of the cup. Ozil has gone missing, criticized by the german manager and team, Wilshire came out injured from the England game. Could be happy days come full time on Saturday, or at the very least a replay under the lights.

Edited by NYBlue

Laurent Koscielny returned from international duty with a injury too and is doubtful, and with their Champions League second leg tie on Tuesday in Munich it's definitely a good time to be playing them. We just need all of our players on their top game tomorrow and no brain farts.

Not to state the obvious, but we need to come out swinging. I don't care if we play long balls or take shots from distance. The typical RM "patient build-up" is fine and all, but we haven't scored early-on in a game, particularly when playing away, in a long while. An early goal is likely to rattle their cage.

Edited by verreauxi

Laurent Koscielny returned from international duty with a injury too and is doubtful, and with their Champions League second leg tie on Tuesday in Munich it's definitely a good time to be playing them. We just need all of our players on their top game tomorrow and no brain farts.

Vermaelen is a top defender IMO. I'd love him here.

If ever there was an opportunity to win the FA Cup again, then this season would represent it - but then again, how many times has that been said in recent years as the competition moved on to the latter stages with our continued participation ?

I know they got Munich sometime soon, and they won by two goals without reply in Germany a year or two back, so know they can do it and will be half-focused on that game, but as someone before put it, they haven't done anything since 2005 and got to be real eager to win something once more, and think they'll be more up for this than us. Besides, a win here, and it'll be good morale for the second game in Germany.

Yes they're not the same opposition as when Henry was involved, but still dangerous opposition and we'll have to be near our absolute best to take a result away from London - you know they're going to be fired up for it.

Yes.

He has shown that he can step in and play though so its not really an issue. I think he reads the game better than any of our other CB's and he is positionally excellent. Him and Distin would make a good pairing.

I certainly wouldnt be disappointed if Stones was picked though, I really rate him and I would love to see him take his chance.

He is terribly slow. That's my only issue with Alcaraz. (Apart from the injurys). Neither Stones or Alcaraz should in ahead of Jagielka or Distin.