IGNORED

FA Cup v Gunners

Brett Angel

Really not feeling confident about this game to be honest. Would love us to at least get them back to goodison on a night game.

I understand we love to play the possession game but would love RM to take a different route with arsenal this time. Give them the possession then play a good counter attacking game. Would love to see Barkley, delefao and Mirallas behind lukaku and really catch them out like the shite done. If we go ahead it will be the best set up to stick with. Play this way and it will give McCarthy the license to play as a third CB when under pressure. Break quick with speed in midfield, that's what I think.

What's ya thoughts????

Edited by Brett Angel

Really not feeling confident about this game to be honest. Would love us to at least get them back to goodison on a night game.

I understand we love to play the possession game but would love RM to take a different route with arsenal this time. Give them the possession then play a good counter attacking game. Would love to see Barkley, delefao and Mirallas behind lukaku and really catch them out like the shite done. If we go ahead it will be the best set up to stick with. Play this way and it will give McCarthy the license to play as a third CB when under pressure. Break quick with speed in midfield, that's what I think.

What's ya thoughts????

How many tonight mate?

I fancy us in this match. We finally got through the rough patch and won. Arsenal are in the middle of their bad patch and Ramsey is still out and ozil is struggling. I think we could pull this out or get a draw and a replay. Here's the lineup I'd like to see (jags is still out I'm guessing)

Howard

Coleman Stones Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

Subs: Duelofeu for Pienaar, Mcgeady for Mirallas or Barkley, and Naismith for Lukaku.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Playing away at an opposition we haven't beat since 1996 and with it, a senior match official of dubious qualities, doesn't make for a very promising look ahead, but we've got the players who can cause the opposition problems and despite their recent resurgence, still far from the club side many will remember. They're just about of Europe, won't win the league championship, so along with ourselves, the FA Cup represents the only opportunity of taking something from this season.

I don't expect a win on the day. Best guess is take it back to Liverpool for a replay and hopefully a night game at Goodison against some heavyweight opposition will work in our favor, as with games previous, and we can once again move into the semi-finals.

Eliminate these and you've got only Manchester City outstanding as a real threat in this years competition, so hopefully the players will be up for it and Martinez will want to keep his hold on the trophy, but this was the draw we could have done without for sure.

Playing away at an opposition we haven't beat since 1996 and with it, a senior match official of dubious qualities, doesn't make for a very promising look ahead, but we've got the players who can cause the opposition problems and despite their recent resurgence, still far from the club side many will remember. They're just about of Europe, won't win the league championship, so along with ourselves, the FA Cup represents the only opportunity of taking something from this season.

I don't expect a win on the day. Best guess is take it back to Liverpool for a replay and hopefully a night game at Goodison against some heavyweight opposition will work in our favor, as with games previous, and we can once again move into the semi-finals.

Eliminate these and you've got only Manchester City outstanding as a real threat in this years competition, so hopefully the players will be up for it and Martinez will want to keep his hold on the trophy, but this was the draw we could have done without for sure.

Records are made to be broken eh mate?!

I seriously doubt that we will sit back and defend for 90 minutes in this game.

Reason 1, We outplayed them in the league earlier in the season, no reason to think we can not do it again.

Reason 2, I have not seen much evidence that RM sets out a team to defend. Yes he likes us to play from the back, but only in order to prise open the opposition.

Reason 3, My bestie is a Gooner and I want to dance around his his house making YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY screams when we score.

(OK reason 3 is not a reason really, but I still want to do it as we will be watching the game together while his missus passes us the vino) :rofl: