IGNORED

Everton Vs Man Utd

Wire_Toffee

Upping the ante...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2608066/Roberto-Martinez-slams-David-Moyes-excuses-Manchester-United-crisis.html

The champions trail Everton by nine points with a game in hand, even though Moyes spent £27.5million to bring in Marouane Fellaini from his old club and £37.1m on Juan Mata. ‘They are still the league champions and they haven’t lost anyone,’ said Martinez. ‘It’s the opposite. They have two players on top.

‘United’s squad is bigger and better than people are trying to make out.’

Moyes has suggested he inherited an ageing group from Sir Alex Ferguson, but Martinez believes Jose Mourinho has proved that age is no obstacle by turning Chelsea into contenders.

He added: ‘Who are these United veterans? Rio Ferdinand? How many games has Rio played? Not many and Ryan Giggs hasn’t played many, either.

Whether you think Moyes is a crap manager or not, this would have been a really tough game. It would have been tougher with SAF in charge, though. If a manager has such an effect on a game, as you say, then United are in trouble: Moyes is an inferior manager to Martinez. He has done less well at United than SAF with the same squad plus Fellani and Mata; Martinez has done better at Everton with the same squad minus Fellaini. I don't think Moyes's tactics will change the game anything other than in Everton's direction. However, United's players may up their game and Everton may play as badly as they did against Palace. In which case, I agree, it will be a really tough game.

plus lukaku, barry,mccarthy, deulofeu

not sayin moyes is a better manager but these lobsided arguments that ignore certain things do my head in round here

plus lukaku, barry,mccarthy, deulofeu

not sayin moyes is a better manager but these lobsided arguments that ignore certain things do my head in round here

That strengthens the argument for me. Sold one first team player and brought in 3, overall improving the first team plus an extra one strengthening the bench add the kids getting a chance and RM has got us the best Everton squad in over a decade.

Can't be bothered with the Moyes hate fest, infact for an Everton forum that includes the word 'Thinking' it's a total embarrassment.

Never come across so much hate for an ex-Everton associate as one member on here as for Moyes!

The history of this club includes the names of many managers, some have won trophies some haven't, some were here a long time othes for a relatively short amount.

Moyes would be there for a man who turned a club around, from bottom six to top six, even got us a top 4 spot.He made Everton respected again after years of dross, without much money.That's probably worth more than say a random FA or league cup win.

He bought in the bulk of the present Everton Squad and turned this club around enough for us to be able to attract a manager who turned down the rs managers job only weeks previous.....guess Martinez liked what he saw.

The man moved on for one of the biggest/hardest jobs in football and tried to take some Everton players with him, without paying what they were worth............That's what's called moving on, he works for United, what's hard to understand about that.

We will always be the 'peoples club' and I hope we thrash United on Sunday, but I'll never hate David Moyes.

If we play as we have for the last couple of games, I can't se beyond a draw, maybe 2-2.

But if Everton want to show Moyes and United an 'Arsenal' type performance backed up by 38,000 fanatic Blues, then I'd have to say it could be the same scoreline as the 'Arsenal' game.

Also wouldn't bet against a red card or two, it's going to be frantic......Rooney, Fellaini, and any Everton midfielder you care to name will not give an inch.

RS ref Clattenburg will be very busy.

Moyes could have been afforded continued affection/respect if he actually didn't let his ego get carried away with him. Metaphorically Moyes spent 11 years in a house, renovated it, maintained it and then as soon as he moved on came back and took a shit on his old residents lawn.

Can't be doing with all this "show him respect" bollocks, we made him a very rich man and when he moved on he took the piss. People "affected" by Everton become part of the fabric, he never did - quite clearly. He never got what we were about, that was a threat to him.

Being proven right about him being a very average manager is annoying, it's took too many too long to see it.

Real Everton people get real Everton treatment, Moyes will learn that he is not to be afforded that.

If Moyes wasn't half the shite manager that he is man United would be taking one of the champions league places as they have done for the past stupid amount of years. The year after winning the league he has taken them to their lowest points tally, whilst spending near £70m on 2 players??? Suprised Moyes never took you along with Neville and round just to kiss his useless arse all that more dunc...

I expect us to beat them, Moyes will make it tough by setting his team up like pulis and allardyce... but we will win.

Have you seen Uniteds record away from home this season or are you just erasing it from memory to suit your Moyes bashing ?

They have won 11 times on the road, doesn't really sound like the type of side that sets out for a draw

As for me ever supporting Man Utd don't talk such utter shite. I follow Everon home and away so I don't think my loyalty as a blue should be in question

I won't be wasting my time heckling Moyes tomorrow because I would rather get behind Everton and Roberto if that makes me a bad fan in your eyes then so be it

See, this is the difference between Moyes, Neville, and crew versus Martinez. When Roberto left Wigan, it was all smiles for everyone. He made gracious comments about Dave Whelan, he spent time at local events to say goodbye to the fans, and he's praised Wigan more than once this season. It was the same when he visited Swansea, again making very positive comments about the team and their new manager. Not once has he criticized either team. When he looked to recruit McCarthy, he went about it in a very professional manner.

Cue David Moyes, who, upon leaving Goodison, talked immediately about how Everton feared OT (truth is, it was Moyes personally who feared OT), about how we were holding back Baines' and Fellaini's careers, and how we're only good because of what he's done. Now here's Phil Neville, who could be congratulating Everton for a fine season and for being in contention for Europe. Instead, he has to talk down to us, implying that we're a little club that can't handle pressure - presumably while United are a big club that can. It's so unnecessary. While I get frustrated with Haf's constant criticism of Moyes, I can understand it. Moyes and crew appear to have no people skills and simply don't know how and when to be gracious.

Well, this weekend, United will be under a lot of pressure to win. So let's see which team cracks under the pressure.

Have you seen Uniteds record away from home this season or are you just erasing it from memory to suit your Moyes bashing ?

They have won 11 times on the road, doesn't really sound like the type of side that sets out for a draw

As for me ever supporting Man Utd don't talk such utter shite. I follow Everon home and away so I don't think my loyalty as a blue should be in question

I won't be wasting my time heckling Moyes tomorrow because I would rather get behind Everton and Roberto if that makes me a bad fan in your eyes then so be it

I think I've explained elsewhere why Moyes is likely to be better on the road... Explain his home form then if you will?

Maybe your dedication in following Everton home and away has slightly intoxicated your ability to appraise Moyes in the manner many of us can. As I've said, you clearly loved the man.

I think I've explained elsewhere why Moyes is likely to be better on the road... Explain his home form then if you will?

Maybe your dedication in following Everton home and away has slightly intoxicated your ability to appraise Moyes in the manner many of us can. As I've said, you clearly loved the man.

And we have Dunc vs Haf round 11... Can we just get the three points tomorrow and move on? It's a thrilling moment to beat United whenever it happens, and it would be even more fun to do it against the old gaffer tomorrow at home upon his return to Goodison, but I can't wait for the final whistle, because hopefully we can stop talking about Moyes then and move on to Southampton.

He's just another pompous little shit who has done fuck all to justify his appointment at the most successful English club. The brown nosed snivelling little shit should just keep his mouth shut and count himself lucky that he and his boss of his had not already been given their marching orders.

Talking about failing under pressure??? Ask the knob head about his last minute brain fart that seen him give away a penalty that seen England exit a major competition.... Tell him to ask his boss about the fa cup semi final, the final against Chelsea and numerous other "shit the bed" specials.

Ah just haf being a hater.... No, I know when the club recruits self serving gob whites and he and the chosen one are prime examples.

Edited by Hafnia

And we have Dunc vs Haf round 11... Can we just get the three points tomorrow and move on? It's a thrilling moment to beat United whenever it happens, and it would be even more fun to do it against the old gaffer tomorrow at home upon his return to Goodison, but I can't wait for the final whistle, because hopefully we can stop talking about Moyes then and move on to Southampton.

If dunc wants to call me out in one of his Moyes loving posts then I'm going to reply. I hope we humiliate them, then beat Southampton and hope hull do the business against arsenal. Moyes will still be an incredibly rich average manager with no respect for his old club.

A mate tells you your wife has eyes on another bloke and is frugal in the sack. Rather than believe him or look at any evidence you call him a brainless cunt.

One day you come home and your wife's left a note 'I'm off, a bigger richer man has tapped me up. I'll be taking the dog as well because you're not good enough to look after him and the new bloke got a bigger garden for him to run around in'

Your mate then calls her a slag down the pub and you jump in to defend her; the whole room shake their heads.

He's just another pompous little shit who has done fuck all to justify his appointment at the most successful English club. The brown nosed snivelling little shit should just keep his mouth shut and count himself lucky that he and his boss of his had not already been given their marching orders.

Talking about failing under pressure??? Ask the knob head about his last minute brain fart that seen him give away a penalty that seen England exit a major competition.... Tell him to ask his boss about the fa cup semi final, the final against Chelsea and numerous other "shit the bed" specials.

Ah just haf being a hater.... No, I know when the club recruits self serving gob whites and he and the chosen one are prime examples.

Wow ! So much anger and hate.

I'm not over the moon with what Neville has to say, but I look at it as perhaps having a ring of truth about it, the Sunderland and Palace games we did show signs of not being able to 'finish the job', having a wobble maybe.

Still hasn't got me spitting hate at Phil.

Seriously get some help for all that Anger. :) I really hope for your sake United don't spank us Sunday.....You'll fucking explode :lol:

I'm not over the moon with what Neville has to say, but I look at it as perhaps having a ring of truth about it, the Sunderland and Palace games we did show signs of not being able to 'finish the job', having a wobble maybe.

Seriously get some help for all that Anger. :) I really hope for your sake United don't spank us Sunday.....You'll fucking explode :lol:

Haf's not angry. He called it years ago and got dogs abuse. Now Moyes and his sidekick have been found out, it's his turn to laugh that he was right. But the wronguns who told him to fuck off he knows nothing ect first time round don't like it.

Haf's not angry. He called it years ago and got dogs abuse. Now Moyes and his sidekick have been found out, it's his turn to laugh that he was right. But the wronguns who told him to fuck off he knows nothing ect first time round don't like it.

Pretty much this.

I'm annoyed that I was right, more annoyed that many couldn't see through the bullshit. Everton football club is huge, absolutely massive. Gobshites who tolerate its dilution to plucky over achievers can go support Tranmere if all they want is the odd day out, cup run and respectable league finish.

This club was built by visionaries, world class players, pioneers, and for the past years the fans have been placed under anaesthetic by gobshites like Neville and Moyes who don't have blue blood.

For me Martinez is the rightful heir to Joe royles throne.

Let's see how the other teams do against those scrapping for survival.

Nope your wrong again I don't love the man at all I just respect the job he did here,he has gone now so I have moved on

I'm far more interested in Everton and Roberto than Moyes, you should try it some time I'm sure it would make your world a happier place

In hope we get the win tomorrow to keep us both happy . I will be happy Everton won and you will be happy that Moyse lost

I took your comparison to Allardyce and Pullus to mean United would come here looking to defend and get men behind the ball and there record on the road would suggest otherwise , the game is at Goodison so why do I need to explain their record at OT?

I'm not sure I understand this! Could you clarify?

Why is it a lopsided argument?

cos you stated what players moyes had brought in and added to his squad that he took over yet only said what martinez had got rid of not mentioning the players he has brought in...basically saying martinez has used the same team moyes did minus fellaini..when 3 of our biggest players this season weren't in the squad last season

Guest Nikica

Moyes could have been afforded continued affection/respect if he actually didn't let his ego get carried away with him. Metaphorically Moyes spent 11 years in a house, renovated it, maintained it and then as soon as he moved on came back and took a shit on his old residents lawn.

Can't be doing with all this "show him respect" bollocks, we made him a very rich man and when he moved on he took the piss. People "affected" by Everton become part of the fabric, he never did - quite clearly. He never got what we were about, that was a threat to him.

Being proven right about him being a very average manager is annoying, it's took too many too long to see it.

Real Everton people get real Everton treatment, Moyes will learn that he is not to be afforded that.

On top of this, the guy who mindlessly spews the media line about Gerrard 'carrying' Liverpool laments other people's absence of thought. Funny guy.

That was below the belt, actually. Apologies Blue 250.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Teams are more attacking at home, which suits Moyes's tactics. Also, most of their impressive away victories have come recently when the pressure has diminished and there's little to play for. Talking up his away record is clutching at straws. It might help them beat you tomorrow but it certainly doesn't add any gloss to United's season.

cos you stated what players moyes had brought in and added to his squad that he took over yet only said what martinez had got rid of not mentioning the players he has brought in...basically saying martinez has used the same team moyes did minus fellaini..when 3 of our biggest players this season weren't in the squad last season

That would only put Moyes in an even worse light, though, wouldn't it? Martinez worked briskly and effectively over the summer to strengthen his squad. Moyes failed to do so at United.