IGNORED

Everton Vs Man Utd

Wire_Toffee

It mentions on the website that this game may be moved depending on United's Champions League result. Because they won last night, does this mean the game will be moved? Any ideas?

It'll only possibly be affected if they make the semi finals, where first legs are scheduled for 22nd/23rd April; they won't be expected to play Sunday/Tuesday so if they make the semi and get the 22nd in the draw then our game will be moved from the 20th.

All in all, as they're one of the weakest sides left in the draw, I'd be surprised if it got moved because I'll be surprised if they reach the semis.

It'll only possibly be affected if they make the semi finals, where first legs are scheduled for 22nd/23rd April; they won't be expected to play Sunday/Tuesday so if they make the semi and get the 22nd in the draw then our game will be moved from the 20th.

All in all, as they're one of the weakest sides left in the draw, I'd be surprised if it got moved because I'll be surprised if they reach the semis.

I'm 30 and I still have a little chuckle when I read the word semi :)

Cheers mate, thought United were messing up my Easter! Big surprise if they make the semis.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rusty747

The good news about Utd not having another game before they play us is that we could, and should, be 12 points ahead of them when we welcome them to Goodison. Utd will have to win to have even the slightest chance of catching us. That will force them to attack and will really suit our style of play.

Got to say that the most "disciplined" I have seen them play is when they are playing against teams that Moyes is fearful of. In other words the style we used to see us take to top 4 away from home....

Moyes ego will not want to take a hiding at goodison. I can see them trying the bayern tactics on us and steal a goal.

Guest rusty747

Fair point but there is only so long that the Man U fans and Board of Directors will tolerate that sort of playing style. I think if Moyes wants to keep his job into next season he is going to have to play a more expansive (and less fearful) style of footie than he has been doing.

Fair point but there is only so long that the Man U fans and Board of Directors will tolerate that sort of playing style. I think if Moyes wants to keep his job into next season he is going to have to play a more expansive (and less fearful) style of footie than he has been doing.

That's like trying to train a corgie into being a guard dog.

Hopefully being the team chasing will help us and I think it will. If Hull and maybe Jelly do us a favour and get a drawer or a win the crowd will be rocking again. I think Naisy picks himself with Ross and Mirallas. 2-1 to us Naismith and Ross with the winner

I'm hoping for another strong lineup. Here's what I"m thinking

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Barkley McGeady

Lukaku

Subs: Naisy, Gerry, Osman

this is a must win, we need to beat moyes, do the double on united, and keep pressure on arsenal. not to mention keep united out of the europa league.

Edited by markjazzbassist

If Moyes was half as bad a manager as Haf would have you believe then this would bean easy 3 points. Unfortunately he isn't and so it will be a really tough game

We can't afford to defend as badly as we did against palace or it could get embarrassing

United will be coming for the 3 points to help them overtake us and that might suit us better

Unfortunately he isn't and so it will be a really tough game

Whether you think Moyes is a crap manager or not, this would have been a really tough game. It would have been tougher with SAF in charge, though. If a manager has such an effect on a game, as you say, then United are in trouble: Moyes is an inferior manager to Martinez. He has done less well at United than SAF with the same squad plus Fellani and Mata; Martinez has done better at Everton with the same squad minus Fellaini. I don't think Moyes's tactics will change the game anything other than in Everton's direction. However, United's players may up their game and Everton may play as badly as they did against Palace. In which case, I agree, it will be a really tough game.

I get the feeling its going to be one of those games that blows up in our face. We should beat Utd and not for the first time, I think we have a similar level of quality on the pitch, but I can just see them having everything go their way. Im not even sure I am going to be able to watch the match, which I think might be a Godsend.

If Moyes was half as bad a manager as Haf would have you believe then this would bean easy 3 points. Unfortunately he isn't and so it will be a really tough game

We can't afford to defend as badly as we did against palace or it could get embarrassing

United will be coming for the 3 points to help them overtake us and that might suit us better

If Moyes wasn't half the shite manager that he is man United would be taking one of the champions league places as they have done for the past stupid amount of years. The year after winning the league he has taken them to their lowest points tally, whilst spending near £70m on 2 players??? Suprised Moyes never took you along with Neville and round just to kiss his useless arse all that more dunc...

I expect us to beat them, Moyes will make it tough by setting his team up like pulis and allardyce... but we will win.

A week or two before, would be feeling quietly confident about this, but recent events leave one skeptical. The opposition are a pale imitation of last years league winners and while realize Moyes is far from greatest manager ever, whoever was going to take over after Ferguson had a colossal job on their hands.

Can't even recall right now the last time Everton won home and away against Manchester United same season, but that would be a fine accomplishment if we could overcome them once again in a few days. The designated match official is questionable, but that aside, and after a couple of recent lackluster performances and points dropped, try to remain confident that we can obtain another three points and see where it takes us.

The fact that United have the best away record in the league makes me very nervous.

I think it actually says states more about Moyes. Moyes reserves his most pragmatic mindset for away games, he always did do.

His pragmatic approach at home is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit... Away from home.... Well there's only 5000 who aren't gonna use their vocal chords slating him.

We will beat these tomorrow.

I think it actually says states more about Moyes. Moyes reserves his most pragmatic mindset for away games, he always did do.

His pragmatic approach at home is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit... Away from home.... Well there's only 5000 who aren't gonna use their vocal chords slating him.

We will beat these tomorrow.

But how will we do on Sunday :P?